CDZ Opinions on worldwide anti-smoking laws..?

So you cant smoke a fag because it causes cancer but you can smoke dope, which is supposed to be medical, but is as cancerous as the fag.

where does it say cigarettes are going to be banned?

and I don't know too many places even where weed is legal that you can light a joint up in a bar

where does it say cigarettes are going to be banned?

and I don't know too many places even where weed is legal that you can light a joint up in a bar
Oh it is coming.

There are about a 1000 was to use pot that do not involve smoking it
And?

Not only is the most common way of using it by inhaling the product but virtually no one calling to ban cigarettes or legalizing pot is calling for it pot to only be in a form that is not inhaled.

Your point is moot without that reality. I can say the same thing about nicotine as well, there are just as many ways to imbibe it as pot but the conversation is always around smoking it and smoking pot is universally ignored.

It is a rather indicative of cognitive dissonance that one can support pot yet also support measures getting rid of cigarettes.

Anti-smoking laws in my country (The Netherlands) are going to reach new and incredibly high heights, resulting in my opinion the demonization and economic (slow) strangulation of all smokers who want to remain smokers.

What do people here think of this?
The government isn't there to tell us how to live.

Maybe an example of the laws would be a good idea.

Aside from that if people want to smoke that's their business

If someone wants to drink away their life, eat themselves into poor health, gamble themselves into poverty and so on we don't care. Why not let people smoke?

I can understand not being able to smoke in medical facilities, government buildings, airplanes, busses and so on. That's fine.

But even employers should be allowed to determine their own smoking policies. If customers don't like it they don't have to go there, if employees don't like it they can find another job. If a job is too hot or dangerous an employer isn't required to make changes as the person can just work in a office instead of roofing houses in July.

People have every right to smoke if they want. It's their choice.

If someone wants to drink away their life, eat themselves into poor health, gamble themselves into poverty and so on we don't care. Why not let people smoke?

I can understand not being able to smoke in medical facilities, government buildings, airplanes, busses and so on. That's fine.

But even employers should be allowed to determine their own smoking policies. If customers don't like it they don't have to go there, if employees don't like it they can find another job. If a job is too hot or dangerous an employer isn't required to make changes as the person can just work in a office instead of roofing houses in July.

I agree. If people want to smoke, drink do drugs it's their right to do so as long as while doing so they do not endanger the health, safety and well being of others.

Get used to it. America went through this two decades ago, and now that we ALL know that you can get cancer from looking at a picture of a cigarette, we're all marching in tight lockstep.
Paranoid much?

Black lungs are so attractive

Because MY eating does not affect you

Unless I’m stealing from your refrigerator

I can smell your nasty cigarettes on your clothes
Your breath

It’s disgusting

Because MY eating does not affect you

Unless I’m stealing from your refrigerator

I can smell your nasty cigarettes on your clothes
Your breath

It’s disgusting

The smell of another person's clothes or breath is not a health hazard to you. XXXXX-edited-meister

Last edited by a moderator:
Anti-smoking laws in my country (The Netherlands) are going to reach new and incredibly high heights, resulting in my opinion the demonization and economic (slow) strangulation of all smokers who want to remain smokers.

What do people here think of this?
Well, I have never smoked in my life. I feel those who wish to smoke should do so, but not in the same room/car as none smokers.

Forum List

Back