One of the 3 Democrats in Tennessee in protest is allowed to keep his seat (the only white one)

The only consequence is the GOP confirming every accusation of them being the party of racism and bigotry. These two representatives will be sent right back by the voters in their districts.
And they will never, ever solve anything. Tennessee, I know is more conservative. I see the same results all over the nation and an increasing cost that is getting tiresome.

From the Knoxville Sentinel this morning:

"Republicans' expulsion of 2 Black members draws comparisons to Tennessee's 'dark history'
"After Tennessee Republicans expelled two rising young Black Democratic state representatives April 6 for leading a protest demanding gun reform, people inside and outside the legislature began saying the quiet part out loud.

In a state fraught with racist history and in a Capitol where the bust of the first grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan was just recently removed, the April 6 vote was too much for so many who see old patterns reasserting themselves. Though three Democrats faced expulsion for their protest March 30 in the chamber of the House of Representatives, only one survived the votes: Rep. Gloria Johnson of Knoxville, a white woman."

-----------------------------------------------------------

From USA Today, as printed in Nashville's The Tennessean

"Where was the anti-'cancel culture' crowd in Tennessee?

So, where were they when Tennessee Republican lawmakers expelled two Democrats simply for protesting in favor of gun control in the aftermath of a deadly school shooting in Nashville?

Where is Arizona’s Rep. Andy Biggs, who once went on a long, long tirade against “cancel culture” in a speech before the House, saying in part, “Cancel culture is eroding the very foundation of who we are as an American people.
Where are the talking heads on Fox? They’ve all complained about cancel culture. They obsessed on it so much that, eventually, the closest thing to a new angle they could come up with was for Fox contributor Tomi Lahren to urge conservatives to “start canceling the companies that engage in 'cancel culture.' ”

Or is it simply because, in this case, the expelled lawmakers are Democrats?
And young.
And Black."

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Tennessee Republican House Caucus bears the blame for this trashing of Tennessee's reputation in the eyes of the nation.
It didn't have to be this way. They had suitable and appropriate alternatives.

IMHO

And they will never, ever solve anything. Tennessee, I know is more conservative. I see the same results all over the nation and an increasing cost that is getting tiresome.
Red States are the poorest in the Nation and their citizens live shorter lives. Facts.

We might not be able shame a majority of older whites, who are secured away in their safe space cocoons of Fox News and QAnon Facebook groups, but the younger white Tennesseens are looking around at their parents and grandparents today ashamed and disgusted. They live in a much more global online community and so they didn't develope nor do they share your hateful bigotries.
Well, what a very Communist perspective...

In the 1920s this was the view of Communist advocates....
"The Commissariats of Public Education and of Social Welfare are already doing much to assist the family. We already have homes for very small babies, creches, kindergartens, children’s colonies and homes, hospitals and health resorts for sick children. restaurants, free lunches at school and free distribution of text books, warm clothing and shoes to schoolchildren. All this goes to show that the responsibility for the child is passing from the family to the collective."

snip

"Communist society considers the social education of the rising generation to be one of the fundamental aspects of the new life. The old family, narrow and petty, where the parents quarrel and are only interested in their own offspring, is not capable of educating the “new person”. The playgrounds, gardens, homes and other amenities where the child will spend the greater part of the day under the supervision of qualified educators will, on the other hand, offer an environment in which the child can grow up a conscious communist who recognises the need for solidarity, comradeship, mutual help and loyalty to the collective."

What you are espousing through the state, in the form of Universities, and today primary education, is nothing new, and has been rejected in this country for its entire existence....

Or is it simply because, in this case, the expelled lawmakers are Democrats?
And young.
And Black."
Incredible to watch.

When you add up the various things they're running with right now, it's pretty clear: They're just going for it. They're either going to succeed in wrenching this country to their vision virtually overnight or they'll just burn the whole thing down.

The optics of this can't be worse for the Republican party.
In the state the KKK was born (Tennessee), two black lawmakers are ejected: The black ones.

"After surviving her vote, Johnson, who is White, was asked why there was a difference in the outcome for her and Jones, who is Black-Filipino.”It might have to do with the color of our skin,” she said."
Your article is behind a paaywall, dumbass.

Well, what a very Communist perspective...

In the 1920s this was the view of Communist advocates....
"The Commissariats of Public Education and of Social Welfare are already doing much to assist the family. We already have homes for very small babies, creches, kindergartens, children’s colonies and homes, hospitals and health resorts for sick children. restaurants, free lunches at school and free distribution of text books, warm clothing and shoes to schoolchildren. All this goes to show that the responsibility for the child is passing from the family to the collective."

snip

"Communist society considers the social education of the rising generation to be one of the fundamental aspects of the new life. The old family, narrow and petty, where the parents quarrel and are only interested in their own offspring, is not capable of educating the “new person”. The playgrounds, gardens, homes and other amenities where the child will spend the greater part of the day under the supervision of qualified educators will, on the other hand, offer an environment in which the child can grow up a conscious communist who recognises the need for solidarity, comradeship, mutual help and loyalty to the collective."

What you are espousing through the state, in the form of Universities, and today primary education, is nothing new, and has been rejected in this country for its entire existence....
😄

What the fuck are you on? When I said younger tennesseens are growing up in a larger, more enclusive global community I simply meant socially online. Communism is an economic system, nothing I said related to economics at all. You folks need to put down that boogeyman crack pipe. There aren't an army of communists hiding under your bed.

Tennessee expelled only 3 legislators since the civil war, and they were expelled because they were convicted felons.

Until expelling these 2 black representatives protesting for gun control after 6 of their constituents were murdered in a private school with an AR 15....

They Did not commit a crime, none were convicted felons...

These white boys simply wanted to put these black boys, in there place....below them.... shut them up.

And expelling the voters choice, who voted to have them represent them, with their chosen representatives...

Cancel culture to the extreme!

Fascist racist f--ks! 😡

Sheesh!

😄

What the fuck are you on? When I said younger tennesseens are growing up in a larger, more enclusive global community I simply meant socially online. Communism is an economic system, nothing I said related to economics at all. You folks need to put down that boogeyman crack pipe. There aren't an army of communists hiding under your bed.
You‘re a communist…What I posted from 100 years ago, you can see people like you working towards…

Incredible to watch.

When you add up the various things they're running with right now, it's pretty clear: They're just going for it. They're either going to succeed in wrenching this country to their vision virtually overnight or they'll just burn the whole thing down.
Yes, and progressive Democrats have NO culpability in this path, right?

And I was against that idiocy too. For the exact same reason as well to be quite frank. I even said it would lead to the republicans doing it but just doing it better.

Fucking prophetic.

And here we are, republicans doing it too, just more. And you think this ends here? That the democrats will not simply raise this to the next level? That would be naïve. It is the tacit acceptance when it is your side doing it that leads directly to the other side abusing the shit out of their power on the next available opportunity. At least it is small time right now, this is a state legislative body rather than a federal one, but everything is national in politics now and this does not end here if the right backs it.

And they will.

I don’t think you’ll have to worry, I think this was a one off. I’ve claimed for a long time that the repubs don’t have the balls to play the same game the dems do. The left could retaliate if they wanted to, and I think the Republican congressmen would just sit there and take it.

Yes, and progressive Democrats have NO culpability in this path, right?
See? I know these people. They get awfully mad at me, but they still confirm my points. I pay attention.

And to answer your question, here is something I said earlier today in another thread:

At its core, Trumpism is a response to the many, many issues that fall under the headings of Political Correctness and Identity Politics. What (I think) they now refer to as "woke". I think the last straw was when it began seeping into the classroom, where their children are captive audiences.

The Democrats not only refuse to admit this, they also just keep running with it. They laugh off any pushback. They dismiss any concerns. They just keep adding fuel to the raging fire. That's up to them, of course, but it's keeping this damn thing going. And it gave us President #45.

I'm an Independent. The only reason I voted Dem for the last two elections was to vote against this fucking thing, whatever it might be called, that has happened to the GQP.

The Dems can do what they want, however they want to do it. But as both parties just love to do, they're going too far with it. And that pisses off a lot of reasonable people.

It's not an opinion. Three people protested. The two blacks were booted and the white one wasn't.

There is no opinion there. Simple facts.

Yes. It is also a simple fact the white woman was the only one who did not use the bullhorn and 65 members voted to expel her. They needed 66.

There is no opinon there. Simple facts.

Yes. It is also a simple fact the white woman was the only one who did not use the bullhorn and 65 members voted to expel her. They needed 66.

There is no opinon there. Simple facts.

They knew how many they needed.

They knew how many they needed.

Now you are not stating facts. Interesting flip for you. :rolleyes:

She is the only one who did not use a bullhorn. SIMPLE FACT.

What happened to sticking to facts? Come on. Your bias is showing.

Now you are not stating facts. Interesting flip for you. :rolleyes:

She is the only one who did not use a bullhorn. SIMPLE FACT.

What happened to sticking to facts? Come on. Your bias is showing.

I didn't say she did. She did join in with the other two in interrupting the proceedings. The bullhorn was little more than an excuse.

Forum List

Back