Oregon legislative session implodes over cap-and-trade, Republican walkout, ends early

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
SALEM, Ore. - More than a week after GOP lawmakers walked out to prevent a vote on cap-and-trade legislation, the Democratic leaders of the Senate and House adjourned the 2020 legislative session early.

..."Senate Republicans are willing to attend the Sunday floor session to pass emergency budget bills, for example, the relief for flood victims in Eastern Oregon," Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr. said in a statement.

The House Speaker rejected that idea.

“The only deal I will agree to is if Republicans in both chambers return and agree to take a floor vote on every bill that has earned support through the public process that governs our legislative body," Speaker Tina Kotek said in a statement.
Oregon legislative session implodes over cap-and-trade, Republican walkout, ends early

It's crap like this that irritates me. You have 100 things that need to be taken care of but refuse to move because of 1. Take care of the 99 first. It ain't rocket science.

Many Republican legislators left the State because the governor threatened to sick the state police on them if they didn't return ...

At the beginning of the session ... Democrats promised Republicans a seat at the table when this bill was written and debated ... Democrats completely welched on their promise and wrote it in secret, then ram-rodded it through ... seems one final vote is needed to get it to the governor's desk ...

Liberal city-slickers have to play patty-cake with the conservative rural folks ... or there ain't no government ... good riddance to bad rubbish ...

SALEM, Ore. - More than a week after GOP lawmakers walked out to prevent a vote on cap-and-trade legislation, the Democratic leaders of the Senate and House adjourned the 2020 legislative session early.

..."Senate Republicans are willing to attend the Sunday floor session to pass emergency budget bills, for example, the relief for flood victims in Eastern Oregon," Senate Republican Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr. said in a statement.

“The only deal I will agree to is if Republicans in both chambers return and agree to take a floor vote on every bill that has earned support through the public process that governs our legislative body," Speaker Tina Kotek said in a statement.

It's crap like this that irritates me. You have 100 things that need to be taken care of but refuse to move because of 1. Take care of the 99 first. It ain't rocket science.

That might be a good way to go about it if the order of the items were the only problem. Unfortunately, everybody knows the unethical republicans would refuse to vote on anything else after they got the ones they wanted.

That might be a good way to go about it if the order of the items were the only problem. Unfortunately, everybody knows the unethical republicans would refuse to vote on anything else after they got the ones they wanted.

A HUGE geographic area of Oregon is represented by Republicans. All the dickhead liberals and Dems are huddled into 2-3 major cities. They are free to pass a cap and trade tax on themselves at the local level so go right ahead.

A HUGE geographic area of Oregon is represented by Republicans. All the dickhead liberals and Dems are huddled into 2-3 major cities. They are free to pass a cap and trade tax on themselves at the local level so go right ahead.

Land doesn't vote. People do. You don't get that?

By cap and trade Dems mean large TAX INCREASES on the poor and middle class, hence the walk out. Oregon is corrupted to its core by liberals.

They were going to run that through and that's it.

Land doesn't vote. People do. You don't get that?

Go ahead raise cap and trade taxes through the roof in your liberal run cities have at it. You idiots have nothing to bitch and complain about. :eusa_hand:

I'm not sure that the general public is really up for anymore political theater. The cap and trade tax is really controversial and has been for about a decade now.

I wish Oregon politics were that simple ... Portland is half the population, half the legislature and receives 3/4's the tax revenue ... so the rest of the State, no matter the political affiliation, suffer from everything done in Salem ... why should the rest of us have to pay for Portland's glided sidewalks? ...

The other imprtant fact about Oregon politics is they're all pedophiles ... the only way we can get anyone to run for elective office is to give them little boys and girls to play with ...

Don't get me started on Jeff Merkley ... we had to ship him off to the US Senate just to keep him from ruining everything here ... he does less damage there ... lunacy his name should come up as a possible Presidential candidate ... DC residents, keep a sharp eye on your kids ...

I'm not sure that the general public is really up for anymore political theater. The cap and trade tax is really controversial and has been for about a decade now.

I understand. The walkout did make Republicans look childish.

No. I don't think you get it at all.

They learned that walk out trick from Democrats.

I wish Oregon politics were that simple ... Portland is half the population, half the legislature and receives 3/4's the tax revenue ... so the rest of the State, no matter the political affiliation, suffer from everything done in Salem ... why should the rest of us have to pay for Portland's glided sidewalks? ...

The other imprtant fact about Oregon politics is they're all pedophiles ... the only way we can get anyone to run for elective office is to give them little boys and girls to play with ...

Don't get me started on Jeff Merkley ... we had to ship him off to the US Senate just to keep him from ruining everything here ... he does less damage there ... lunacy his name should come up as a possible Presidential candidate ... DC residents, keep a sharp eye on your kids ...

Yes. Child molesters are disgusting, aren't they?
donald-trump-ivanka-bed-kiss.jpg

Kind of looks like the unethical Democraps were holding everything else hostage to get what they wanted. That shit cuts both ways.

There is nothing unethical about opposing a massive regressive tax on the poor to benefit only the extremely wealthy. Not only is it an extremely regressive tax, it is justified with fearmongering lies.

You moonbats are incredibly stupid and gullible.

Forum List

Back