🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Oregon divided

This looks great to me.
79146523-9c18-4a28-a215-4b5c445e2086-large16x9_Eastern_washington_oregon_idaho.bmp

Look at that map

Who has a bigger tax base, the little sliver on the left or that huge yellow area?
Taxes are a curse and it sounds like those country folk are wanting to let the city folk drown in their "bigger tax base".

What is the average income of those country folk?
Do they understand what the tax base is in a sparsely populated county with no real industry or sources of income?

Now, if you go off by yourself, who pays for schools, roads, hospitals, electrification?
It won't be those city folk

We pay for our schools, roads, hospitals and *electrification* lol.
Just like we USED to do before the fucking commie pigs forced us out of our jobs, seized our ranches, locked down our water sources, shut our mills, and made it illegal to fucking develop our own land or make a living off it.

We'll be fine. You need to get the fuck away from us. Our PROBLEM is you guys. You leave, and all our problems will disappear. Get out of our schools, off our public lands, and away from our property.
No....you don't

If roads, schools, electrification were based on the economic contribution of rural areas......it would never be done

Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Smith says to look at where the power lies.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

Lawmaker to pitch idea to join eastern parts of Oregon, Washington with Idaho
The Enemies of Democracy Have Forced New Demographics

I have a conflict because, if taken without secession, this seem to conflict with majority rule. However, I can go deeper into what has been going on and resolve that dilemma because Environmentalism represents the overwhelming and unrepresentative power of a selfish and exclusivist elite. (Similarly, Whites cannot support majoritarianism if undesirables have been allowed to vote or immigrate and become voters against the will of the original majority).

So there is a contradiction here. Wasn't Oregon united before the 1% took over the laws and even the voters' minds because of its massive brainwashing power?
Yup.

And Oregon was self sufficient before they seized our resources and leveled unconstitutional land use laws against land owners, that made it IMPOSSIBLE for them to support themselves from their land.
Oregon is supported by the Portland, Salem, Eugene corridor

The rest of the state is still shitting in an outhouse without them

I love Idaho!!!
I do too. But I'm sad it doesn't have an ocean.
Yes but they have wonderful places with natural hot springs :beer:, some lovely lakes, rivers and you can do a lot with that natural hot water supply.
Oregon has all that. But libs destroyed it.

You know, to be perfectly honest, even if Oregon was a deep red state, I still would want to get the fuck out of here.
The constant gray and wet just drives me nuts.

Did you see as of late April it had rained 167 straight days in Astoria?

I'm retiring to Australia, and it can't get here soon enough.

Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

I have a conflict because, if taken without secession, this seem to conflict with majority rule. However, I can go deeper into what has been going on and resolve that dilemma because Environmentalism represents the overwhelming and unrepresentative power of a selfish and exclusivist elite. (Similarly, Whites cannot support majoritarianism if undesirables have been allowed to vote or immigrate and become voters against the will of the original majority).

So there is a contradiction here. Wasn't Oregon united before the 1% took over the laws and even the voters' minds because of its massive brainwashing power?
Yup.

And Oregon was self sufficient before they seized our resources and leveled unconstitutional land use laws against land owners, that made it IMPOSSIBLE for them to support themselves from their land.

Yep,

If it wasn't for those 3 cities Oregon would be one of the most backwards states in the unions. We'd be like a third world country...The government haters are just idiots.

Yup.

Yep,

If it wasn't for those 3 cities Oregon would be one of the most backwards states in the unions. We'd be like a third world country...The government haters are just idiots.
The idea of the rest of the state seceding and abandoning their cash cow is idiotic.

I love Idaho!!!
Yes but they have wonderful places with natural hot springs :beer:, some lovely lakes, rivers and you can do a lot with that natural hot water supply.

You know, to be perfectly honest, even if Oregon was a deep red state, I still would want to get the fuck out of here.

I was raised on the coast..I spent years of my life playing in the rain, and I love gray. But I love the East side as well...and Idaho. I spent summers in Parma and Pendleton, and went to high school in Grant county. Australia has too many poisonous toothy critters for me.

The Constitution prohibits breaking up states by county.

This would require some kind of Constitutional amendment to allow a process for rural areas to break away from large urbanized areas.

But they won't turn down that big city money. Losers.

Back country rednecks complain about city folks making policy

But they love it when the revenue generated in cities goes to pay for their roads, electricity, schools, hospitals....none of which would be available if they had to pay for it themselves

But they love it when the revenue generated in cities

Like when City slickers, buy food?

But they won't turn down that big city money. Losers.

Back country rednecks complain about city folks making policy

But they love it when the revenue generated in cities goes to pay for their roads, electricity, schools, hospitals....none of which would be available if they had to pay for it themselves

But they love it when the revenue generated in cities

Like when City slickers, buy food?

The buying and consumption of food is a capitalist process involving open markets

The building of roads, bridges, schools, hospitals using tax dollars is a public expenditure of tax dollars

You don't think farmers and ranchers pay property tax? Or sales tax? Or state tax? Or business tax? Or gas tax?

Oregonians are strange. I installed more than a giant machine for Hewlett-Packard in Corvallis. In Oregon there aren't any self-serve gas stations and a state registered gas station attendant is required to pump your gasoline for you.. That was in 1994 and the only and last time I worked in Oregon and bet that outrage is still the same today.

You don't think farmers and ranchers pay property tax? Or sales tax? Or state tax? Or business tax? Or gas tax?

Of course they do
But there are not sufficient numbers of them to pay for major public works projects

Suppose you live in Moosefuck Oregon, a community of 500 family farms. Moosefuck is on Upper Shitzcreek and relies on a bridge that was built during the Depression to access the nearest major city. When that bridge needs replacement at $3 million, those families cannot afford to pay for it themselves. That is where state funding of rural projects comes into play.
That bridge cannot be justified for just 500 families, but it is built because it is necessary for the communities survival
Alaska has a lot of isolated communities like that

Oregonians are strange. I installed more than a giant machine for Hewlett-Packard in Corvallis. In Oregon there aren't any self-serve gas stations and a state registered gas station attendant is required to pump your gasoline for you.. That was in 1994 and the only and last time I worked in Oregon and bet that outrage is still the same today.
NJ is the same way.
But it is nice to stay in your car on a cold rainy day

I love Idaho!!!

I was raised on the coast..I spent years of my life playing in the rain, and I love gray. But I love the East side as well...and Idaho. I spent summers in Parma and Pendleton, and went to high school in Grant county. Australia has too many poisonous toothy critters for me.

East of the Cascades is great, I have a rental in Bend, and at one time figured I'd retire there, but I've made up my mind and I'll leave the U.S. for the big down under.

East of the Cascades is great, I have a rental in Bend, and at one time figured I'd retire there, but I've made up my mind and I'll leave the U.S. for the big down under.

Move to the outback of Tasmania. Been there and has nice people who think they can play snooker until I snookered them. Snookered is a Down Under term similar to behind the 8 Ball in the US.

Of course they do
But there are not sufficient numbers of them to pay for major public works projects

Suppose you live in Moosefuck Oregon, a community of 500 family farms. Moosefuck is on Upper Shitzcreek and relies on a bridge that was built during the Depression to access the nearest major city. When that bridge needs replacement at $3 million, those families cannot afford to pay for it themselves. That is where state funding of rural projects comes into play.
That bridge cannot be justified for just 500 families, but it is built because it is necessary for the communities survival
Those bridges serve to get the raw products from those 500 families that raise the raw product used in the cities. I suppose when the cities are cut off from those five hundred families that they (city dwellers and their leadership) believe they can abuse the office folks in the cities can fend for themselves. Maybe the city dwellers can go with the 'soylent green' theme and a few of them may survive eating their own for awhile.

Perhaps we should get together and do some 'go fund me' promo's to get those five hundred covered for the bankers and their faithful followers can't bully them around so easily.

Well Alaska isn't a good example at all because the majority of our rural folks don't use roads, they use airplanes.

However, it's actually cheaper to build a road in a rural area than an urban. The highway agency estimates a 2 lane undivided road carries a price tag of $2-3M per mile of new road in rural areas and $6M per mile in urban areas.

If we were to just as an example use Alaska property tax as a benchmark; the cheapest property tax in the state is roughly $650 a year on a 200kish home. (In anchorage it would be like $3.6k on the same home, mat su valley is $2.5k on the same home) That doesn't count muni gas taxes, sales taxes, etc. It's easily conceivable when adding up the resources that a small city could in fact afford to put in a road or bridge or power plant (and I know that for a fact because our bush towns do it often without much help from the state and typically zero help from the feds [who only maintain the 1.4k miles of hwy])

I don't think you know what you're talking about rightwinger

Of course they do

Those bridges serve to get the raw products from those 500 families that raise the raw product used in the cities. I suppose when the cities are cut off from those five hundred families that they (city dwellers and their leadership) believe they can abuse the office folks in the cities can fend for themselves. Maybe the city dwellers can go with the 'soylent green' theme and a few of them may survive eating their own for awhile.

Perhaps we should get together and do some 'go fund me' promo's to get those five hundred covered for the bankers and their faithful followers can't bully them around so easily.

Oddly, you seem to think that Moosefuck Oregon is the only source of food for cities
Those cities also represent a "Market" for Moosefuck to sell its goods. They will not make a profit selling among themselves

What would be the new capitol?

Spokane?

Boise?
Spokane would be the largest city, but since they're joining Idaho...I figure Boise would probably remain the capitol.

Let's all do whatever we want and keep repeating "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", ...
And our leftist comrades in the cities break them, and we're sick of it.
They outnumber you.

Forum List

Back