Organisms Tailored for Industrial Use.

Organisms tailored for industrial use. :eusa_think:

:eek: Living things tailored at the DNA level for industrial use.

Well... it certainly isn't be the first time Monkeys have manipulated genetics and designed a living thing for industrial profit, ask any hybrid tomato plant or any dog on a working ranch.

Does anyone doubt the truth that the concept of 'Slavery' started off as a voluntary proposition?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_uL9OdHhAs]Will Work for Food - YouTube[/ame]

:dunno: Which is morally wrong… slavery, or the industrialization of the concept?

`

From Microbes to other Monkeys, Monkeys have been caging, manipulating the genetics of and using living things as resources in the pursuit of industrial profits since monkeys begat Monkeys.

Is there anything morally wrong with manipulating life at the genetic level? :dunno:

I'm driving home, and on my radio hear the phrase "Organisms tailored for industrial use."
:eusa_eh:
Using the labor of dozens of undergraduate students, scientists have built a customized yeast chromosome from scratch.

Custom Chromo: First Yeast Chromosome Built From Scratch : Shots - Health News : NPR

Where have you been the last 5000 years?

For most of that stretch of Time, I can only account for my whereabouts as "Star-stuff in use".

For the last 50 something years of that stretch of Time I've been assembled and living in America.
:thewave:

I'm driving home, and on my radio hear the phrase "Organisms tailored for industrial use."

Where have you been the last 5000 years?

For most of that stretch of Time, I can only account for my whereabouts as "Star-stuff in use".

For the last 50 something of that stretch of Time I've been assembled and living in America.
:thewave:

Then you should be aware that dogs, horses, donkeys, and mules have been tailored for both industrial and military use for millennia. If you think that brewers haven't done the same thing to yeast you really haven't been thinking.

I'm keenly aware of it!

The historic manipulation of life itself by Monkeys as we continue our crawl toward Sentience is easily documented, as we've both pointed out. Control over life and lives is both a survival tool and interesting in a dog-eat-dog world.

Monkeys have worked for power over life and death since monkeys begat Monkeys. The practice by an organism of exerting the power of life over other living organisms is one of the definitions of Sentience, and it's one reason why Monkeys chase Gods on their road to Sentience.

The question is one of morality. Obviously a negative judgement in general of the exploitation of other life forms wipes out any hope of a moral Monkey existence, both present and past.

That brings us back to the extreme moral example of organism exploitation - slavery. Is the concept of slavery, which was most likely born of a relationship, immoral, or is it industrialization where exploitation begins?

When the news says "organisms tailored for industry...", should we take special notice? Can Monkeys afford enough government to keep all of the industries that depend on living things as resources always on the moral side of exploitation?

Using the labor of dozens of undergraduate students, scientists have built a customized yeast chromosome from scratch.

Custom Chromo: First Yeast Chromosome Built From Scratch : Shots - Health News : NPR

This sort of thing is the stuff of my nightmares. Not nukes, not alien invasion, or climate change, but some fools tinkering with life itself and creating something that wipes us out.

Organisms tailored for industrial use. :eusa_think:

:eek: Living things tailored at the DNA level for industrial use.

Well... it certainly isn't be the first time Monkeys have manipulated genetics and designed a living thing for industrial profit, ask any hybrid tomato plant or any dog on a working ranch.

I was going to say, nearly everything we have in this world it tailored for industrial use.

The wood desk you have, is made from trees specifically grown and designed for such purpose. All of the food we eat, as in *ALL* of the food we eat, is all tailored for that purpose.

There is not anything anywhere, that I am aware of, that is not tailored for the purpose. Even honey bees are tailored for that purpose these days.

The only difference between specifically cross breeding plants and animals, to get the tailored traits we want, and what this is talking about, is the use of a lab. Scientists in a lab, can't do anything except breed out with existing material, what traits we want or don't want. Just like farmers do, or dog breeders do, or horse breeders do, or anyone else does.

I find it odd that all other tailored things are ok and good, but in this one specific instance, with a scientist doing it, it's bad.

Well I for one am glad to hear about stuff like this.

Imagine being able to remove genetic flaws from humans. No more birth defects of any kind, every kid gets to hit the ground running w/o the fear that he will run out of breath or break down from the effort, or can only sit and watch.

And as long as we keep it ethical, no human clones, no super babies, this will lead to the end of a lot of our health issues.

Forum List

Back