One less "Enemy of the People"

And we have a president declaring that journalists are an enemy of the people

Here we have journalists that are enemies of the people.
No. They are not.

Not really sure about that. I would certainly consider any entity that insisted on lying to me, an "enemy."

Especially if they were trying to destroy everything I believed in.

Trump lies a lot...andFox is his mouthpiece...food for thought. Many serious journalists have left Fox.

No. They are not.

Yes. They are.
Well...then I suspect you fully support the war on journalistic freedom going on. In the name of “enemies of the people” of course.

Journalistic irresponsibility is not the same a "journalistic freedom", because the First Amendment doesn't protect the right to slander.

They've gone way over what is morally and responsibly allowable.

No. They are not.

Not really sure about that. I would certainly consider any entity that insisted on lying to me, an "enemy."

Trump lies a lot...andFox is his mouthpiece...food for thought. Many serious journalists have left Fox.

What has Trump lied about? He's the first American President who is actually being truthful.

I'm truly sorry that you feel he's lied to you, but he hasn't lied to me. He's actually done far more than he promised.

What happened to this girl is what was threatened in an Email to MSNBCs Kay Tur

Bulgarian journalist killed after reporting on corruption

The woman was investigating corruption in government and the union in Europe.

She was then brutally raped and murdered and beaten beyond recognition to send a message to the rest of the world.

Trump gets beaten up by the media every day and they have no fear.

That about says it all.

Don't you feel that way about Alex Jones, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity? Your side is doing everything in its power to defund them.

Umh...really? Defund them? How?

Fox News is still journalism...somewhat. The rest are opinion shows, not journalists. I totally defend there right to free speech and in a world with thousands of platforms and spaces to promote their views they can and they do. I would not however credit them as journalists.

So, you disavow the movement to ban these voices from social media?

I am impressed.

You mean from privately owned entities? Are you suggesting the government should interfere in private business? Why how leftist of you! Besides I see no indication that Fox News, Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck are banned on those platforms.

Alex Jones was mentioned in the post you responded to, with your statement of support for Free Speech.

DO you disavow the movement to ban these voices from social media?

No. They are not.

Yes. They are.
Well...then I suspect you fully support the war on journalistic freedom going on. In the name of “enemies of the people” of course.

Journalistic irresponsibility is not the same a "journalistic freedom", because the First Amendment doesn't protect the right to slander.

Who defines “journalistic responsibility”...the dictators”? Is it “journalistically irresponsible” to report news critical of the Supreme Leader?

Don't you feel that way about Alex Jones, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity? Your side is doing everything in its power to defund them.

Fox News is still journalism...somewhat. The rest are opinion shows, not journalists. I totally defend there right to free speech and in a world with thousands of platforms and spaces to promote their views they can and they do. I would not however credit them as journalists.

I am impressed.

You mean from privately owned entities? Are you suggesting the government should interfere in private business? Why how leftist of you! Besides I see no indication that Fox News, Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck are banned on those platforms.

Alex Jones was mentioned in the post you responded to, with your statement of support for Free Speech.

Alex Jones is the only voice banned from certain privately owned platforms. It is their choice, and if unfair he can challenge them in court. Since he knowingly and willfully reports blatently false material that has caused harm to people, those companies have every right to boot him. The same does not apply to any of the rest you mention, at least not to the extreme degree, and if they were to be banned from those outlets I would be very concerned.

No. They are not.

Yes. They are.

Who defines “journalistic responsibility”...the dictators”? Is it “journalistically irresponsible” to report news critical of the Supreme Leader?

There are no "dictators" here. Just a left-wing tainted cabal of butt-hurt leftists who are angry because their little circle-jerk has been interrupted by a strong President who is actually accomplishing something. How many times have you ever heard CNN or MSNBC actually praise Trump for the wonderful things he's done? Never. Not once.

Their entire news cycle has been taken over by their hatred for him. Of course when Obama was President, they did nothing but shower him with praise, no matter how badly he screwed up.

No. They are not.

Yes. They are.

Your strawman of "dictators" is a nice strawman. I can see you are proud of it.

I respectfully decline your invitation to join you in playing with it. It is yours. All yours, nothing to do with US.

I am impressed.

Alex Jones is the only voice banned from certain privately owned platforms. It is their choice, and if unfair he can challenge them in court. Since he knowingly and willfully reports blatently false material that has caused harm to people, those companies have every right to boot him. The same dies not apply to any of the rest you mention, at least not to the extreme degree, and if they were to be banned from those outlets I would be very concerned.

He gives false information, like CNN saying that Trump banned all Muslims immigration or CNN using pictures of kids in cages at the border taken during Obama's administration and using them to blame Trump for them?

Funny, CNN is not banned anywhere are they?

She was then brutally raped and murdered and beaten beyond recognition to send a message to the rest of the world.

That about says it all.
That says nothing. Knock off the 'poor Donald' routine. He slanders at least one person with every tweet and you go into spasms over the blowback, but not the origin.

That about says it all.
That says nothing. Knock off the 'poor Donald' routine. He slanders at least one person with every tweet and you go into spasms over the blowback, but not the origin.

Slanders? Who does he accuse of being a rapist?

No. They are not.

Trump lies constantly

No. They are not.

Trump lies constantly

Maybe to you, but not to me

He's fulfilling his promises in spades.. :biggrin:

No. They are not.

Trump lies constantly

Trump is a self promoter. Everything he does is the biggest and best, hence the comments about the size of the inauguration crowd.

Were the true? Probably not. But that is Trump. Self promotion is why he got where he is even if untruths are mixed in.

Conversely, Obama lied to us about health care. It effects our bottom line and our health.

In short, Trump can lie all day to self promote but no one really gives a damn. What they do care though, is their bank account and their health.

Forum List

Back