OPIC

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
OPIC.gif

OPIC is a private company whose leadership is appointed by the US government. It pays for its self, and even into the US debt.

Just curious about what liberals and conservatives think of these privatized corporations owned by the state. It is kind of like the state capitalism over in Russia, except in Russia the corporate leaders actually sit in on the government.

OPIC.gif

OPIC is a private company whose leadership is appointed by the US government. It pays for its self, and even into the US debt.

Just curious about what liberals and conservatives think of these privatized corporations owned by the state. It is kind of like the state capitalism over in Russia, except in Russia the corporate leaders actually sit in on the government.

I did consulting for them in the nineties. I'll elaborate on that shortly

OPIC.gif

The Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), the U.S. Government's development finance institution, mobilizes private capital to help solve critical development challenges and in doing so, advances U.S. foreign policy. Because OPIC works with the U.S. private sector, it helps U.S. businesses gain footholds in emerging markets, catalyzing revenues, jobs and growth opportunities both at home and abroad. OPIC achieves its mission by providing investors with financing, political risk insurance, and support for private equity funds.

OPIC : Overseas Private Investment Corporation |

So it's not a private company, it's a government agency that works with private companies on certain projects and changes them for certain services.

So it's not a private company, it's a government agency that works with private companies on certain projects and changes them for certain services.

Yes, I agree.

They are self-declared as being an "independent" government agency, which is not true as long as their leadership is tied into the US government.

I learned about OPIC probably close to 6-8 years ago. The main reason I find them interesting is because they follow a corporate structure, but are self paid for. It is an economy booster and a social service that does not cost the taxpayer a dime.

Forum List

Back