Oregon raises min wage

Americans making a livable wage will contribute more to the economy. It will benefit us all in the end. The Corporate Elites are gonna get angry, but they'll get over it. As a nation, we can't only do what's best for the Elites. We have to look out for the least fortunate among us as well. If we do that, we can truly be proud of our nation.
This makes no sense. This isn't "new" money entering the system. It's something people on the left can't seem to understand. If you take $10 from me, there isn't $10 new dollars in the system.

Corporate Elites? The "corporate elites" don't employ minimum wage earners. The vast majority are employed by small businesses. All you're doing is moving money from one person trying to keep a roof over his to another person trying to keep a roof over his head. Did you know that upwards of 98% of american businesses employ less than 100 people? Hardly the "corporate elites".

The problem with you greedy white Republican dudes is that you're only willing to do what's best for the Corporate Elites and most fortunate among us. You've been brainwashed on the concept that our poor and elderly should be ignored and forgotten.

You feel if you don't see or think about them, the misery doesn't exist. But guess what? It does exist. And we as a nation need to look out for them. It isn't only about what's best for the Corporate Elites and most fotunate among us. A nation should be judged on how much it helps its least fortunate Citizens.

It should, well then who helps their "least fortunate" more than the Untied States?

Big Banks are Big Business, and how much Taxpayer cash did they receive in the last economic collapse? How much cash are they making today fucking Americans over? Most Republicans fully supported bailing them out. But see, it's not always about helping the Corporate Elites. We have to help our least fortunate Citizens as well.

Many, Many trillions. Not in direct taxpayer dollars but in newly created govt obligations that we're responsible for.

It's been the fed under a dem adm that has pumped trillions into those banks.

The dems fully supported this as well.

If you want to help the less fortunate quit beating the hell out of small business and let us create jobs. Small business in this country has always been the primary jobs creators. Quit dreaming up new ways to kick us in the teeth because you're mad at wall street.

We help the Corporate Elite $Billionaires, we can help our least fortunate Citizens too. You can't push 'Small/Less Government' only when you see personal gain in it. We're a big, really Big Government now. There is no turning back. It is what it is.
Again, if you want to help people make a better living, quit beating the hell out of small business. I've run a small business for 27 years. The biggest obstacle to my people being paid more is you.

Big/Small Businesses have their hands out all the time. They're always looking for Government help. And most of the time they get it. So, there's nothing wrong with helping our less fortunate as well. Let em make a livable wage. We'll all benefit in the end.

How would anybody benefit from job losses, paying higher prices for goods, and paying higher prices for services?

Your 'Sky is Falling' preditions have never panned out. There is no evidence supporting your claims of economic collapses being caused by raising the Minimum Wage. None whatsover. It's never happened.

Some Corporate Elites and greedy folks like you will bitch & moan for a bit, and then they'll get over it. The economy won't collapse and life will go on. So there's no need to panic. You can chill out.

Americans making a livable wage will contribute more to the economy. It will benefit us all in the end. The Corporate Elites are gonna get angry, but they'll get over it. As a nation, we can't only do what's best for the Elites. We have to look out for the least fortunate among us as well. If we do that, we can truly be proud of our nation.
This makes no sense. This isn't "new" money entering the system. It's something people on the left can't seem to understand. If you take $10 from me, there isn't $10 new dollars in the system.

Corporate Elites? The "corporate elites" don't employ minimum wage earners. The vast majority are employed by small businesses. All you're doing is moving money from one person trying to keep a roof over his to another person trying to keep a roof over his head. Did you know that upwards of 98% of american businesses employ less than 100 people? Hardly the "corporate elites".

The problem with you greedy white Republican dudes is that you're only willing to do what's best for the Corporate Elites and most fortunate among us. You've been brainwashed on the concept that our poor and elderly should be ignored and forgotten.

You feel if you don't see or think about them, the misery doesn't exist. But guess what? It does exist. And we as a nation need to look out for them. It isn't only about what's best for the Corporate Elites and most fotunate among us. A nation should be judged on how much it helps its least fortunate Citizens.

It should, well then who helps their "least fortunate" more than the Untied States?

If we leave it all up to you greedy white Republican dudes, our least fortunate will suffer immensely. The bottom line is, folks like you just don't care. You're only willing to help the Corporate Elites and most fortunate among us. But like i said, a nation should be judged on how much it helps its Citizens who need it most.

If we leave it all up to you greedy white Republican dudes, our least fortunate will suffer immensely. The bottom line is, folks like you just don't care. You're only willing to help the Corporate Elites and most fortunate among us. But like i said, a nation should be judged on how much it helps its Citizens who need it most.

Then the United States should be ranked as first place. So what's the problem?

Many, Many trillions. Not in direct taxpayer dollars but in newly created govt obligations that we're responsible for.

It's been the fed under a dem adm that has pumped trillions into those banks.

The dems fully supported this as well.

If you want to help the less fortunate quit beating the hell out of small business and let us create jobs. Small business in this country has always been the primary jobs creators. Quit dreaming up new ways to kick us in the teeth because you're mad at wall street.

We help the Corporate Elite $Billionaires, we can help our least fortunate Citizens too. You can't push 'Small/Less Government' only when you see personal gain in it. We're a big, really Big Government now. There is no turning back. It is what it is.
Again, if you want to help people make a better living, quit beating the hell out of small business. I've run a small business for 27 years. The biggest obstacle to my people being paid more is you.

Big/Small Businesses have their hands out all the time. They're always looking for Government help. And most of the time they get it. So, there's nothing wrong with helping our less fortunate as well. Let em make a livable wage. We'll all benefit in the end.

How would anybody benefit from job losses, paying higher prices for goods, and paying higher prices for services?

Your 'Sky is Falling' preditions have never panned out. There is no evidence supporting your claims of economic collapses being caused by raising the Minimum Wage. None whatsover. It's never happened.

Some Corporate Elites and greedy folks like you will bitch & moan for a bit, and then they'll get over it. The economy won't collapse and life will go on. So there's no need to panic. You can chill out.

The panic and collapsing economy is what you made up--not me or anybody else. I don't recall anybody saying that. What we did say is that it will have a negative impact on businesses, workers and customers alike. That's a far cry from a collapsing economy.

The panic and collapsing economy is what you made up--not me or anybody else. I don't recall anybody saying that. What we did say is that it will have a negative impact on businesses, workers and customers alike. That's a far cry from a collapsing economy.

I suspect you'll survive. And so will the country.

Oregon...the same stupid state that makes it illegal to pump your own gas.

They have really high expectations LOL

You'll survive on unemployment when Wal-Mart tells you they are not paying you 15/hour to stand at the door.

Not only will I survive, but maybe it's better for us.

When those companies leave the state, they have to go somewhere. We welcome any and all legal businesses in Ohio. The more jobs here, the better as far as I'm concerned. After all, I'm a local truck driver and it could mean more work for us down the road.

And since increased prices causes inflation, it will make our homes and property a better bang for the buck for those who are looking for a new state to live.

I've seen what those houses cost in places like California, New York, and just about all the NE states. A $500,000 home there goes for about $180,000 here. The cost of living is ridiculous in some of these places.

Oregon's pretty cool. I liked it there. The rest of the country will catch up at some point. Oregon's just leading the way.

You'll survive on unemployment when Wal-Mart tells you they are not paying you 15/hour to stand at the door.

Fuck Walmart. I don't shop there. Stopped shopping in that miserable hellhole years ago.

When those companies leave the state, they have to go somewhere. We welcome any and all legal businesses in Ohio. The more jobs here, the better as far as I'm concerned. After all, I'm a local truck driver and it could mean more work for us down the road.

And since increased prices causes inflation, it will make our homes and property a better bang for the buck for those who are looking for a new state to live.

I've seen what those houses cost in places like California, New York, and just about all the NE states. A $500,000 home there goes for about $180,000 here. The cost of living is ridiculous in some of these places.

I wouldn't be proud of attracting businesses by approving of them paying your Citizens less. It's nothing to boast about. It's why so many businesses move offshore or to the South. They're seeking slave labor.

These businesses know most in the South are uneducated and ignorant. They'll happily accept their degradation. They just don't know any better. They'll actually boast about making $9 an hr on a job that paid $25 30-40yrs ago. But hopefully one day even folks in the South will wake up and do what's right. I try to stay optimistic.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be proud of attracting businesses by approving of them paying your Citizens less. It's nothing to boast about. It's why so many businesses move offshore or to the South. They're seeking slave labor.

These businesses know most in the South are uneducated and ignorant. They'll happily accept their degradation. They just don't know any better. They'll actually boast about making $9 an hr on a job that paid $25 30-40yrs ago. But hopefully one day even folks in the South will wake up and do what's right. I try to stay optimistic.

If you don't have a job...you welcome what you can get.

Unless we are at full employment.....you are just advocating keeping people in the unemployment lines.

Fuck Walmart. I don't shop there. Stopped shopping in that miserable hellhole years ago.

I don't like them either.

So what.

The greeters (people making a paycheck) will go away. Then they'll be looking for those non-existent low skill 15/hr jobs and collecting real slave wages in the form of unemployment.

Hope you are happy with yourself.

Oregon's pretty cool. I liked it there. The rest of the country will catch up at some point. Oregon's just leading the way.

By making it illegal to pump your own gas ?

That' real progress and catching up.

Are you smoking something ?

Unless we are at full employment.....you are just advocating keeping people in the unemployment lines.

Boasting about attracting businesses that wanna pay your Citizens less, really is nothing to boast about. Hopefully raising the Minimum Wage everywhere will solve some of that problem.

So what.

The greeters (people making a paycheck) will go away. Then they'll be looking for those non-existent low skill 15/hr jobs and collecting real slave wages in the form of unemployment.

Like i said, fuck Walmart. They've been allowed their slaves for too many years. I don't shop there. I won't support evil.

So what.

Like i said, fuck Walmart. They've been allowed their slaves for too many years. I don't shop there. I won't support evil.

That's fine.

Wave to the people in the unemployment line (or say hi when you show up) because they won't find your hallowed jobs.

Boasting about attracting businesses that wanna pay your Citizens less, really is nothing to boast about. Hopefully raising the Minimum Wage everywhere will solve some of that problem.

That is beyond stupid.

Wages follow a supply and demand curve like most everything else.

You raise the wage, you'll drop the demand.

You've solved a lot.

Let's hear another "It's great" statement and remove all doubt that you are a moron.

By making it illegal to pump your own gas ?

That' real progress and catching up.

Are you smoking something ?

Well, don't live there. Go live where they pay you and your fellow Citizens shite wages. That's your call. But i had some great experiences in Oregon. I found it to be a cool open-minded place. The rest of the nation needs to follow its lead on many issues.

Forum List

Back