One Look At What has Happened to The USA since We Rejected God Proves God is Real

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NorKPVdIBeY]The Class of '57 The Statler Brothers (lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Boy you really make this country sound like it is in a horrible state. Sorry, I look around and don't see the glass as half empty.

The question really is, as bad as things are today, are they worse than they were in the past? I think the answer is a resounding NO. Many people yearn for a past that never existed.

Exactly.

The religious right is part of the overall problem of conservative reactionaryism and their fear of change, diversity, and expressions of individual liberty.

They seek to return America to an idealized past that never actually existed to begin with, an America that was far from 'ideal' for gay Americans, African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, and women.

Indeed, more Americans enjoy greater freedom and liberty today than at any time in this great Nation's history, and the best America is yet to come, provided we can persevere in spite of the fear, hate, and ignorance of the reactionary religious right.

Boy you really make this country sound like it is in a horrible state. Sorry, I look around and don't see the glass as half empty.

The question really is, as bad as things are today, are they worse than they were in the past? I think the answer is a resounding NO. Many people yearn for a past that never existed.

alang, I'm sure the answer is a resounding yes. Not only are things worse, but the decline is full speed ahead.
I grew up in a house with no locks. In a town with no locks. I played Candy Land, and watched Father Knows Best, and played hide and seek at the park in the dark.

Now there are no fathers, our kids watch 2 Men and a Lesbian, they play Strangers and Dangers instead of Shoots and Ladders, parents don't dare let their children go unchaperoned to the park or in their own fenced in yard at any hour, and just try not locking up everything you own.
The glass is damn near empty.

And this would be an example of the fear, hate, and ignorance of the reactionary religious right.

Crime rates have dropped since we "abandoned God"

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After World War II, crime rates increased in the United States, peaking from the 1970s to the early 1990s. Violent crime nearly quadrupled between 1960 and its peak in 1991. Property crime more than doubled over the same period. Since the 1990s, however, crime in the United States has declined steeply

Lol, you disprove your own contention that I was wrong.

How hysterical is that?

We have lower crime rates than in the 60s

How hysterical is that?

Guess you missed this

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...ected-god-proves-god-is-real.html#post9612727

Compared to the period 1946 to 1964, yes, things are much worse.

not nearly enough! We need more men like gismys and jimbowie who "boldly" take a stand for the truth of god's word and say look at the signs! They are all about us! Anyone who cannot see the truth after looking at that list jimbowie has on his op - has got to be seriously determined not to face reality! He made an excellent point! I applaud him for it!

Which reminds me, mr. Clean! You have yet to address it!

there is no 'god,' nor any 'word' – it's all a creation of man, in essence you're advocating worshiping man.

The op, this post, and others like it represent the arrogance common to theists in general and christians in particular, your belief that you 'speak' for a 'deity,' that you possess some 'moral authority' to condemn others whom you perceive as 'sinful,' and the weakness of intellect to actually believe the nonsense posted in the op is 'proof' of your deity.

The sins of arrogance and pride are most often committed by christians, and in conflict with their dogma, christians make no effort to stop committing those sins.

ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!!

One heathen loser back-slapping the other, roflmao.

Please, one GISMYS around here is enough.

Not nearly enough! We need more men like GISMYS and JimBowie who "boldly" take a stand for the truth of God's Word and say look at the signs! They are all about us! Anyone who cannot see the truth after looking at that list JimBowie has on his OP - has got to be seriously determined not to face reality! He made an excellent point! I applaud him for it!

Which reminds me, Mr. Clean! You have yet to address it!

There is no 'god,' nor any 'word' – it's all a creation of man, in essence you're advocating worshiping man.

It is a known fact that there is a Creator. Atheists are the theological equivalent of 9011 conspiracy kooks or lunar landing deniers.

The OP, this post, and others like it represent the arrogance common to theists in general and Christians in particular, your belief that you 'speak' for a 'deity,' that you possess some 'moral authority' to condemn others whom you perceive as 'sinful,' and the weakness of intellect to actually believe the nonsense posted in the OP is 'proof' of your deity.

blah, blah, horse shit.

The sins of arrogance and pride are most often committed by Christians, and in conflict with their dogma, Christians make no effort to stop committing those sins.

If you are right there is no such thing as sin.

But then again, talking out of both sides of your mouth simultaneously is an atheist's specialty.

Meanwhile you stand in the smoldering demographic ruins of a once thriving nation and ask 'What problems?' like Alfred E. Newman.

Last edited:
You cannot even comprehend God because you are an ignorant ass hole who couldn't give a shit less.

And you heap more stupidity on yourself by passing judgment on God, roflmao.

God did not kill them, He took them home, you stupid fuck.

Why do we lock up murderers then? Aren't they just sending their victims home?

Because the murderers are not omniscient and don't know if the victim is saved or not.

Come, on, this isn't rocket science people.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+27&version=NIV

Curses From Mount Ebal

9 Then Moses and the Levitical priests said to all Israel, “Be silent, Israel, and listen! You have now become the people of the Lord your God. 10 Obey the Lord your God and follow his commands and decrees that I give you today.”

11 On the same day Moses commanded the people:

12 When you have crossed the Jordan, these tribes shall stand on Mount Gerizim to bless the people: Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Joseph and Benjamin. 13 And these tribes shall stand on Mount Ebal to pronounce curses: Reuben, Gad, Asher, Zebulun, Dan and Naphtali.

14 The Levites shall recite to all the people of Israel in a loud voice:

15 “Cursed is anyone who makes an idol—a thing detestable to the Lord, the work of skilled hands—and sets it up in secret.”

Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”

16 “Cursed is anyone who dishonors their father or mother.”

17 “Cursed is anyone who moves their neighbor’s boundary stone.”

18 “Cursed is anyone who leads the blind astray on the road.”

19 “Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.”

20 “Cursed is anyone who sleeps with his father’s wife, for he dishonors his father’s bed.”

21 “Cursed is anyone who has sexual relations with any animal.”

22 “Cursed is anyone who sleeps with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.”

23 “Cursed is anyone who sleeps with his mother-in-law.”

24 “Cursed is anyone who kills their neighbor secretly.”

25 “Cursed is anyone who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person.”

26 “Cursed is anyone who does not uphold the words of this law by carrying them out.”

Our families are broken by divorce more than half the time and hordes of fatherless children cause mayhem in our nation.

Children have no respect for their elders and live lives of destitution born of foolish choices.

We have diseases and mental disorders in such growing number that no matter how rich or popular a person is we see them choosing death over life over and over.

Our enemies mock us, run us out of their nations and dare us to return and promise to bring disaster to our own lands and we do little to stop them and it has no real effect.

Our people are cheated and lied to and our leaders pretend it is truthful and defend the liars and cheats because of bribes passed to them in the form of campaign contributions.

Our children vanish with each generation and alien cultures that flood our schools are proof of the promise that God will take from us what He gave us because we have chosen death over life, foolishness over wisdom and nihilism over faith.

The atheistic scum that infest this message board is proof of this faithlessness and idiocy, especially the ones that pose as believers and alienate everyone with their lies and posturing.

The next time we shall know better and will not make the same mistakes again.

The Levites shouted out a lot of rules about not having sex with relatives. But after the garden of Eden and the great Flood everybody had to sleep with their relatives. Why by and by did God come to change his mind and forbid it?

And what do you mean by this "The next time we shall know better and will not make the same mistakes again" What next time? And what mistakes are you reffering to?

And why doesn't #19 “Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.” apply to the "alien cultures that flood our schools"

And what would you like to happen to us "athiestic scum"? Do you wish you could behead us as ISIS beheads those who disagree with them? You certainly seem angry enough.If all is the Lords plan you don't seem willing to accept it as such, it's like you think we athiests created this very warped world. If you need me to point out in the Bible who did create it and who it says knew all these terrible things were going to happen precisely as they are unfolding I can do that for you. Maybe you forgot, all this sin came into the world because one gullible woman, Eve, was deceived by a very convincing talking snake.

So 18 acceptable years out of 230+?

Those 18 years were some of our worst

Rampant terrorism

Last edited:
There has never been any proof God is real.

Look around. Look in the mirror. Look at the complexities of the universe. Everything testifies that there is a God.

His hand is all over history if you are watching

Looking at the complexities of the universe simply shows us how little we understand.

Not to mention complexity is simply a human concept, and in terms of relativity the Universe might not be complex at all but very, very simple.

alang, I'm sure the answer is a resounding yes. Not only are things worse, but the decline is full speed ahead.
I grew up in a house with no locks. In a town with no locks. I played Candy Land, and watched Father Knows Best, and played hide and seek at the park in the dark.

Now there are no fathers, our kids watch 2 Men and a Lesbian, they play Strangers and Dangers instead of Shoots and Ladders, parents don't dare let their children go unchaperoned to the park or in their own fenced in yard at any hour, and just try not locking up everything you own.
The glass is damn near empty.

For every anecdote that says things are declining I'm sure I can find one that shows things are getting better. Anecdotes mean little, I'd like to see some statistics if you have them.

Assuming what you say is correct, it means the world you inherited was great while the world your children inherited was bad. Are you and your generation the cause?

Children have no respect for their elders
Gee, that bellyache has a familiar ring! For millennia every generation says the new generation is going to hell in a hand basket. :rofl::lmao:

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parent, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.
- Socrates

(1) I believe God exists, but I know that it cannot be proven empirically

(2) comparing the gospel of Christ's love to JimBowie's writings on the Board leads any logical person to conclude JB does not love Jesus Christ

lol, can you fucking read? Where did I say they were merely 'acceptable, implying the rest were not?

lol, you libtards cant shit if you cant lie about it first.

Forum List

Back