One Bad Ass Federal Agent

Great job.

RAMBO!

Are those green lasers I see flashing?

That's serious prison time if they're using them

Three officers have been blinded by those punks...

Any chance you have a link to this blinding claim. You talking temporary flash blinding or you talking FKing blind teach me brail blind?

Great job.

RAMBO!

Any chance you have a link to this blinding claim. You talking temporary flash blinding or you talking FKing blind teach me brail blind?

Google it....

No no. Don't use google. Duckduckgo it!

I figured him for a google guy....

Great job.

RAMBO!

It's only been all over the fucking internet.

Well then you should have posted it in something I might read. Billy posted a thread that caught my eye, I asked about it, as lots of stuff (on here even) is bullcrap. You can't just believe either side because what they are saying suits a narrative (either sides narrative). Typsy had reference handy and posted so I got to ready it. If it was the snarky way I asked, get over it or people will think you are a snowflake. Most of my real experience with lasers was military and so most likely IR. It too warns of potential blindness and yes have heard of people irritating their eyes requiring treatment but did not lead to blindness. Have done a lot of lecture and presentation using pointers and know the problem of keeping a point steady from just a few feet away and have been dazzled by dumbasses with a red laser pointer, again no injury. Actually make me want to know how the asshole with the laser did it and suspect it was very close range and with specific intent. That is why I agree with Anylusian in post #12. The perp becomes a valid target for potential lethal engagement if seen using it in that manner, in my humble opinion. But, I'm not known to be the squeamish type.

I've seen better ...

articleimage_1_tatsuyanakadai.jpg

Great job.

RAMBO!

Google it....

No no. Don't use google. Duckduckgo it!

You got me pegged. I don't google, as google is one of the great techno Satans. I Duck it. But somebody posted it almost as soon as I asked, so I just clicked it.

I have accidentally flashed my green laser in my eye...like an idiot.
i was blinded for about a minute but regained my sight.

I "think" permanent damage would occur if more than one full second of exposure. A passing flash probably not.
But then, I'm not the expert on it. Just my experience.

You def don't want to look into a green or red laser on purpose.

I do have some expertise on this.....
Helicopter and aviation pilots can lose their night vision from even an instant flash from a laser.
Cockpits are normally dark environments and the eye is adjusted for low lighting.
Red flashlights are used to preserve night vision.
Depends on the strength of the laser. Legal is 5 mw but most of these are MUCH more powerful. They will blind you instantly and permanently

I have accidentally flashed my green laser in my eye...like an idiot.
i was blinded for about a minute but regained my sight.

I "think" permanent damage would occur if more than one full second of exposure. A passing flash probably not.
But then, I'm not the expert on it. Just my experience.

You def don't want to look into a green or red laser on purpose.

I do have some expertise on this.....
Helicopter and aviation pilots can lose their night vision from even an instant flash from a laser.
Cockpits are normally dark environments and the eye is adjusted for low lighting.
Red flashlights are used to preserve night vision.
Depends on the strength of the laser. Legal is 5 mw but most of these are MUCH more powerful. They will blind you instantly and permanently
Where do they get them and why is it legal for any yokel to purchase? Was pretty sure when I read the link somebody provided, we were not talking laser pointer or pistol aiming laser. Lasers have come a long way in the last 30 years or so and it does not sound like regulation has kept pace.

Forum List

Back