Oregon raises min wage

You'll survive on unemployment when Wal-Mart tells you they are not paying you 15/hour to stand at the door.

Fuck Walmart. I don't shop there. Stopped shopping in that miserable hellhole years ago.

I don't like them either.

So what.

The greeters (people making a paycheck) will go away. Then they'll be looking for those non-existent low skill 15/hr jobs and collecting real slave wages in the form of unemployment.

Hope you are happy with yourself.

Like i said, fuck Walmart. They've been allowed their slaves for too many years. I don't shop there. I won't support evil.

That's fine.

Wave to the people in the unemployment line (or say hi when you show up) because they won't find your hallowed jobs.

Unemployment goes up, Unemployment goes down. There are many factors involved. But there is no evidence supporting your 'Sky is Falling' rants. Raising the Minimum Wage has never significantly impacted the national economy.

For instance, Oregon has had times of high Unemployment in the past. And it had nothing to do with Minimum Wage. So, the sky ain't gonna fall. Some Corporate Elites and greedy folks like you will bitch & moan for a bit, but then you'll get over it Life will go on.

You are correct...because most people were making well above the min wage when it was changed.

The change you are talking about......not the same case.

Your "logical" little piss-puddle won't mean much when you try a change of this magnitude.

Hope you enjoy working with the homeless in Oregon.

Oregon is typically high in unemployment relative to the national average. That should tell you that they are very sensitive to change in labor market pressures.

So creating jobs doesn't help those who need it?

Paying workers lower wages can result in job creation, but it doesn't solve the problems. We're going backwards as a nation. But some places are gettin it. Oregon's one of em.
I didn't say pay lower wages, did I? I said get the economy moving again.

Well, that's what's happening. Wages have been decreasing for years. To be more blunt, jobs have been getting shittier & shittier for years. We're going backwards as a nation.
It's globalization. People want to pay the lowest prices possible, so companies cut costs by manufacturing overseas. Force the manufacturing back here and it'll be done by automation, not highly paid people.

Well, people are paying a lot more than they think. They're helping destroy the country. Every penny they spend at places like Walmart, is an investment in their own demise.
Regardless, they are in the driver's seat. If they signal they are willing to pay more than the lowest price for other reasons, businesses will follow suit. Businesses LOVE to charge high prices if they can.

The 'American Dream' might just be over for good...

And it will be when the entitlement mentality rules.

Well, we can't just leave it all up to you greedy white Republican dudes. We're doing that now, and so many are suffering.

The numbers don't lie. We can't afford the entitlement mentality. I guess you're going with the "Gripe about the white man holding everybody down" option.

Not all white men. More so, greedy Republican white men. Not very good folks. They only care about themselves and pleasing the Corporate Elites.

What "greedy Republican white men" are ruining your life right now?

Fuck Walmart. I don't shop there. Stopped shopping in that miserable hellhole years ago.

So what.

The greeters (people making a paycheck) will go away. Then they'll be looking for those non-existent low skill 15/hr jobs and collecting real slave wages in the form of unemployment.

Like i said, fuck Walmart. They've been allowed their slaves for too many years. I don't shop there. I won't support evil.

That's fine.

Wave to the people in the unemployment line (or say hi when you show up) because they won't find your hallowed jobs.

Unemployment goes up, Unemployment goes down. There are many factors involved. But there is no evidence supporting your 'Sky is Falling' rants. Raising the Minimum Wage has never significantly impacted the national economy.

For instance, Oregon has had times of high Unemployment in the past. And it had nothing to do with Minimum Wage. So, the sky ain't gonna fall. Some Corporate Elites and greedy folks like you will bitch & moan for a bit, but then you'll get over it Life will go on.

You are correct...because most people were making well above the min wage when it was changed.

Your "logical" little piss-puddle won't mean much when you try a change of this magnitude.

Oregon is typically high in unemployment relative to the national average. That should tell you that they are very sensitive to change in labor market pressures.

Well, then dont live there. Live in places where they don't care about their workers and treat them like slaves. That's your call. Have a good time.

You'll survive on unemployment when Wal-Mart tells you they are not paying you 15/hour to stand at the door.

So what.

That's fine.

"Corporate Elites" don't employ the vast majority of min wage earners.

Well, we can't just leave it all up to you greedy white Republican dudes. We're doing that now, and so many are suffering.

The numbers don't lie. We can't afford the entitlement mentality. I guess you're going with the "Gripe about the white man holding everybody down" option.

Not all white men. More so, greedy Republican white men. Not very good folks. They only care about themselves and pleasing the Corporate Elites.

I've posted about this in the past, but it is applicable here. I've watched customers send production overseas and from the top management to the guy sweeping the floor they hate it. It produces logistical nightmares and is only done when they have a choice of giving up and closing or sending some production overseas to protect the remaining jobs. No greed, no evil just pragmatic survival.

Greedy white Republican men are ruining millions & millions of American lives. Their hate & greed consumes them. They're what's wrong with the country.

So what.

That's fine.

Some 62% of American workers earn less than $20/hr. Raise the MW nationwide to $15/hr overnight, and over half the work force will be getting or demanding raises. That cannot happen with zero impact. Raise it by small enough increments that it doesn't really matter, and you can get away with it, because the increase in prices and job losses are less felt. Oh, after a while people notice that more and more low paying jobs are being done by robots or someone overseas, and it's harder for teenagers to break into the job market, but hey, we feel good about ourselves.

So what.

That's fine.

Well, then dont live there. Live in places where they don't care about their workers and treat them like slaves. That's your call. Have a good time.

I'd rather they work in jobs at 10/hr (20K/year) than collect unemployment at 600 mo.

Oregon has it's fair share of working poor.

I visit Oregon.....no big deal.

Greedy white Republican men are ruining millions & millions of American lives. Their hate & greed consumes them. They're what's wrong with the country.

That's a different issue.

Raising minimum wage won't hurt the rich. It hurts the working poor.

Get a clue.

Get a clue.

It's not about hurting the rich. It's about helping the least fortunate among us. The rich don't need the help.

So you can't identify anyone, just a vague, amorphous enemy you know you hate but can't specifically say why. You do know, don't you, that your attitude is analogous to the southern redneck who claims that "Greedy black Democrat people in the inner city are ruining millions of American lives. Their hate and greed consumes them. They're what's wrong with this country."?

So what.

That's fine.

I've posted about this in the past, but it is applicable here. I've watched customers send production overseas and from the top management to the guy sweeping the floor they hate it. It produces logistical nightmares and is only done when they have a choice of giving up and closing or sending some production overseas to protect the remaining jobs. No greed, no evil just pragmatic survival.

This is where a lot of liberals go off the rails, because they don't understand that a company lays off workers in order to continue functioning as a company. They apparently don't understand that a company moving a factory to another country and laying off 200 workers while continuing to employ 5,000 other workers is preferable to the company keeping all the factories open until it goes out of business and all 5,200 workers are out of a job.

Get a clue.

It's not about hurting the rich. It's about helping the least fortunate among us. The rich don't need the help.

I see...you can't read.

It will hurt the working poor.

If you raised it two dollars...you'd probably be safe. If you raised it three you might still be O.K.

Raise it seven and you'll do some damage.

Get a clue.

I see...you can't read.

If you raised it two dollars...you'd probably be safe. If you raised it three you might still be O.K.

That is the correct motorcycle. The only way a MW works is if it's kept low enough so as to not really make a difference.

So what.

That's fine.

This is where a lot of liberals go off the rails, because they don't understand that a company lays off workers in order to continue functioning as a company. They apparently don't understand that a company moving a factory to another country and laying off 200 workers while continuing to employ 5,000 other workers is preferable to the company keeping all the factories open until it goes out of business and all 5,200 workers are out of a job.
Another thing I've posted before that I'll repeat now, is that we(as a country) often are responsible for driving jobs out.

My personal example...

My biggest customer makes wheel chairs. In 2001 this country passed steel import tariffs vastly increasing the cost of steel.
At the same time medicare had capped the price they would pay for a standard steel wheel chair. They came to us and said they could not build a steel wheel chair in the US and sell it to medicare without losing money.

That left them 3 choices. 1. lose money on every chair(absurd) 2. get out of the steel chair market(stupid) 3. move production to Mexico(the only logical choice). And they hated it. When there was a problem with my product I was in an office with QC and engineers in hours. Now it takes them weeks. As a country it's called shooting yourself in the foot.

Get a clue.

I see...you can't read.

That is the correct motorcycle. The only way a MW works is if it's kept low enough so as to not really make a difference.

It will lift some people and I am sure teenagers will enjoy the extra dollars.

So what.

That's fine.

I've seen it in my line of work as well.

One of our customers is a crate company. They make big creates, little crates, crates the size of tractor-trailers for machines. I've delivered these crates to companies that had to move out of the state or country.

You are correct, they hate it. I've talked with managers and owners alike.

Ha, only a greedy white Republican dude can try and convince people that making shite wages is 'good' for em. Pretty bizarre comical folks. :lol:

No, Republicans try to tell folks making low wages is not good for them. That's why Republicans try to inspire people to be the best they can be. Go to school and learn to do something. Pick up a trade or skill. Start your own company if you can. That's what Republicans preach.

So what do Democrats preach? How failure is not your fault, it's the fault of evil rich people. Don't worry about starting a family too young. Government will always be there to cover your mistakes. Welfare and unemployment checks stimulate the economy. It doesn't matter how hard you try, success is for white people only.

Thank you, but I like the Republican message much better.

Forum List

Back