Oregon Gunman: Conservative Republican

An infringement is an infringement. You cannot argue one and not argue the other. Sorry.

The word Militia is in the Amendment for a reason. A different set of justices will (hopefully) see it and recognize it.

Not sure what you are arguing here. Not that it matters. Nothing I suggested infringes on anyone's right to own as many weapons as they can afford. Just like the situation is on 10/6/2015.

Nothing I suggested infringes on anyone's right to own as many weapons as they can afford.

So a $1000 poll tax is okay then.

Not sure what you mean by that.

A poll tax is okay, because it doesn't infringe on anyone's right to vote.

???

If a tax on guns does not infringe, neither does a tax on voting.
If the manufacturers double the price of all guns, is that an infringement? Quadruples the price? Does what that pharmaceutical guy did, bumping the price from $13 to $750?

It will be voter insurance. Not a tax.

You're right, not a tax.
We should make it $1000 every 2 years.
Nothing against my idea in the Constitution.

Yeah, run with that....LOL.

Just like you should run with your idea.
How'd the "assault weapon" ban help the Dems in 1994? LOL!

332-206...they got over it nicely.

Yes, they lost the House for the first time since the 50s.

Yeah and that has really hamstrung Obama.

Nothing I suggested infringes on anyone's right to own as many weapons as they can afford.

So a $1000 poll tax is okay then.

???

If the manufacturers double the price of all guns, is that an infringement? Quadruples the price? Does what that pharmaceutical guy did, bumping the price from $13 to $750?

If the manufacturers double the price of all guns, is that an infringement?

Is the manufacturer the government?

You're right, not a tax.
We should make it $1000 every 2 years.
Nothing against my idea in the Constitution.

You'll notice he hasn't introduced gun control legislation since he's been in office.
And yes, based on Obama's whining, he has been hamstrung.

Well except EVERYONE IS in the militia per title 10 US Federal law. Further the Supreme Court , you remember them right? Ruled that one did not need to be a member of a militia to have a right protected by the Constitution. I guess you only support the Supreme Court when you LIKE their rulings right? Remind me how you respond when a right winger disagrees with a Supreme Court decision?

I support all Supreme Court decisions. I don't like them all.
If so then explain why you are whining about the militia in regards the 2nd Amendment? The Court was clear one is NOT required to belong to the militia to have a protected right under the 2nd.

The Court was clear when it had those 9 justices. The resulting bloodbath every month may compel some to change the ruling. This is why it is important to elect HRC. You get rid of Scalia and a few other dinosaurs....boom; you get legislation that will stem the red tide.

Again, it is humorous how you guys bitch and moan about judicial activsm but cling to it to in this case.
KItten.....We're discussing a Constitutional amendment. Which requires 38 state legislatures to ratify an amendment which repeals an existing amendment. in any event, there is no court, no legislature that can stop people from killing. And you will never disarm the law abiding citizens who choose to exercise their rights. Never. Get it?
And of you think Clinton is going to get the opportunity to pack the court with hyper liberals, you're living in a parallel universe.
BTW, Clinton's polling numbers are terrible. Short of some kind of unbelievable turn around, Clinton is not going to win the WH...And don't go spewing that crap about electoral votes.
But.....You are a feminazi who arrogantly believes the election is over. That it is "her turn".....
There is a bunch of you. But not enough.
BTW, until "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is stricken from the Bill of Rights, you will never have your way.

Time will tell.

Clinton will win the nomination easily. General elections are always a toss up but the GOP is doing it's best to lose it.
A Hillary 'cloud' server has just been uncovered. Let's wait and see what the FBI finds on it before we 'anoint' Hillary shall we?

???

Neither is the seller of the insurance I proposed.

You'll notice he hasn't introduced gun control legislation since he's been in office.

You'll notice he passed Obama care right over the powerless GOP republicants. Ouch; sorry....too soon?

???

You want a private firm to sell insurance for $1000 and buy it back in 10 years for $10,000?

You'll notice he passed Obama care right over the powerless GOP republicants. Ouch; sorry....too soon?

Didn't stop his whining.
Even while Dems held huge majorities in both houses.
He's got to be the weakest whiniest president.....ever.

I support all Supreme Court decisions. I don't like them all.
If so then explain why you are whining about the militia in regards the 2nd Amendment? The Court was clear one is NOT required to belong to the militia to have a protected right under the 2nd.

The Court was clear when it had those 9 justices. The resulting bloodbath every month may compel some to change the ruling. This is why it is important to elect HRC. You get rid of Scalia and a few other dinosaurs....boom; you get legislation that will stem the red tide.

Again, it is humorous how you guys bitch and moan about judicial activsm but cling to it to in this case.
KItten.....We're discussing a Constitutional amendment. Which requires 38 state legislatures to ratify an amendment which repeals an existing amendment. in any event, there is no court, no legislature that can stop people from killing. And you will never disarm the law abiding citizens who choose to exercise their rights. Never. Get it?
And of you think Clinton is going to get the opportunity to pack the court with hyper liberals, you're living in a parallel universe.
BTW, Clinton's polling numbers are terrible. Short of some kind of unbelievable turn around, Clinton is not going to win the WH...And don't go spewing that crap about electoral votes.
But.....You are a feminazi who arrogantly believes the election is over. That it is "her turn".....
BTW, until "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is stricken from the Bill of Rights, you will never have your way.

Time will tell.

Clinton will win the nomination easily. General elections are always a toss up but the GOP is doing it's best to lose it.
A Hillary 'cloud' server has just been uncovered. Let's wait and see what the FBI finds on it before we 'anoint' Hillary shall we?

There was a line in the movie, The Right Stuff. It was a favorite in my house growing up and I remember my cousins coming over and watching it all the time in our old Sears VHS. Anyway, the scene is in this bar and the Chuck Yeager had just broken the sound barrier. Then another guy broke his record by a few mph. Then Yeager broke his record. Then the other guy re-gained the title of "fastest man alive".... When Yeager broke the record, the press was fanatical. Now the air force base was empty and nobody was covering them.

The "Liaison Man" pointed out to the pilots that the reason the press coverage had waned wasn't that their feats were not great but that for something to capture the public imagination; it needed to be a simple message; he cited the four minute mile, sixty homers; in short, a nice round number. This is the issue with Hillary's e-mails and the obsession the GOP has with it. The public isn't going to care unless she is frog-marched into a court-house. She should be ashamed for going the route of convenience and the ham-handed way she sees enemies behind every bush and looks to defend against foes who have zero real ammo. But the public isn't going to care unless there is a skin on the wall. The GOP didn't get there with Whitewater, "file gate", Ben-Gotcha, and it looks like the e-mail server is going to be a dud also.

Time will tell.

There was a line in the movie, The Right Stuff. It was a favorite in my house growing up and I remember my cousins coming over and watching it all the time in our old Sears VHS. Anyway, the scene is in this bar and the Chuck Yeager had just broken the sound barrier. Then another guy broke his record by a few mph. Then Yeager broke his record. Then the other guy re-gained the title of "fastest man alive".... When Yeager broke the record, the press was fanatical. Now the air force base was empty and nobody was covering them.

The "Liaison Man" pointed out to the pilots that the reason the press coverage had waned wasn't that their feats were not great but that for something to capture the public imagination; it needed to be a simple message; he cited the four minute mile, sixty homers; in short, a nice round number. This is the issue with Hillary's e-mails and the obsession the GOP has with it. The public isn't going to care unless she is frog-marched into a court-house. She should be ashamed for going the route of convenience and the ham-handed way she sees enemies behind every bush and looks to defend against foes who have zero real ammo. But the public isn't going to care unless there is a skin on the wall. The GOP didn't get there with Whitewater, "file gate", Ben-Gotcha, and it looks like the e-mail server is going to be a dud also.

She should be ashamed for going the route of convenience and the ham-handed way she sees enemies behind every bush

Not to mention, breaking the law, mishandling classified info and endangering national security.

You want a private firm to sell insurance for $1000 and buy it back in 10 years for $10,000?

Several mechanisms could be employed. I'm for using market forces to dry up the gun supply and reduce the violence. It will be, for lack of a better term, a convertible annuity. I called it "insurance" because first and foremost, we have to do something to compensate the victims of gun crimes. At the same time, to make it appetizing to the owners, you allow them to invest in the lucrative State Pension funds which have billions of dollars in assets.

Time will tell.

She should be ashamed for going the route of convenience and the ham-handed way she sees enemies behind every bush

Not to mention, breaking the law, mishandling classified info and endangering national security.

yawn....

Didn't stop his whining.

So weak, the GOP is scared to face him. Where are the bills to repeal Obamacare? You've guys had the Congress for a year.....Obama has had to veto 0.00 bills.

You guys are pussies.

Several mechanisms could be employed. I'm for using market forces to dry up the gun supply and reduce the violence. It will be, for lack of a better term, a convertible annuity. I called it "insurance" because first and foremost, we have to do something to compensate the victims of gun crimes. At the same time, to make it appetizing to the owners, you allow them to invest in the lucrative State Pension funds which have billions of dollars in assets.

I'm for using market forces to dry up the gun supply and reduce the violence.

A government required $1000 bond (or insurance policy or whatever) that can be sold back for $10,000 after 10 years doesn't involve market forces.

we have to do something to compensate the victims of gun crimes.

So my gun gets stolen, what good is my $1000 "insurance" if the gun is used to shoot someone?

you allow them to invest in the lucrative State Pension funds which have billions of dollars in assets

No State Pension fund in the country is going to earn the 26% per year, for 10 years, to pay off $10,000 at that time.

Didn't stop his whining.

So weak, the GOP is scared to face him. Where are the bills to repeal Obamacare? You've guys had the Congress for a year.....Obama has had to veto 0.00 bills.

You guys are pussies.

Yup. Pussies who make him whine.

I'm for using market forces to dry up the gun supply and reduce the violence.

A government required $1000 bond (or insurance policy or whatever) that can be sold back for $10,000 after 10 years doesn't involve market forces.

Sure it does. Price goes up, sales go down. Sales go down, manufacturing decreases. Dries up the pool.

The bond/policy/annuity promotes you to hold on to your weapon instead of selling it. Dries up the pool.

Do you disagree?

we have to do something to compensate the victims of gun crimes.
So my gun gets stolen, what good is my $1000 "insurance" if the gun is used to shoot someone?
The insurance is for the victim. If you want to buy theft insurance, call Allstate. It also makes the theft a gun crime in addition to the use of the weapon to shoot someone. The burglar is on the hook for a long federal sentence now under my plan.

you allow them to invest in the lucrative State Pension funds which have billions of dollars in assets

No State Pension fund in the country is going to earn the 26% per year, for 10 years, to pay off $10,000 at that time.

I suggest you ask someone with a State pension what their contributions are matched at. Mine was 225% back at Harris County Texas.

But if you wish to make the term longer--lets say 20 years or make the cap $7,500 or $5K in 10 that is still a 13% return if you did the math right--that's cool.

The point is to use market forces. The 2nd Amendment is patently outdated but totally unassailable. So we have to live with it and any remedy to the violence is spawns will have to be attractive.

Forum List

Back