Open invite to Dems to make their final arugument for electors to defy their constiuents

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
I am opening this thread for our Progressive posters to make their complete and final appeal to the electors of the Trump winning precincts to defy their constituents and not vote for Trump.

Very specifically, why should the tell their constituents to fuck off and vote for whomever they desire?

Is the same encouragement given to those electors for precincts that Hillary won?

Last edited:
Make your argument to electors as to why they should defy the will of the people and cast their vote for someone other than who their constiuency voter for.

Release his tax returns. But he won't because they will show that he owes the Bank of China a whole lot of money. Fucking fraud.

I am opening this thread for out Progressive posters to make their complete and final appeal to the electors of the Trump winning precincts to defy their constituents and not vote for Trump.

Very specifically, why should the tell they constituents to fuck off and vote for whomever they desire?

Is the same encouragement given to those electors for precincts that Hillary won?

Because the president should be elected based on people - not acreage. Hillary has received approximately 2.8 millions more votes than Trump.

Release his tax returns. But he won't because they will show that he owes the Bank of China a whole lot of money. Fucking fraud.

At this point what difference does it make?

Silly far left drone!

At this point he still owes them millions, and he's going to make a deal with them to reduce his debt, you stupid fucking twit.

Yes we know the far left religious scriptures tell you to say things not connected to reality!

I am opening this thread for out Progressive posters to make their complete and final appeal to the electors of the Trump winning precincts to defy their constituents and not vote for Trump.

Very specifically, why should the tell they constituents to fuck off and vote for whomever they desire?

Because the president should be elected based on people - not acreage. Hillary has received approximately 2.8 millions more votes than Trump.

Cool. So you agree that Congress is unnecessary.

Popular vote for every issue. We can have votes every Tuesday.

Obamacare wouldn't not have passed, but that doesn't matter.

You are a liberal who has scheduled a meeting with an electoral college voter in your state. Your state voted for Trump in the general election, but you are trying to convince them to NOT vote for Trump.

Make your complete argument. Why should they not vote the will of their constituents?

What the hell does Congress have to do with electing a president based on popular votes?

What the hell does Congress have to do with electing a president based on popular votes?

Once again the far left drones show they do not understand the Constitution.

Make your argument to electors as to why they should defy the will of the people and cast their vote for someone other than who their constiuency voter for.

I'm not a Dem and certainly not old enough to be a Progressive but I'll chime in. The EC was intended by its designers to be a deliberative body --- not a rubber stamp. The idea of a robotic automatic echoing of a popular vote, or of anything, would have been abhorrent to the Founders who fashioned it. Hamilton specifically cited its role as a filter to stop the advance of an electee who has ties to a foreign government, and noted that the masses could be hoodwinked by a con artist --------- both of which sound prescient now. Madison tried to amend the Constitution to prohibit the "winner take all" system ---- even though it would weaken his state.

As I endlessly point out as the unanswerable rhetorical question ---- if Electors are supposed to do nothing more than cast a vote for their statewide winner, then what do we need human intervention for? That's a simple matter of math. So either the Electoral College is there to exercise its own judgment OR there's no reason for the EC to exist. You can't have both.

Congress is representative. We elect members of Congress to represent our municipatily in Federal issues. We do not have a popular vote on every bill, members of Congress vote on behalf of their constituents.

The electoral college in Presidential elections is based on the same theory, so if you want the popular vote to determine POTUS, it only stands to reason you want the popular vote to determine every federal issue that Congress currently votes on.

I'm not a Dem and certainly not old enough to be a Progressive but I'll chime in. The EC was intended by its designers to be a deliberative body --- not a rubber stamp. The idea of a robotic automatic echoing of a popular vote, or of anything, would have been abhorrent to the Founders who fashioned it. Hamilton specifically cited its role as a filter to stop the advance of an electee who has ties to a foreign government, and noted that the masses could be hoodwinked by a con artist --------- both of which sound prescient now. Madison tried to amend the Constitution to prohibit the "winner take all" system ---- even though it would weaken his state.

As I endlessly point out as the unanswerable rhetorical question ---- if Electors are supposed to do nothing more than cast a vote for their statewide winner, then what do we need human intervention for? That's a simple matter of math. So either the Electoral College is there to exercise its own judgment OR there's no reason for the EC to exist. You can't have both.

Yes you are a far left drone!

Next you will be claiming that Obama is a moderate!

No progressive or lefty or liberal has been able to indict the EC with any presumption that the electoral process was violated.

Congress is representative. We elect members of Congress to represent our municipatily in Federal issues. We do not have a popular vote on every bill, members of Congress vote on behalf of their constituents.

The electoral college in Presidential elections is based on the same theory, so if you want the popular vote to determine POTUS, it only stands to reason you want the popular vote to determine every federal issue that Congress currently votes on.

Funny. Well, sparky, what the hell does Congress have to do with electoral votes? Congress only comes into play if no one receives the required 270. The electoral college is as outdated as the 2nd Amendment.

Forum List

Back