Oregon raises min wage

Americans making a livable wage will contribute more to the economy. It will benefit us all in the end. The Corporate Elites are gonna get angry, but they'll get over it. As a nation, we can't only do what's best for the Elites. We have to look out for the least fortunate among us as well. If we do that, we can truly be proud of our nation.
This makes no sense. This isn't "new" money entering the system. It's something people on the left can't seem to understand. If you take $10 from me, there isn't $10 new dollars in the system.

Corporate Elites? The "corporate elites" don't employ minimum wage earners. The vast majority are employed by small businesses. All you're doing is moving money from one person trying to keep a roof over his to another person trying to keep a roof over his head. Did you know that upwards of 98% of american businesses employ less than 100 people? Hardly the "corporate elites".

The problem with you greedy white Republican dudes is that you're only willing to do what's best for the Corporate Elites and most fortunate among us. You've been brainwashed on the concept that our poor and elderly should be ignored and forgotten.

You feel if you don't see or think about them, the misery doesn't exist. But guess what? It does exist. And we as a nation need to look out for them. It isn't only about what's best for the Corporate Elites and most fotunate among us. A nation should be judged on how much it helps its least fortunate Citizens.
The best way to do that is which of these?

1. Give everyone handouts until we can't borrow any more money.
2. Get the economy moving again to create new jobs.
3. Gripe about the white man holding everybody down.
4. Realize that democrats have no intention of ever letting you get out of poverty and throw them out of office.

The panic and collapsing economy is what you made up--not me or anybody else. I don't recall anybody saying that. What we did say is that it will have a negative impact on businesses, workers and customers alike. That's a far cry from a collapsing economy.

I suspect you'll survive. And so will the country.

Oregon...the same stupid state that makes it illegal to pump your own gas.

They have really high expectations LOL

Oregon's pretty cool. I liked it there. The rest of the country will catch up at some point. Oregon's just leading the way.

By making it illegal to pump your own gas ?

That' real progress and catching up.

Are you smoking something ?

Well, don't live there. Go live where they pay you and your fellow Citizens shite wages. That's your call. But i had some great experiences in Oregon. I found it to be a cool open-minded place. The rest of the nation needs to follow its lead on many issues.

Who cares what you had in Oregon....makes no difference.

Open minded.....can't pump your own gas.....ROTFLMAO.

They are traditionally higher in unemployment than the country...there is a reason why.

You'll survive on unemployment when Wal-Mart tells you they are not paying you 15/hour to stand at the door.

Fuck Walmart. I don't shop there. Stopped shopping in that miserable hellhole years ago.

I don't like them either.

So what.

The greeters (people making a paycheck) will go away. Then they'll be looking for those non-existent low skill 15/hr jobs and collecting real slave wages in the form of unemployment.

Hope you are happy with yourself.

Like i said, fuck Walmart. They've been allowed their slaves for too many years. I don't shop there. I won't support evil.

That's fine.

Wave to the people in the unemployment line (or say hi when you show up) because they won't find your hallowed jobs.

Unemployment goes up, Unemployment goes down. There are many factors involved. But there is no evidence supporting your 'Sky is Falling' rants. Raising the Minimum Wage has never significantly impacted the national economy.

For instance, Oregon has had times of high Unemployment in the past. And it had nothing to do with Minimum Wage. So, the sky ain't gonna fall. Some Corporate Elites and greedy folks like you will bitch & moan for a bit, but then you'll get over it Life will go on.

Americans making a livable wage will contribute more to the economy. It will benefit us all in the end. The Corporate Elites are gonna get angry, but they'll get over it. As a nation, we can't only do what's best for the Elites. We have to look out for the least fortunate among us as well. If we do that, we can truly be proud of our nation.
This makes no sense. This isn't "new" money entering the system. It's something people on the left can't seem to understand. If you take $10 from me, there isn't $10 new dollars in the system.

Corporate Elites? The "corporate elites" don't employ minimum wage earners. The vast majority are employed by small businesses. All you're doing is moving money from one person trying to keep a roof over his to another person trying to keep a roof over his head. Did you know that upwards of 98% of american businesses employ less than 100 people? Hardly the "corporate elites".

The problem with you greedy white Republican dudes is that you're only willing to do what's best for the Corporate Elites and most fortunate among us. You've been brainwashed on the concept that our poor and elderly should be ignored and forgotten.

You feel if you don't see or think about them, the misery doesn't exist. But guess what? It does exist. And we as a nation need to look out for them. It isn't only about what's best for the Corporate Elites and most fotunate among us. A nation should be judged on how much it helps its least fortunate Citizens.

4. Realize that democrats have no intention of ever letting you get out of poverty and throw them out of office.

Sorry, but it isn't only about helping the Corporate Elites and the most fortunate among us. We have to help the people who need it most. It's what just nations do.

Sorry, bit it isn't only about helping the Corporate Elites and the most fortunate among us. We have to help the people who need it most
So creating jobs doesn't help those who need it?

Oregon...the same stupid state that makes it illegal to pump your own gas.

They have really high expectations LOL

Oregon's pretty cool. I liked it there. The rest of the country will catch up at some point. Oregon's just leading the way.

By making it illegal to pump your own gas ?

That' real progress and catching up.

Are you smoking something ?

Well, don't live there. Go live where they pay you and your fellow Citizens shite wages. That's your call. But i had some great experiences in Oregon. I found it to be a cool open-minded place. The rest of the nation needs to follow its lead on many issues.

Who cares what you had in Oregon....makes no difference.

Open minded.....can't pump your own gas.....ROTFLMAO.

They are traditionally higher in unemployment than the country...there is a reason why.

You keep paying Americans your shite wages, half the Citizens will be on Welfare. Might be lower Unemployment, but they'll all still rely on Government Entitlements to survive. How many Walmart workers are also on Welfare of some sort?

Sorry, bit it isn't only about helping the Corporate Elites and the most fortunate among us. We have to help the people who need it most

Paying workers lower wages can result in job creation, but it doesn't solve the problems. We're going backwards as a nation. But some places are gettin it. Oregon's one of em.

Ha, only a greedy white Republican dude can try and convince people that making shite wages is 'good' for em. Pretty bizarre comical folks. :lol:

Paying workers lower wages can result in job creation, but it doesn't solve the problems. We're going backwards as a nation. But some places are gettin it. Oregon's one of em.
I didn't say pay lower wages, did I? I said get the economy moving again.

Ha, only a greedy white Republican dude can try and convince people that making shite wages is 'good' for em. Pretty bizarre comical folks. :lol:
And no one is doing that. Please do try to keep up. A low MW is good for teenagers and low skilled workers trying to establish a work history and break into the job market. After you do that, you should be paid more than MW. If not, take your skills and work history elsewhere and you will. You're angry at something that is not real.

Well, that's what's happening. Wages have been decreasing for years. To be more blunt, jobs have been getting shittier & shittier for years. We're going backwards as a nation.

And no one is doing that. Please do try to keep up. A low MW is good for teenagers and low skilled workers trying to establish a work history and break into the job market. After you do that, you should be paid more than MW. If not, take your skills and work history elsewhere and you will. You're angry at something that is not real.

How compassionate.

Well, that's what's happening. Wages have been decreasing for years. To be more blunt, jobs have been getting shittier & shittier for years. We're going backwards as a nation.
It's globalization. People want to pay the lowest prices possible, so companies cut costs by manufacturing overseas. Force the manufacturing back here and it'll be done by automation, not highly paid people.

How compassionate.
Absolutely it's compassionate. Why would I want to price teenagers and low skilled workers out of the job market? That would be cruel.

It's globalization. People want to pay the lowest prices possible, so companies cut costs by manufacturing overseas. Force the manufacturing back here and it'll be done by automation, not highly paid people.

Well, people are paying a lot more than they think. They're helping destroy the country. Every penny they spend at places like Walmart, is an investment in their own demise.

The 'American Dream' might just be over for good...

And it will be when the entitlement mentality rules.

Well, we can't just leave it all up to you greedy white Republican dudes. We're doing that now, and so many are suffering.

The numbers don't lie. We can't afford the entitlement mentality. I guess you're going with the "Gripe about the white man holding everybody down" option.

Not all white men. More so, greedy Republican white men. Not very good folks. They only care about themselves and pleasing the Corporate Elites.

Forum List

Back