One of the Lies Behind fdr's Concentration Camps

Fact remains FDR left our military unprepared for a war that was obviously coming.
And except for a lot of lucky breaks, would have lost both the Pacific and European Theaters.

Actually, we were remarkably well prepared, considering the isolationist stance of the United States. War just came about 1 year too early.

The United States had already started the draft, had one of the largest navies in the World, and most of the aircraft and equipment we fought with in WW2 had either been put into production(the B-17) or had been designed and would be in production(P-51).

FDR dragged the United States rather unwillingly into preparing for WW2 at a time when the country was firmly isolationist.

There is no chance we would have lost in the Pacific- even if we had lost our carriers at Pearl or at Midway, our building program was already churning out ships and planes that the Japanese could not hope to keep up with.

And by 1945 we would have had the atomic bomb.

We didn't succeed because of lucky breaks- we won some key battles with some lucky breaks- but the war we won because of our troops and our industrial war production- led by FDR.

Of course there is disputing of it. He made it worse, longer, and did NOT end it. The end of WWII ended the Great Depression, not that irresponsible, arrogant scumbag fdr.

LOL- yeah according to the rabid FDR haters like you......

According to UCLA, among many others.

Oh please provide that quote.

UCLA is rather a big place- is this the official position of the University- or perhaps the unanimous position of all of its thousands of faculty? Or perhaps the entire student body?

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/FDR-s-Policies-Prolonged-Depression-5409
It's amazing the FDR cheerleaders are so ignorant they are unaware of the UCLA study.
But then again, their ignorance does explain their support of FDR.
It wasn't a study. It was an opinion paper by Cole and Ohanian in 2004 and was met with great criticism because it focused on industrialist data and thus skewed the overall interpretation and general impact on the general population. It totally misrepresents the major theme of trickle down vs trickle up theories which was the key controversy during the economic upturn of the GD and concentrates on the New Deals failure to make trickle down a priority while FDR's and the New Deal were all about promoting a trickle up concept and theory. The paper focused on one area and aspect of the GD and ignored the others.
Perhaps you know of some other paper or actual study I am unaware of. Feel free to provide a link. I am sure I have a link to the Cole-Ohanian paper. If you want it I can try and find it. I have a hard copy for sure.

The Tuskegee experiments went from 1932- the year before Roosevelt was President- until 1972- 20 odd years after he died. Certainly a blemish on the United States but FDR did not initiate them, or participate in them in any way other than the experiments happened under his administration as it did under Truman's and Eisenhower's.......

Did they, or did they not, take place during the entirety of his time in office?

Did FDR ever order the experiments to take place?

Did he ever order them to stop? .

Did he ever even know about them?

You blame FDR for an experiment that started before he came into office, continued while he was in office and after he died- ......

You are eager to give him credit for a war won by American soldiers and generals, but no blame for yet another outrage that took place on his watch. That is called an apologist.

FDR was the actual commander in chief and was directly involved with both the industrial expansion of our military industrial capacity and deciding the strategy of our overall war campaign.

As opposed to a horrible experiment he never heard of that started before him and continued after him.

Those kinds of claims just show what nutjobs you anti-FDR's are.

Japanese in Japan hide their shameful and animalistic history during WWII from their children. Do Japanese Americans do the same? Do Japanese Americans know how truly horrible and sadistic the WWII Japanese generation of Japan
was?

Why would they? Japanese Americans in World War 2 fought honorably and with distinction for the United States.
I specifically focused on the Japanese generation of Japan. The question is, do Japanese Americans teach their children about how horrible the Japanese of Japan were during WWII.

Japanese Americans are taught the same history that every other AMERICAN is taught in school, moron.
Japanese in Japan are not. ...

Have you ever set foot in a school in Japan? Ever talk to a History teacher in Japan?

So you believe that the Germans and the Japanese controlled the United States government......

I never said that.

LOL- yeah according to the rabid FDR haters like you.

What did the United States do in World War 2 that ended the Great Depression?

Massive government spending and massive government employment.

And who led all of that?
The Germans and the Japanese.

You said that- you said that the Germans and the Japanese led the government spending by the United States in World War 2.

You will say anything to deny FDR's accomplishments.

Are you really not following this? Did the military expand and impose a draft in the 1940s just for fun?

Are you saying that the military did not expand and that the draft was not proposed under FDR's administration?

Are you saying that would not have happened during wartime if someone else were President?

We don't know what would have happened if anyone else was President.

We do know that FDR did actually lead the country from the depths of the Depression to full employment- from being attacked to the surety of victory.

... I did not ask about what Japanese Americans were taught in school. I asked what they were taught, meaning to include what they might be taught by their parents.....

Japanese Americans take History class like everyone else.

I never said that.

And who led all of that?

You said that- you said that the Germans and the Japanese led the government spending by the United States in World War 2.

Are you really not following this? Did the military expand and impose a draft in the 1940s just for fun?

Are you saying that the military did not expand and that the draft was not proposed under FDR's administration?

Are you saying that would not have happened during wartime if someone else were President?

We don't know what would have happened if anyone else was President......

Bullshit. Do you really think ANYONE else would not have expanded military spending and instituted a draft while we were at war with Germany and Japan? Now YOU are being as irrational as you are trying to accuse others of being.

Japanese in Japan hide their shameful and animalistic history during WWII from their children. Do Japanese Americans do the same? Do Japanese Americans know how truly horrible and sadistic the WWII Japanese generation of Japan
was?

Why would they? Japanese Americans in World War 2 fought honorably and with distinction for the United States.
I specifically focused on the Japanese generation of Japan. The question is, do Japanese Americans teach their children about how horrible the Japanese of Japan were during WWII.

Japanese Americans are taught the same history that every other AMERICAN is taught in school, moron.
Japanese in Japan are not.8

And that has nothing to do with Japanese Americans.

No more than what English are taught in England affects what I teach my kids.

We do know that FDR did actually lead the country from the depths of the Depression to full employment- from being attacked to the surety of victory.

No, we don't. All we know regarding his policies is that they prolonged the depression. The circumstances of the war - circumstances that any potted plant occupying the office of President would have had no choice but to address - brought about the end of the depression.

And who led all of that?

Bullshit. Do you really think ANYONE else would not have expanded military spending and instituted a draft while we were at war with Germany and Japan? Now YOU are being as irrational as you are trying to accuse others of being.

Anyone else might not have been resulted in the United States being at war with Germany and Japan.

And anyone else might not have acted like FDR when war did happen.

You want to blame FDR for both his real faults(Japanese detention camps) and his imagined faults(Tuskegee)- and want to ignore his actual successes.

No, we don't. All we know regarding his policies is that they prolonged the depression. The circumstances of the war - circumstances that any potted plant occupying the office of President would have had no choice but to address - brought about the end of the depression.

Oh actually we do know this for certain.

FDR took office- unemployment was about 30%
FDR died- unemployment was virtually zero.

United States attacked by foreign enemies while he was in office- and by the time of his death victory by the United States was assured.

We know those happened under FDR's administration- just as we know that he ordered the detention of Americans of Japanese descent.

Anyone else might not have been resulted in the United States being at war with Germany and Japan.

And anyone else might not have acted like FDR when war did happen.

You want to blame FDR for both his real faults(Japanese detention camps) and his imagined faults(Tuskegee)- and want to ignore his actual successes.

You think the Tuskegee experiments were imaginary?

was?

Have you ever set foot in a school in Japan? Ever talk to a History teacher in Japan?
No, I rely on the news reports, including the one I provided from the Japanese school teacher.

Fact remains FDR left our military unprepared for a war that was obviously coming.
And except for a lot of lucky breaks, would have lost both the Pacific and European Theaters.

Actually, we were remarkably well prepared, considering the isolationist stance of the United States. War just came about 1 year too early.

The United States had already started the draft, had one of the largest navies in the World, and most of the aircraft and equipment we fought with in WW2 had either been put into production(the B-17) or had been designed and would be in production(P-51).

FDR dragged the United States rather unwillingly into preparing for WW2 at a time when the country was firmly isolationist.

There is no chance we would have lost in the Pacific- even if we had lost our carriers at Pearl or at Midway, our building program was already churning out ships and planes that the Japanese could not hope to keep up with.

And by 1945 we would have had the atomic bomb.

We didn't succeed because of lucky breaks- we won some key battles with some lucky breaks- but the war we won because of our troops and our industrial war production- led by FDR.
In 1940 the entire US military consisted of 450,000 men. By 1945 it was at the required 12 million man level required to defeat the enemy.

In the first week of the war Japan had sunk every Allied capital ship in the Pacific by air.

In the first week of the war the entire US Army Air Corp in the Philippines lay in smoldering ruins.

Hardly what I call prepared for war.

And yes, America would have negotiated a treaty with Japan had we lost at Midway.

No, I rely on the news reports, including the one I provided from the Japanese school teacher.

Try finding out what you are talking about first.

FDR died- unemployment was virtually zero......

Because we were at war, not because of his irresponsible economic policies.
You simply do not understand what all that was happening in that era and how FDR was making a dramatic change to American economics and culture. He was transitioning the economy from one of trickle down to one of trickle up. The New Deal policies and programs did not focus on the investor class and industry to trickle down benefits to the masses. Instead, they focused on programs for the masses and the theory that when the masses did well, the wealth would trickle up to benefit industry and business.
You guys also always forget to include the Dust Bowl Storms during that era. FDR had to deal with those catastrophic events that wreaked havoc on the economy during the entire decade of the '30's.

Try finding out what you are talking about first.
Does it require me going to Japan? Did you find something in the link I provided that you disagreed with?

FDR died- unemployment was virtually zero......

Because we were at war, not because of his irresponsible economic policies.
You simply do not understand what all that was happening in that era and ......

Stop. Shut up. There is nothing terribly difficult to "understand." Insistence does nothing to support your apologist position.

Forum List

Back