oprah is sorry she lied.

EDIT

Oprah Winfrey says she is 'sorry' a media frenzy emerged after saying she experienced racism during a trip to Switzerland.

'I think that incident in Switzerland was just an incident in Switzerland. I'm really sorry that it got blown up.

'I purposefully did not mention the name of the store. I'm sorry that I said it was Switzerland,' Winfrey said

'I'm in a store and the person doesn't obviously know that I carry the black card and so they make an assessment based upon the way I look and who I am,' said Winfrey, who earned $77 million in the year ending in June, according to Forbes magazine.

'I didn't have anything that said "I have money": I wasn't wearing a diamond stud. I didn't have a pocketbook. I didn't wear Louboutin shoes. I didn't have anything,' said Winfrey on the red carpet.

This was AFTER the store out and out called her a liar.

Oprah racism claims 'absolutely untrue' and a 'horror,' says Swiss shop clerk - TODAY.com

Oprah Winfrey's disturbing story from last Friday about being told by a Swiss store's shop assistant that a handbag she wanted to look at was something she could not afford, is being called "untrue" by the sales clerk in question.

The sales clerk, whose name was only given as "Adriana N." told the Swiss newspaper SonntagsBlick that Winfrey's story "absolutely untrue."

"I even asked her if she wanted to take a closer look at the bag. Mrs. (sic) Winfrey looked around in the store again, but did not say anything further," Adriana told the paper. "Then she went downstairs with her companion. My colleague held the door open for them. They were not even five minutes in our store."

What a coincidence that Oprah has a new movie coming out now too.
Im sure the extra publicity does not hurt.

Last edited:
Oprah sat in the same Black Separatist Church as Obama for decades.. Black Liberation Theology is racist at it's very heart, thru and thru.. I'm not surprised at all. I never watched her, never liked her.. She's a fat big mouth who made billions off of bored housewives.
Yes, I've met some of her disciples in business. They're thugs to put it mildly. And they're not black, for the person thinking of calling me a racist.

Oprah sat in the same Black Separatist Church as Obama for decades.. Black Liberation Theology is racist at it's very heart, thru and thru.. I'm not surprised at all. I never watched her, never liked her.. She's a fat big mouth who made billions off of bored housewives.
Yes, I've met some of her disciples in business. They're thugs to put it mildly. And they're not black, for the person thinking of calling me a racist.

lol--I imagine Whoopi Goldberg would have been able to communicate effectively enough to purchase the handbag.

That sounded so pitiful--the whole conversation.

Who gives a shit what oprah says or thinks? She ain't nothing.

Except that the woman did SUBSTANTIAL damage to the beef industry by allowing unsubstiated claims about Mad Cow Disease to be made by people on her show.

So, yeah, we should ignore her, or at least take what she says with a grain of salt...but she has a lot of influence because she is on Television.

yea well just wait till the View's Jenny McCarthy goes off on her anti-vaccine rants....

Any outlet that stocks such valuable merchandise will have an insurance plan that stipulates that the whole shop floor, all entrances and sales area are covered by CCTV. Unless there was a technical glitch that day, which is highly unlikely, there's an almost 100% certainty that surveillance footage exists which will corroborate the shop assistant's version of events.

I suspect it was an innocent misunderstanding, but who knows?

I do wonder how good Oprah's German is...probably not good enough to avoid misunderstandings.

To be fair to Oprah - she never named the shop.

I would be more inclined to be fair to the bitch if this was the first time she ever had a misunderstanding that she claimed was based on race before.

Any outlet that stocks such valuable merchandise will have an insurance plan that stipulates that the whole shop floor, all entrances and sales area are covered by CCTV. Unless there was a technical glitch that day, which is highly unlikely, there's an almost 100% certainty that surveillance footage exists which will corroborate the shop assistant's version of events.

That would be cool. I'd like to see that footage.

Who gives a shit what oprah says or thinks? She ain't nothing.

Except that the woman did SUBSTANTIAL damage to the beef industry by allowing unsubstiated claims about Mad Cow Disease to be made by people on her show.

So, yeah, we should ignore her, or at least take what she says with a grain of salt...but she has a lot of influence because she is on Television.

yea well just wait till the View's Jenny McCarthy goes off on her anti-vaccine rants....

Frightening how many children died because their parents listen to celebritards...

Frightening how many children died because their parents listen to celebritards...

Exactly how many children died because they listened to Jenny McCarthy and didn't get their kids vaccinated? Do you have a source on that?

I don't think that Winfrey lied about what occurred, but I don't agree with her analysis. Why she thought it was all about race is beyond me. She probably wasn't wearing the diamonds and such that the people that can afford those purses usually do.

Winfrey like so many other blacks think any slight is due to their race is just plain hypersensitive or somewhat racist themselves. As much as we may like her, we have to be objective, and claim that just may be the case.

poor Oprah

the victim :eusa_boohoo:

All you have to do is look at the line up for her channel to know she sees people as victims. She sees herself as one, and is very unhappy as a result and is always looking in the wrong places, trying to rid herself of her own ghosts. Not until she accepts responsibility for her own unhappiness and quit blaming others will she ever be happy.

Forum List

Back