Orange wine - Have you tried it ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

I had never wven heard of it before this article. Im not in to sweet wines at all but I suspect this might be more of a sipper rather than something that glues your lips together.
Have you tried it ?

I had never wven heard of it before this article. Im not in to sweet wines at all but I suspect this might be more of a sipper rather than something that glues your lips together.
Have you tried it ?
1716835828247.png

Its been around here in Florida USA for years. Alot of folks like the tourist seem to like it a lot. We have grape orchrds here it is still sort of a small industry here.
Orange wine, also known as skin-contact white wine, skin-fermented white wine, or amber wine,[1] is a type of wine made from white wine grapes where the grape skins are not removed, as in typical white wine production, and stay in contact with the juice for days or even months.[2] This contrasts with conventional white wine production, which involves crushing the grapes and quickly moving the juice off the skins into the fermentation vessel. The skins contain color pigment, phenols and tannins that would normally be considered undesirable for white wines, while for red wines skin contact and maceration is a vital part of the winemaking process that gives red wine its color, flavor, and texture.[3]

The International Organisation of Vine and Wine describes orange/amber wine as "White wine with maceration" and prescribes the minimum duration of the maceration phase to be 1 month.

Last edited:

Have you tried it ?
Have you ever watched bottle shock the movie?... if not you may enjoy it...

Its been around here in Florida USA for years. Alot of folks like the tourist seem to like it a lot. We have grape orchrds here it is still sort of a small industry here.
Orange wine, also known as skin-contact white wine, skin-fermented white wine, or amber wine,[1] is a type of wine made from white wine grapes where the grape skins are not removed, as in typical white wine production, and stay in contact with the juice for days or even months.[2] This contrasts with conventional white wine production, which involves crushing the grapes and quickly moving the juice off the skins into the fermentation vessel. The skins contain color pigment, phenols and tannins that would normally be considered undesirable for white wines, while for red wines skin contact and maceration is a vital part of the winemaking process that gives red wine its color, flavor, and texture.[3]

The International Organisation of Vine and Wine describes orange/amber wine as "White wine with maceration" and prescribes the minimum duration of the maceration phase to be 1 month.

it is very rare!

Forum List

Back