Online teaching project helps Syrians make a living

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This is a great idea, and hopefully it can be expanded so more people can take advantage.

Online teaching project helps Syrians make a living

Reporter: Quan Chenchen 丨 CCTV.com

In Lebanon, a local NGO has established an online teaching program offering jobs for well-educated Syrian refugees to teach Arabic to people around the globe.

25-year-old Ruth fled her country Syria in 2012, and now lives in the Lebanese city of Tripoli with her husband. She is now an Arabic teacher, offering online courses to students across the world.

"It's a good job. Because I have the full flexibility to choose the time and the day that I want to be available and also the student has the full flexibility. And I am working at my house without going outside," Syrian refugee Ruth said.

Continue reading at:

Online teaching project helps Syrians make a living - CCTV News - CCTV.com English

Since online course are not as plentiful as the US, I'm sure there are many things from tutoring to college course they can both teach and learn from.
Editing and translation of documents is also a possibility. Helping students from syria to learn another language or improve their skills. Maybe video/facetime classes for student in the camps or refugees so they don't fall behind. Even learning/teaching new skills for future green energy tech not just in a future syria but even around the third world. They can set up online businesses of art and traditional crafts. Even moral support and sharing news with refugees in the west so they feel closer to home.

There has to be a way to dissuade teens and young adults that might be tempted to groups like ISIS and teach them the errors of even thinking of such a life. Maybe they need to learn more of the other side of islam and ways to build a positive life where they are instead of jihad and martyrdom. Be a mentor to those kids who can't find a balance between a modern life and their faith. Tell them of the harm they will be doing to other good muslims with loving families. Teach of the destruction and economic disaster of war and hate.

Forum List

Back