Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race

Sounds like a stock politician on most of his issue pages, so I see nothing to get excited about.

Carl DeMaio for Congress

if he actually does what he claims, then he will be different. probably unlikely, but it could happen.

Other than making laws apply equally to Congress and the public, which will go nowhere, I don't see anything remotely interesting. He says he wants to balance the budget and address the debt, but how? What's he going to cut? Oh, he'll "reduce waste" and make agencies do "more with less." Uh huh.

where is your evidence his own party will shred him?

me thinks you're just two ignorant pods of liberalism

Its in your mirror

:confused:

didn't think you could back up your claim you mud pile

1. “If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” ~ Michele Bachmann (New Civil Rights Movement)

2. “It isn’t that some gay will get some rights. It’s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.” ~ Michele Bachmann (New Civil Rights Movement)

3. “If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. ” ~ Rick Santorum. (New Civil Rights Movement)

4.“”If we cannot have moral feelings against homosexuality, can we have it against murder? Can we have it against other things? I don’t apologize for the things I raise. … I’m surprised you aren’t persuaded.” ~ Supreme Court Justice Scalia during Princeton University Appearance — 2012 (ABC News)

5. “Every society in the history of man has upheld the institution of marriage as a bond between a man and a woman. Why? Because society is based on one thing: that society is based on the future of the society. And that’s what? Children. Monogamous relationships. In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That’s not to pick on homosexuality. It’s not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality.” ~ Rick Santorum. (New Civil Rights Movement)

6. “I‘m not ashamed to admit that I’m a Christian, but you don’t need to be in the pew in the country every Sunday to know that there’s something wrong with this country when gays can openly serve in the military but our kids can;t openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.” ~ Texas Governor Rick Perry (HuffPo)

7. “This decision is one that is profound because the Supreme Court not only attacked our Constitution today, they not only attacked the equal protection rights of every citizen under our Constitution, they attacked something that they have no jurisdiction over whatsoever, the foundational unit of our society, which is marriage,” Bachmann said in response to the Supreme Court striking DOMA down.(Huff Po)

8. ““You are losing freedom in this country,” Rick Santorum warned in response to the Supreme Court striking DOMA down. “Hopefully Americans are going to wake up and see that this concentration of power in Washington is damaging to them and their freedom.” (RightWingWatch)

9. “There are many remarkable things about the majority’s merits holding. The first is how rootless and shifting its justifications are,” opined a sassy, finger-snapping Scalia in his DOMA dissent. Adding that Justice Kennedy’s opinion was“ scatter-shot rationales” and “legalistic argle-bargle.” (NYMag) Although technically not versed in mid 20th century angry white guy colloquialisms , I imagine ‘argle-bargle’ is some sort of Paula Dean thing.

10. “My thoughts on the SCOTUS ruling that determined that same sex marriage is okay: ‘Jesus wept.’ 5 people in robes said they are bigger than the voters of California and Congress combined. And bigger than God. May He forgive us all.” said Mike Huckabee in a freaking Facebook post no less. (The Inquisitr)

Top Ten Most Ridiculous Republican Anti-Gay Comments, Including Justice Scalia (DOMA Updated) -

Need more?

I hope he has the stomach for what the right is about to put him through

ROFL

"The right" in the form of DNC demagogues and the filthy pukes at MSDNC. The little Goebbels of the left will attack with all the hatred that we always see from you.

Its in your mirror

1. “If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” ~ Michele Bachmann (New Civil Rights Movement)

2. “It isn’t that some gay will get some rights. It’s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.” ~ Michele Bachmann (New Civil Rights Movement)

3. “If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. ” ~ Rick Santorum. (New Civil Rights Movement)

4.“”If we cannot have moral feelings against homosexuality, can we have it against murder? Can we have it against other things? I don’t apologize for the things I raise. … I’m surprised you aren’t persuaded.” ~ Supreme Court Justice Scalia during Princeton University Appearance — 2012 (ABC News)

5. “Every society in the history of man has upheld the institution of marriage as a bond between a man and a woman. Why? Because society is based on one thing: that society is based on the future of the society. And that’s what? Children. Monogamous relationships. In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That’s not to pick on homosexuality. It’s not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality.” ~ Rick Santorum. (New Civil Rights Movement)

6. “I‘m not ashamed to admit that I’m a Christian, but you don’t need to be in the pew in the country every Sunday to know that there’s something wrong with this country when gays can openly serve in the military but our kids can;t openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.” ~ Texas Governor Rick Perry (HuffPo)

7. “This decision is one that is profound because the Supreme Court not only attacked our Constitution today, they not only attacked the equal protection rights of every citizen under our Constitution, they attacked something that they have no jurisdiction over whatsoever, the foundational unit of our society, which is marriage,” Bachmann said in response to the Supreme Court striking DOMA down.(Huff Po)

8. ““You are losing freedom in this country,” Rick Santorum warned in response to the Supreme Court striking DOMA down. “Hopefully Americans are going to wake up and see that this concentration of power in Washington is damaging to them and their freedom.” (RightWingWatch)

9. “There are many remarkable things about the majority’s merits holding. The first is how rootless and shifting its justifications are,” opined a sassy, finger-snapping Scalia in his DOMA dissent. Adding that Justice Kennedy’s opinion was“ scatter-shot rationales” and “legalistic argle-bargle.” (NYMag) Although technically not versed in mid 20th century angry white guy colloquialisms , I imagine ‘argle-bargle’ is some sort of Paula Dean thing.

10. “My thoughts on the SCOTUS ruling that determined that same sex marriage is okay: ‘Jesus wept.’ 5 people in robes said they are bigger than the voters of California and Congress combined. And bigger than God. May He forgive us all.” said Mike Huckabee in a freaking Facebook post no less. (The Inquisitr)

Top Ten Most Ridiculous Republican Anti-Gay Comments, Including Justice Scalia (DOMA Updated) -

Need more?

odd....none of those comments are about this individual.

if you can find comments about this guy, then you have a point.

Obamacare doesn't "exempt" lawmakers from any rules,

It just makes it so lawmakers don't have to follow the rules that peasants follow,

in fact it specifically makes "rules" for them that don't effect anyone else.

Care to try again?

Rules like 100% taxpayer funded healthcare for life that exceeds even the most extravagant package availible to the peasants.

The poor darlings. Our rulers have it rough...

...focuses on ending what he calls the nauseating practice of passing bills that exempt lawmakers from the rules they've created.

That's his "focus"?

How many laws do you guys think exist that Congress has exempt themselves from?

About 30% or so.

I was going to say look at the comments in the source article to see what cons have to say about him but, oh whoops, looks like comments have been disabled for that article :confused::confused::confused:

I wonder why? :dunno:

Republicans will love this guy....as long as he doesn't want to marry his boyfriend.

Need more?

Its actually worse. Its about all homosexuals.

You might think moving the goal posts make you look intelligent but its not my party that hates gays so much. So this guy will be shredded like I said and all you have is feet stamping and "Nuhh uhhh"

I was going to say look at the comments in the source article to see what cons have to say about him but, oh whoops, looks like comments have been disabled for that article :confused::confused::confused:

I wonder why? :dunno:

that is interesting....i'm curious what USMB republicans think of this guy

Forum List

Back