Orca Winfrey's "spiritual" advisor wants taxpayers to fork over $100B for reparations

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Ummmmmm, nooooooooooo.

Oprah’s spiritual adviser Marianne Williamson wants U.S. to pay up $100B In reparations for slavery

Author and political activist Marianne Williamson wants the U.S. to pay up for reparations for enslavement in a huge way.

The New York Times best-selling author formally launched her campaign to run for presidential office in 2020 on Monday. By Jan. 31, she spoke to CNN’s “New Day” about her plans for America, including a call for $100 billion in reparations for the centuries that Black people were enslaved in America.

“This is not symbolic at all,” the Democrat said on the program Thursday. “At the end of the Civil War General Tecumseh Sherman promised every formerly enslaved person 40 acres and a mule. And those 40 acres and a mule would have given a formerly enslaved population an opportunity to integrate into free society.”

However, Black Codes were passed through legislation in southern states that restricted the freedom of Black Americans and ensured they were available to use as a cheap labor force

upload_2019-3-5_16-21-1.jpeg

Since denomination type isn't mentioned... No problem!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Ummmmmm, nooooooooooo.

Oprah’s spiritual adviser Marianne Williamson wants U.S. to pay up $100B In reparations for slavery

Author and political activist Marianne Williamson wants the U.S. to pay up for reparations for enslavement in a huge way.

The New York Times best-selling author formally launched her campaign to run for presidential office in 2020 on Monday. By Jan. 31, she spoke to CNN’s “New Day” about her plans for America, including a call for $100 billion in reparations for the centuries that Black people were enslaved in America.

“This is not symbolic at all,” the Democrat said on the program Thursday. “At the end of the Civil War General Tecumseh Sherman promised every formerly enslaved person 40 acres and a mule. And those 40 acres and a mule would have given a formerly enslaved population an opportunity to integrate into free society.”

However, Black Codes were passed through legislation in southern states that restricted the freedom of Black Americans and ensured they were available to use as a cheap labor force

Reparations - Chappelle Show

I'm rich, biatch!

That will buy a whole lot of dope.

Then it will be gone, but I bet the issue won't be gone.

Ummmmmm, nooooooooooo.

Sales receipt or it didn't happen.

Ummmmmm, nooooooooooo.

OK, I'll agree to giving her reparations. By the power vested in me, I grant Marianne her own personal country. She is free to run it as she likes, under the stipulation that she never sets foot in this country again.

I will even provide her with a free map, so she doesn't accidentally get lost in this country that I bequeath her...

liberia-map.png

Can we stop this nonsense. Reparations for slaves will never happen. For one thing, they are all dead, and isn’t their some sort of statute of limitations. If somebody can prove that one of my long dead relatives every enslaved one of their long dead relatives then I will offer a heart felt apology. That’s all they are getting though.

That is a little over $2.2 million for every African American.
A family of four would get $8.8 million.
But what about the next generation of African Americans?
Would they also get paid?
Would this go on forever?
How would they verify what precentage a person is African American? Obammy is only 1/2 African American.
How would they verify that a person is an actual decendent from slaves? Obammy isn't.
What about people who would try to scam the system by trying to get paid multiple times under fake names?
Would they have to show their ID?
Would it be racist to ask for an ID?

I've never owned slaves, and Oprah has never picked cotton. So, no.

My Great-great Granddaddy did get some colored girl knocked up, which was a common occurrence down the South in those days. But he sent her up to Yankee-Land so the kid could go to school.

Does that mean I'm exempt from having to pay these "reparations"?

No Republicans ever owned slaves. The Democratic party is the party of slavery. And if blacks who want reparations don't demand reparations directly from the DNC coffers, they are nothing but political chumps.

$100 billion in reparations for the centuries that Black people were enslaved in America

Perhaps somebody could break this cost down between Great Britain's share and the USA's debt for its 4 score and 7 years.
Then Trump can get Mexico to pay our share.

That is a little over $2.2 million for every African American.
A family of four would get $8.8 million.
But what about the next generation of African Americans?
Would they also get paid?
Would this go on forever?
How would they verify what precentage a person is African American? Obammy is only 1/2 African American.
How would they verify that a person is an actual decendent from slaves? Obammy isn't.
What about people who would try to scam the system by trying to get paid multiple times under fake names?
Would they have to show their ID?
Would it be racist to ask for an ID?

You might want to recheck your math.

But what about black people in the American South who owned slaves? And the African kingdoms which grew rich trading slaves to Europeans? And the institution of slavery within precolonial Africa? And the Europeans enslaved in Africa? And the Union soldiers who died to free slaves? And the black men who fought for the Confederacy? And the millions of Americans whose ancestors arrived after slavery ended? And the numerous black people who have ancestors who were slave owners? And American white people who have small amounts of African DNA? (Come to think of it all humans originated in Africa.) And why should people suffer for the sins of their ancestors anyway? And haven't whites and Asians suffered because of quotas and the high crime rate among black people?

Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Oprah, Abrams, this Williamson dyke
Are actually all the same person.

Forum List

Back