Oregon Gunman: Conservative Republican

Yeah and that has really hamstrung Obama.

You'll notice he hasn't introduced gun control legislation since he's been in office.
And yes, based on Obama's whining, he has been hamstrung.

You'll notice he passed Obama care right over the powerless GOP republicants. Ouch; sorry....too soon?

Didn't stop his whining.
Even while Dems held huge majorities in both houses.
He's got to be the weakest whiniest president.....ever.

So weak, the GOP is scared to face him. Where are the bills to repeal Obamacare? You've guys had the Congress for a year.....Obama has had to veto 0.00 bills.

You guys are pussies.

Yup. Pussies who make him whine.

You didn't answer the question....where are the bills to repeal Obamacare?

If the manufacturers double the price of all guns, is that an infringement?

Is the manufacturer the government?

Neither is the seller of the insurance I proposed.

You want a private firm to sell insurance for $1000 and buy it back in 10 years for $10,000?

Several mechanisms could be employed. I'm for using market forces to dry up the gun supply and reduce the violence. It will be, for lack of a better term, a convertible annuity. I called it "insurance" because first and foremost, we have to do something to compensate the victims of gun crimes. At the same time, to make it appetizing to the owners, you allow them to invest in the lucrative State Pension funds which have billions of dollars in assets.

I'm for using market forces to dry up the gun supply and reduce the violence.

A government required $1000 bond (or insurance policy or whatever) that can be sold back for $10,000 after 10 years doesn't involve market forces.
Sure it does. Price goes up, sales go down. Sales go down, manufacturing decreases. Dries up the pool.

The bond/policy/annuity promotes you to hold on to your weapon instead of selling it. Dries up the pool.

Do you disagree?

we have to do something to compensate the victims of gun crimes.
So my gun gets stolen, what good is my $1000 "insurance" if the gun is used to shoot someone?
The insurance is for the victim. If you want to buy theft insurance, call Allstate. It also makes the theft a gun crime in addition to the use of the weapon to shoot someone. The burglar is on the hook for a long federal sentence now under my plan.

you allow them to invest in the lucrative State Pension funds which have billions of dollars in assets

No State Pension fund in the country is going to earn the 26% per year, for 10 years, to pay off $10,000 at that time.

I suggest you ask someone with a State pension what their contributions are matched at. Mine was 225% back at Harris County Texas.

But if you wish to make the term longer--lets say 20 years or make the cap $7,500 or $5K in 10 that is still a 13% return if you did the math right--that's cool.

The point is to use market forces. The 2nd Amendment is patently outdated but totally unassailable. So we have to live with it and any remedy to the violence is spawns will have to be attractive.

Sure it does. Price goes up, sales go down.

I already have my gun, why would the price go up?

Do you disagree?

Yes. The bond doesn't do anything to my supply.

The insurance is for the victim.

The victim gets $1000? Big deal.

It also makes the theft a gun crime in addition to the use of the weapon to shoot someone.

It's already against the law to steal a gun and shoot someone.

I suggest you ask someone with a State pension what their contributions are matched at. Mine was 225% back at Harris County Texas.

The gun owner is not an employee. The state is not going to match his "bond" based on a Federal law. Do you think a broke state, like Illinois, has an extra $9000 to cough up after 10 years? Or even a state with a balanced budget?

But if you wish to make the term longer--lets say 20 years or make the cap $7,500 or $5K in 10 that is still a 13% return if you did the math right--that's cool.

Nope. A 13% return for 10 years only gets you to about $3400.

A poll tax is okay, because it doesn't infringe on anyone's right to vote.

???

If a tax on guns does not infringe, neither does a tax on voting.
If the manufacturers double the price of all guns, is that an infringement? Quadruples the price? Does what that pharmaceutical guy did, bumping the price from $13 to $750?
The insurance is mandated by law, thus the government, through the mandate, infringes on the right.

Not sure what you mean by that.

???

If the manufacturers double the price of all guns, is that an infringement? Quadruples the price? Does what that pharmaceutical guy did, bumping the price from $13 to $750?

Uh...no. That's why I'm asking you if you think that would also be an infringement.

Try to follow along. I can't hold your hand all the time. Plus, it's always clammy.

???

Yeah and that has really hamstrung Obama.

You'll notice he hasn't introduced gun control legislation since he's been in office.

You'll notice he passed Obama care right over the powerless GOP republicants. Ouch; sorry....too soon?

Didn't stop his whining.

So weak, the GOP is scared to face him. Where are the bills to repeal Obamacare? You've guys had the Congress for a year.....Obama has had to veto 0.00 bills.

You guys are pussies.

And that advances conservatism...how?

Oh, right - it gets demagogues with zero accomplishments, like Ted Cruz, reelected.

All the while, The Left keeps winning.

Didn't stop his whining.

You guys are pussies.

Oh, right - it gets demagogues with zero accomplishments, like Ted Cruz, reelected.

Obama's accomplishments before he becoming president, pale in comparison to those of Ted Cruz ..You clown:slap:

Didn't stop his whining.

You guys are pussies.

Obama's accomplishments before he becoming president, pale in comparison to those of Ted Cruz ..You clown:slap:

Which are?

Nothing in my plan does one thing to affect firearms that have already been purchased unless they are used in a crime. If you have 3 guns, 30 guns, 300 guns or 3,000 guns on hand and you're a private individual, you needn't purchase anything new except ammo when you run out.

Now if you wanted to sell the gun to someone, they would have to acquire an insurance policy and so on and so fourth.

As stated, the device is not really an insurance policy; it acts more like a convertible annuity at this point. If the gun is used in a crime, the system could be set up to where they would receive more since there is a State match going on.

The only thing they receive now is a bill for a funeral (likely on top of a medical bill). So "big deal" is exactly that in some cases.

I love the callusness of the gun crazies; it highlights who has society's best interest at heart and who is just out for themselves.

It also makes the theft a gun crime in addition to the use of the weapon to shoot someone.

We all know that State crimes are ineffective due to paroles, probation, good behavior, etc... Federal boys don't play that way. Being 7 states away to where you see nobody from da hood for 10 years is probably a good thing. Now that will change as Fed pens fill up. You're likely to see someone from the old neighborhood. But the old "all the comforts of home" bullshit has to stop. I also think that once we stop incarcerating people for smoking tree and frankly "grow up" as a nation, you'll see more room in the prisons and more robust prosecutions of those who deserve it.

The gun owner is not an employee. The state is not going to match his "bond" based on a Federal law. Do you think a broke state, like Illinois, has an extra $9000 to cough up after 10 years? Or even a state with a balanced budget?
This is a valid concern. There are budgetary pressures that can't be ignored. Smaller population states (those that do not have the same pension commitments) may have to carry the water for a while on this.

Well, you brought up 26%; I didn't put pen to paper on it.

The insurance is mandated by law, thus the government, through the mandate, infringes on the right.

Oh? Well, by that strange argument, the government, through mandating you have hot water in the bathroom or a padlock on the Sudafed increases the business owner's costs and therefore drives up the price of guns and,therefore, infringes!!!!

Give it up sonny.

Unlike guns, voting poses no threat, you see. Convincing others that gunshot victims should be compensated is pretty easy. Convincing others that you need to apply spite fees is a tad harder.

Unlike guns, voting poses no threat, you see.

My guns pose no threat. Obama (and Clinton and Sanders) poses a very large threat.
Why should you be able to cause harm by electing and of those threats?

I know lots of people that own guns and pose no threat. I guess we punish the masses because of less than the one percent.
When that "less than one percent" are mutilated and killed; the "punishment" of insurance is minimal. Furthermore, the argument that it is an infringement is not valid because you had to pay for the gun in the first place.

Nothing in the constitution says guns have to be cheap.

Just keep them out of the hands of the poor. No reason that they should need protection.

They are not in the hands of the poor by and large now.
99.999% of illegal guns are in the hands of the poor. 99% of murders using a gun are committed by the 'poor' AKA negros.
Start by having the NG do a door to door sweep of every inner city confiscating illegal guns and watch the murder rate (using a gun) collapse.
The inner city negroes will obviously find other ways to murder each other over a bag of weed or a pair of used Nikes.

You want a private firm to sell insurance for $1000 and buy it back in 10 years for $10,000?

Several mechanisms could be employed. I'm for using market forces to dry up the gun supply and reduce the violence. It will be, for lack of a better term, a convertible annuity. I called it "insurance" because first and foremost, we have to do something to compensate the victims of gun crimes. At the same time, to make it appetizing to the owners, you allow them to invest in the lucrative State Pension funds which have billions of dollars in assets.
You're living on Uranus pal.
Do you in your right mind believe increasing the price of a handgun would somehow have an effect on the people who are committing the most gun murders?
Do you think the negro young man who is about to shoot his cousin over a bag of weed gives a shit how much the original owner paid for the gun?
You're a fool.

???

Uh...no. That's why I'm asking you if you think that would also be an infringement.

Try to follow along. I can't hold your hand all the time. Plus, it's always clammy.

Since the Bill of Rights limits government, no, that's not an infringement.

Try to follow along.

Bless your heart.

Didn't stop his whining.

You guys are pussies.

Well his whining did help the Dems lose both Houses of Congress.

Nothing in my plan does one thing to affect firearms that have already been purchased unless they are used in a crime. If you have 3 guns, 30 guns, 300 guns or 3,000 guns on hand and you're a private individual, you needn't purchase anything new except ammo when you run out.

Now if you wanted to sell the gun to someone, they would have to acquire an insurance policy and so on and so fourth.

As stated, the device is not really an insurance policy; it acts more like a convertible annuity at this point. If the gun is used in a crime, the system could be set up to where they would receive more since there is a State match going on.

The only thing they receive now is a bill for a funeral (likely on top of a medical bill). So "big deal" is exactly that in some cases.

I love the callusness of the gun crazies; it highlights who has society's best interest at heart and who is just out for themselves.

We all know that State crimes are ineffective due to paroles, probation, good behavior, etc... Federal boys don't play that way. Being 7 states away to where you see nobody from da hood for 10 years is probably a good thing. Now that will change as Fed pens fill up. You're likely to see someone from the old neighborhood. But the old "all the comforts of home" bullshit has to stop. I also think that once we stop incarcerating people for smoking tree and frankly "grow up" as a nation, you'll see more room in the prisons and more robust prosecutions of those who deserve it.

This is a valid concern. There are budgetary pressures that can't be ignored. Smaller population states (those that do not have the same pension commitments) may have to carry the water for a while on this.

And what if we don't tell anyone he bought the gun?

As stated, the device is not really an insurance policy; it acts more like a convertible annuity at this point.

Yes, something else to drive our states bankrupt.

So "big deal" is exactly that in some cases.

Yes, $1000 is a big help with huge medical bills. Or funerals. LOL!

I love the callusness of the gun crazies

I love the idiocy of the lefties.

Obviously. Lefties are horrible at math.

Do you in your right mind believe increasing the price of a handgun would somehow have an effect on the people who are committing the most gun murders?].

I removed the racist bullshit to respond to your idiocy without the cloud of your ignorance.

Okay...your argument is increasing the price of an object will have no affect on it's availability.
Look out the window; Do you know why there are no Porsches or Ferarri's in sight? Is it because there is no demand? No, the price is too high to be afforded.

Drive the price up and you dry the pool out.

And what if we don't tell anyone he bought the gun?
Gun crime. Pack your bags.

As stated, the device is not really an insurance policy; it acts more like a convertible annuity at this point.
Yes, something else to drive our states bankrupt.
Chicken little has make an appearance.

So "big deal" is exactly that in some cases.
Yes, $1000 is a big help with huge medical bills. Or funerals. LOL!

I love the callusness of the gun crazies
I love the idiocy of the lefties.
Better to have a bleeding heart than none at all. I guess "stuff happens" is enough to suffice.

Obviously. Lefties are horrible at math.

I used your figure of 26 percent. I guess you're a lefty.

Forum List

Back