Or as Trump might put it A Hoax

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
Last August, President Trump went to Charleston, W.Va., for a “mission accomplished” moment.
He had already boasted to his Fox News fan base that “I’ve turned West Virginia around, because [of] what I’ve done environmentally with coal.” In Charleston, he said that “we are putting our great coal miners back to work” by ending what he had dubbed the Obama administration’s “war on coal” and that, under his leadership, West Virginia had “on a per capita basis one of the most successful GDP states in our union.”
“The coal industry is back,” Trump declared.
Alas, it was an illusion — or, as Trump might put it, a hoax.
Last week, the Commerce Department reported that during the third quarter of 2018 — the period during which Trump took his Charleston victory lap — West Virginia’s gross domestic product grew exactly 0.0 percent. As in, zilch. As in, the worst in the nation.
==========================================
Trump promised to shrink the trade deficit. Instead, it exploded.
The Commerce Department said Wednesday that — despite more than two years of President Trump’s “America First” policies — the United States last year posted a $891.2 billion merchandise trade deficit, the largest in the nation’s 243-year history.
A broader measure of the nation’s trade performance, which includes the services sector, showed a $621 billion deficit. That reflected a deterioration of more than $100 billion from the figure Trump inherited from president Barack Obama.

Economists say the trade deficit is swelling because of broad economic forces, including a chronic shortfall in national savings that was exacerbated by last year’s $1.5 trillion corporate and personal income tax cut. As cash-flush businesses and consumers increased their spending, purchases of imported goods rose while the overvalued dollar weighed on exports.
==================
A couple of excerpts from the Washington Post about actual policy for a change...:)>)

And Trump lies right into republicans faces and they say "can I have another "

Tariffs take time to level the playing field. International trade has been skewed against the US roughly since W. took office, it will take time to get better, but it will get better.

Tariffs take time to level the playing field. International trade has been skewed against the US roughly since W. took office, it will take time to get better, but it will get better.
How about "putting our great coal miners back to work"? So they can die before their time with lung disease ?? Yes sir Marion You sure picked a winner to defend

Tariffs don't level playing fields unless applied to specific products that are sold under cost. Trump's claim is that his tariffs will force China to fair trade. We'll see. Meanwhile he's artificially inflated the cost of goods from our trading partners who just happen to make a profit making shit cheaper than we can make. Which again has tariffs not tied to free trade.

This is GREAT news for coal country, West Virginia, and Making Coal Great Again!!!

Last August, President Trump went to Charleston, W.Va., for a “mission accomplished” moment.
He had already boasted to his Fox News fan base that “I’ve turned West Virginia around, because [of] what I’ve done environmentally with coal.” In Charleston, he said that “we are putting our great coal miners back to work” by ending what he had dubbed the Obama administration’s “war on coal” and that, under his leadership, West Virginia had “on a per capita basis one of the most successful GDP states in our union.”
“The coal industry is back,” Trump declared.
Alas, it was an illusion — or, as Trump might put it, a hoax.
Last week, the Commerce Department reported that during the third quarter of 2018 — the period during which Trump took his Charleston victory lap — West Virginia’s gross domestic product grew exactly 0.0 percent. As in, zilch. As in, the worst in the nation.
==========================================
Trump promised to shrink the trade deficit. Instead, it exploded.
The Commerce Department said Wednesday that — despite more than two years of President Trump’s “America First” policies — the United States last year posted a $891.2 billion merchandise trade deficit, the largest in the nation’s 243-year history.
A broader measure of the nation’s trade performance, which includes the services sector, showed a $621 billion deficit. That reflected a deterioration of more than $100 billion from the figure Trump inherited from president Barack Obama.

Economists say the trade deficit is swelling because of broad economic forces, including a chronic shortfall in national savings that was exacerbated by last year’s $1.5 trillion corporate and personal income tax cut. As cash-flush businesses and consumers increased their spending, purchases of imported goods rose while the overvalued dollar weighed on exports.
==================
A couple of excerpts from the Washington Post about actual policy for a change...:)>)

A number of fair points.

Question. Why is the dollar overvalued?

based upon what do you think it will get "better"?

More American domestic use, lower electric bills, more American exports.

A more plentiful supply of coal means power bills should drop some.

Who lied to you and said US coal production was up?

upload_2019-3-6_15-37-30.png

View attachment 249019
Bet I know ,,,,and sure you do too

View attachment 249019

But I guess it works out as we are using less also...

upload_2019-3-6_15-43-27.png

View attachment 249019

View attachment 249020

Less illegals around, burning electricity. :)

View attachment 249019

View attachment 249020

Less illegals around, burning electricity. :)

I thought we had more and that is why it was a National Emergency.

I wish you people would make up your damn minds

Except more and more coal fired powerhouses are being decommissioned or retrofitted to become natural gas burning plants. Why you ask because natural gas is extremely plentiful now and cheaper to "mine". Coal is on the way out, and has been since fracing became cheaper!

MAGA!

Forum List

Back