One less "Enemy of the People"

There are other, far less extreme conservatives that have been banned.
What conservative journalists have been banned?

Not "journalists" per se, but there have been quite a few conservatives banned from social media. Then there was the smear campaign ran against Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity even while they were working with FOX news.
There have been all kinds of smear campaigns...Rachel Maddow...etc. but they aren’t banned. And even then we are still talking about private entities. At what point do you make the determination to allow the government to intrude on their business choices?

At the point when it becomes effect censorship.
Is it censorship to ban ISIS from using their p,atforms to recruit from?

Equating conservative media personalities to ISIS? Really now?

Alex Jones was mentioned in the post you responded to, with your statement of support for Free Speech.

DO you disavow the movement to ban these voices from social media?

Alex Jones is the only voice banned from certain privately owned platforms. It is their choice, and if unfair he can challenge them in court. Since he knowingly and willfully reports blatently false material that has caused harm to people, those companies have every right to boot him. The same dies not apply to any of the rest you mention, at least not to the extreme degree, and if they were to be banned from those outlets I would be very concerned.

He gives false information, like CNN saying that Trump banned all Muslims immigration or CNN using pictures of kids in cages at the border taken during Obama's administration and using them to blame Trump for them?

Funny, CNN is not banned anywhere are they?

CNN is equivalent to Alex Jones? Do you hear yourself?? Equivalent to Fox maybe.

He gave some powerful examples.
And I can give some powerful ones for Fox like Seth Rich, but both Fox and CNN also get it right often enough even if there is bias. Alex Jones? Pizza Gate? Sandy Hook Hoax? Those caused real damage to people. Jones is not a journalist. Private entities are not required to provide services to those who violate their terms of service. They can take it to the courts.

Do you disavow this attempt to silence conservatives voices?

Journalism weakened by democracy’s erosion

The 2017 World Press Freedom Index, published today by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), shows that violations of the freedom to inform are less and less the prerogative of authoritarian regimes and dictatorships. Once taken for granted, media freedom is proving to be increasingly fragile in democracies as well. In sickening statements, draconian laws, conflicts of interest, and even the use of physical violence, democratic governments are trampling on a freedom that should, in principle, be one of their leading performance indicators.

headed the Index have dropped a few places – three in the case of the Netherlands and two in the case of Finland, which has lost its No. 1 position for the first time in six years. As regards the “indicator” of the overall level of media freedom violations in a region, Europe continues to have the lowest (i.e. best) indicator but it has risen significantly – by 17.5% in five years. In comparison, the Asia-Pacific region’s indicator rose by only 0.9% in the same period.

“The democracies that have traditionally regarded media freedom as one of the foundations on which they are built must continue to be a model for the rest of the world, and not the opposite,” RSF Secretary-General Christophe Deloire said. “By eroding this fundamental freedom on the grounds of protecting their citizens, the democracies are in danger of losing their souls.”

There are other, far less extreme conservatives that have been banned.

Not "journalists" per se, but there have been quite a few conservatives banned from social media. Then there was the smear campaign ran against Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity even while they were working with FOX news.
There have been all kinds of smear campaigns...Rachel Maddow...etc. but they aren’t banned. And even then we are still talking about private entities. At what point do you make the determination to allow the government to intrude on their business choices?

Show me a conservative banned, that has used child soldiers, practiced slavery, committed mass rape, mass executions and large numbers of beheadings, and used chemical weapons.

Alex Jones is the only voice banned from certain privately owned platforms. It is their choice, and if unfair he can challenge them in court. Since he knowingly and willfully reports blatently false material that has caused harm to people, those companies have every right to boot him. The same dies not apply to any of the rest you mention, at least not to the extreme degree, and if they were to be banned from those outlets I would be very concerned.

He gives false information, like CNN saying that Trump banned all Muslims immigration or CNN using pictures of kids in cages at the border taken during Obama's administration and using them to blame Trump for them?

CNN is equivalent to Alex Jones? Do you hear yourself?? Equivalent to Fox maybe.

And I can give some powerful ones for Fox like Seth Rich, but both Fox and CNN also get it right often enough even if there is bias. Alex Jones? Pizza Gate? Sandy Hook Hoax? Those caused real damage to people. Jones is not a journalist. Private entities are not required to provide services to those who violate their terms of service. They can take it to the courts.

It depends on the case. Are conservative voices really being silenced? Or is it like the faux war on Christmas? Are those banned banned because they are conservative or for some other reason? I am not sure I believe the claim and we STILL run into the problem of private corporations.

Show me a conservative banned, that has used child soldiers, practiced slavery, committed mass rape, mass executions and large numbers of beheadings, and used chemical weapons.

So you agree that these private companies do not have to provide their services to everyone? That their ToS agreements mean something?

Journalism weakened by democracy’s erosion

The 2017 World Press Freedom Index, published today by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), shows that violations of the freedom to inform are less and less the prerogative of authoritarian regimes and dictatorships. Once taken for granted, media freedom is proving to be increasingly fragile in democracies as well. In sickening statements, draconian laws, conflicts of interest, and even the use of physical violence, democratic governments are trampling on a freedom that should, in principle, be one of their leading performance indicators.

headed the Index have dropped a few places – three in the case of the Netherlands and two in the case of Finland, which has lost its No. 1 position for the first time in six years. As regards the “indicator” of the overall level of media freedom violations in a region, Europe continues to have the lowest (i.e. best) indicator but it has risen significantly – by 17.5% in five years. In comparison, the Asia-Pacific region’s indicator rose by only 0.9% in the same period.

“The democracies that have traditionally regarded media freedom as one of the foundations on which they are built must continue to be a model for the rest of the world, and not the opposite,” RSF Secretary-General Christophe Deloire said. “By eroding this fundamental freedom on the grounds of protecting their citizens, the democracies are in danger of losing their souls.”

I'm well aware of the lack of freedom of speech in Europe, and have often spoken out strongly in support of reporters there, such as Tommy Robinson.

So you agree that these private companies do not have to provide their services to everyone? That their ToS agreements mean something?

Geez. I seem to remember a couple who owned a bakery who believed they didn't have to provide a service to some people.

They lost everything they had.

It depends on the case. Are conservative voices really being silenced? Or is it like the faux war on Christmas? Are those banned banned because they are conservative or for some other reason? I am not sure I believe the claim and we STILL run into the problem of private corporations.

Yes, they are conservative voices being silenced, and for behavior far less than liberals not banned have done.

Sorry, you lost me there.

I said "censorship", and then you challenge that, and set the bar for judging it as "isis".

I asked you, not to show me that all the conservatives banned where that bad,

but just to find ONE that was that bad, that was banned.

I'm not sure how your next post was connected to that in any way.

Geez. I seem to remember a couple who owned a bakery who believed they didn't have to provide a service to some people.

They lost everything they had.

THAT'S DIFFERENT. FOR REASONS.

please Give me one concrete example of Donald Trump restricting the freedom of the press. Remember Obama spied on reporters and you all didn’t even notice. Rhetoric is not a concrete example.

And then answer me this. When the main stream media acts like Pravda what is someone who believes in freedom of the press supposed to do? The American press caused this problem and then complains when someone points,this out. What many on this board call freedom of the press is just brainwashing. If you can’t be brainwashed, you are anti freedom of the press.

And we have a president declaring that journalists are an enemy of the people
Don't you feel that way about Alex Jones, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity? Your side is doing everything in its power to defund them.
defund them?

who was funding them, to then defund them???

Far worse than that, the left is trying to silence them by going after their sponsors. They can't outright shut them up like they do on social media, so they smear them and attack their sponsors. This has already been done to several FOX News hosts but you know what? FOX news is still leading every other network.
:cuckoo:

need I remind you about the NFL and Kaepernik bashing for his free speech by the president and you right wingers... bringing their ratings down... preventing him from even getting a job...?

Or the president bashing Amazon and bringing their stock value down simply because jeff bezos exercised his free speech against the president....?

Your so called concern for free speech is quite selective... :rolleyes:

besides the fact that boycotting a business is a way for citizens to be heard, WITHOUT THE GOVERNMENT interfering or forcing us to shut up with the government's influence and power....

this is EXERCISING FREE SPEECH,

NOT curtailing it.

in addition, what the 1st amendment protects you and me, AND THE PRESS all by itself from... is any GOVERNMENT interference... when we are bashing the government, or getting a leak that reveals what the government is doing... they can't touch us...

And we have a president declaring that journalists are an enemy of the people
Don't you feel that way about Alex Jones, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity? Your side is doing everything in its power to defund them.
defund them?

who was funding them, to then defund them???

Far worse than that, the left is trying to silence them by going after their sponsors. They can't outright shut them up like they do on social media, so they smear them and attack their sponsors. This has already been done to several FOX News hosts but you know what? FOX news is still leading every other network.
:cuckoo:

need I remind you about the NFL and Kaepernik bashing for his free speech by the president and you right wingers... bringing their ratings down... preventing him from even getting a job...?

Or the president bashing Amazon and bringing their stock value down simply because jeff bezos exercised his free speech against the president....?

Your so called concern for free speech is quite selective... :rolleyes:

besides the fact that boycotting a business is a way for citizens to be heard, WITHOUT THE GOVERNMENT interfering or forcing us to shut up with the government's influence and power....

this is EXERCISING FREE SPEECH,

NOT curtailing it.

in addition, what the 1st amendment protects you and me, AND THE PRESS all by itself from... is any GOVERNMENT interference... when we are bashing the government, or getting a leak that reveals what the government is doing... they can't touch us...
How illogical can you possibly get? Jeff Bezos can exercise free speech but the president cannot?

Forum List

Back