One of the 3 Democrats in Tennessee in protest is allowed to keep his seat (the only white one)

Legacy media is nuts …they complain about this and say nothing about their own anchors saying “all whites have a virus “

ESPN targets whites in general.

busybee01 Superbadbrutha
skews13 Dragonlady Winco Curried Goats

Yelling at cops calling others racist doesn’t help …you folks are buying outright propaganda from legacy media…

Yell as much as you want…call others racists as much as you want …your not addressing clear racism on your side …not addressing black kids getting sold crack by black men …

Last edited:
I have to say....I watched a little of this yesterday....While my first thought was that expulsion was harsh, I do agree that respect for the chamber should be respected. We know that progressive liberals have no respect for any of our symbols, or decorum, or institutions....

In the times we live in today, it is hard to look at the actions of these people and not think to some degree that traitorous motives come to mind...In this case, I think it was people with a lack of understanding taking their protest too far....Now, should they be expelled for that? Should their districts have their votes for these people wiped out? I don't know, I'm not a politician...But my gut says no....Fore, if we start down that road we become like them....
It's about damn time there were CONSEQUENCES for these idiotic leftards.

The only consequence is the GOP confirming every accusation of them being the party of racism and bigotry. These two representatives will be sent right back by the voters in their districts.

I know they do, and inside I am cheering a Republican body finally having the balls to to onto Democrats what Democrats would do to us....But, I worry about precedents, as well as usurping the voters of those districts...I mean they may be Democrat shitholes, but none the less they voted these people in...I would have been satisfied with a censure and or losing their committees...For now....

Now, if they continued to disrupt in the fashion they did, then give em the boot...

The only consequence is the GOP confirming every accusation of them being the party of racism and bigotry. These two representatives will be sent right back by the voters in their districts.
Well, there has to be some responsibility for these members to understand that this isn't "the yard"

But, overall I don't think it was a good look......

Well, there has to be some responsibility for these members to understand that this isn't "the yard"

And the members had to understand that but still their instincts were to kick the black guys out and not the white woman.

😄

This isn't the 1940s and speaking down to these men as if you were a parent scolding a child is only losing you more and more voters. Keep it up. 😁

GOP confirming every accusation of them being the party of racism and bigotry.
As has been mentioned, this move by the Republican Caucus of the Tennessee House is a bad look for Tennessee.

It was an unforced error by, what appears to be, petty vindictiveness and narrowed thinking. Why the speaker of that House could not foresee a public relations disaster for them and for their state is beyond my comprehension. Hell, I'm just an old farmer hundreds of miles away and I could see this being a train-wreck.

To be sure, I know precious little about Tennessee...tho have worked on projects in Knoxville & Nashville....tho never Memphis. I like the time I spent in Tennessee. It is sad to see this dunderheaded move by the GOP Caucus set up Tennessee's reputation to be so trashed.....which it most surely was yesterday and this morning. It didn't have to be this way. They most surely had appropriate options for disciplining members who broke the necessary expectations for decorum.

For a chamber that looked the other way when one of their Republican colleagues was convicted of child abuse, and another colleague pissed in the House chair of another.....well, one doesn't have to look too deep to think one sees racism and bigotry. The blacks get kicked out, the white one doesn't. Duh!!
The splashback of that smears Tennessee's reputation.

There is this reportage this morning in Politico:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No One Should Be That Shocked by What’s Happening in Tennessee

I covered the statehouse for years. It’s been heading in this direction for a while."

"The world of politics experienced a collective shock this week as Tennessee Republicans expelled two young, Black, Democratic House members for protesting gun laws on the chamber floor after a deadly school shooting in Nashville.

But for those who have closely watched the chamber in recent years, the events were of little surprise. The place has been defined by partisan vitriol, pique, scandal, racism and Olympic-level pettiness for years."

And the members had to understand that but still their instincts were to kick the black guys out and not the white woman.
Well, that's the narrative YOU are ascribing to them...Unless you've polled them and have proof that is what they based their decisions on, then what you are doing is smearing them...

Well, that's the narrative YOU are ascribing to them...Unless you've polled them and have proof that is what they based their decisions on, then what you are doing is smearing them...

Thats clearly what happened.

As has been mentioned, this move by the Republican Caucus of the Tennessee House is a bad look for Tennessee.

It was an unforced error by, what appears to be, petty vindictiveness and narrowed thinking. Why the speaker of that House could not foresee a public relations disaster for them and for their state is beyond my comprehension. Hell, I'm just an old farmer hundreds of miles away and I could see this being a train-wreck.

To be sure, I know precious little about Tennessee...tho have worked on projects in Knoxville & Nashville....tho never Memphis. I like the time I spent in Tennessee. It is sad to see this dunderheaded move by the GOP Caucus set up Tennessee's reputation to be so trashed.....which it most surely was yesterday and this morning. It didn't have to be this way. They most surely had appropriate options for disciplining members who broke the necessary expectations for decorum.

For a chamber that looked the other way when one of their Republican colleagues was convicted of child abuse, and another colleague pissed in the House chair of another.....well, one doesn't have to look too deep to think one sees racism and bigotry. The blacks get kicked out, the white one doesn't. Duh!!
The splashback of that smears Tennessee's reputation.

There is this reportage this morning in Politico:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No One Should Be That Shocked by What’s Happening in Tennessee
I covered the statehouse for years. It’s been heading in this direction for a while."

"The world of politics experienced a collective shock this week as Tennessee Republicans expelled two young, Black, Democratic House members for protesting gun laws on the chamber floor after a deadly school shooting in Nashville.

But for those who have closely watched the chamber in recent years, the events were of little surprise. The place has been defined by partisan vitriol, pique, scandal, racism and Olympic-level pettiness for years."

This is who they are. There is no unforced error, its not a bug its a feature of a culture of racism and bigotry. A culture that still fights tooth and nail to venerate people and a society who fought for slavery.

Its a strong narrative with a sold history of support.

Problem is your opinion is not shared by everyone....

It's not an opinion. Three people protested. The two blacks were booted and the white one wasn't.

There is no opinion there. Simple facts.

It's not an opinion. Three people protested. The two blacks were booted and the white one wasn't.

There is no opinion there. Simple facts.
You are ascribing motive to the members who voted with no way to know what, or why they voted as they did....So, no, it's not a fact.

Problem is your opinion is not shared by everyone....
We might not be able shame a majority of older whites, who are secured away in their safe space cocoons of Fox News and QAnon Facebook groups, but the younger white Tennesseens are looking around at their parents and grandparents today ashamed and disgusted. They live in a much more global online community and so they didn't develope nor do they share your hateful bigotries.

You are ascribing motive to the members who voted with no way to know what, or why they voted as they did....So, no, it's not a fact.

What I stated was fact. Three people protested. Two black men and one white woman. The two black men were booted but the white woman was not.

Now I have to say I am somewhat surprised that they didn't want to take it out on a woman doing a mans job but I guess there has been a small amount of progress in Tennessee.

Forum List

Back