Opinion: Twitter can't afford to ban Trump and it's (probably) driving them nuts

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
I believe Twitter has been steadily losing traffic over the past few years. I know they have a stance of banning people for disparaging remarks. You'd think they'd ban Trump over things he says. Some of the stuff he says probably could be counted as violating their terms of service, however, I don't think they want to ruffle that bee's nest. They'd be banning the presidential nominee for one of the main parties in the country. It'd cause a lot of unwanted attention, fuels the 'conservatives are censored on social media' argument, fuels Trump's support. I don't think they can afford to ban Trump. I also think this realization is driving them nuts

More likely it's driving them to the bank.
That's a good point. His tweeting brings them a lot retweets and attention. Those selfish bastards. Letting flaming go on, unbanned, just for traffic (money)

I believe Twitter has been steadily losing traffic over the past few years. I know they have a stance of banning people for disparaging remarks. You'd think they'd ban Trump over things he says. Some of the stuff he says probably could be counted as violating their terms of service, however, I don't think they want to ruffle that bee's nest. They'd be banning the presidential nominee for one of the main parties in the country. It'd cause a lot of unwanted attention, fuels the 'conservatives are censored on social media' argument, fuels Trump's support. I don't think they can afford to ban Trump. I also think this realization is driving them nuts
Didn't age well.

Forum List

Back