Oscars are tonight...

"Everybody should watch Won't You Be My Neighbor, it is so good, completely baffling it didn't get nominated."

You like Mr. McFeely, huh?
Well, it looks like republicans will have to dust off their old John Wayne vcr tapes, "Mr Smith Goes to Washington", "The Sound of Music", and the old WWII propaganda movies because the academy doesn't have much to offer them this year. There's:
  • Bohemian Rhapsody, a biographical film about Freddie Mercury, lead singer of the British rock band Queen, great music but with a liberal dose of the stars bisexual appetites.
  • The Favorite, a dark comedy about the women of Queen Anne's court.
  • Roma, a Spanish language film about life in a Mexican neighborhood in the 1970's, definitely, not for Trumpsters.
  • Then there's Green Book, a story about blacks touring the Deep South in 1962. Need I say more.
  • “If Beale Street Could Talk”, a love story set in Harlem in the 1970's with the expected racial prejudice and bad white guys.
Maybe next year will be conservative time at movies.
They actually gave awards to Mexicans who don’t speak the language, black klansmen and gays singing

Not a good night for conservatives
Like I said, conservatives will have to just dig out those old movies when men were men, women were women, gays were queers, blacks were servants, Mexicans were Spics, and the disabled were handicapped.
God, you're a terrible person! Oh, and ever see "Some Like It Hot?" It came out in 1959 and Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis dressed up like women.

"Everybody should watch Won't You Be My Neighbor, it is so good, completely baffling it didn't get nominated."

Well, it looks like republicans will have to dust off their old John Wayne vcr tapes, "Mr Smith Goes to Washington", "The Sound of Music", and the old WWII propaganda movies because the academy doesn't have much to offer them this year. There's:
  • Bohemian Rhapsody, a biographical film about Freddie Mercury, lead singer of the British rock band Queen, great music but with a liberal dose of the stars bisexual appetites.
  • Roma, a Spanish language film about life in a Mexican neighborhood in the 1970's, definitely, not for Trumpsters.
  • Then there's Green Book, a story about blacks touring the Deep South in 1962. Need I say more.
  • “If Beale Street Could Talk”, a love story set in Harlem in the 1970's with the expected racial prejudice and bad white guys.
Nope....I threw on Bohemian Rhapsody,........and that movie rocked.
Better be careful saying things like that. You could lose your I love Trump car stickers and your seat at Trump rallies. However, I have to agree, it was a great movie. Your post leads me to believe there must be some underground movement among conservatives.

They actually gave awards to Mexicans who don’t speak the language, black klansmen and gays singing

Like I said, conservatives will have to just dig out those old movies when men were men, women were women, gays were queers, blacks were servants, Mexicans were Spics, and the disabled were handicapped.
God, you're a terrible person! Oh, and ever see "Some Like It Hot?" It came out in 1959 and Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis dressed up like women.
Oh, another great move, that surely causes conservatives to doubt their convictions. It's just a small step from "Some Like It Hot" to "Victor Victoria", to "Tootsie" to "La Cage aux Folles" to "Brokeback Mountain". John Wayne would be turning over in his grave.

Last edited:
Leftists have their newer movies where men are women, women are men, gays are campy comic relief, blacks are
rappers and drug dealers, Mexicans are gang members and the disabled are handicapped.
You mean newer movies like 1959's "Some Lit It Hot" where Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon dress up like women, or 1982's "Tootsie" where Dustin Hoffman pretends to be a woman to get a part on a soap, or 1993's "Mrs. Doubfire" where Robin Williams dresses up as a woman. Shall I go on??

Oh, another great move, that surely causes conservatives to doubt there convictions.
Did I misunderstand what you said because it was satirical? If so, I am sorry. I loved Jack Lemmon and especially when he was with Walter Matthau. Grumpy Old Men is one of my favorites and I watch it every Christmas and then a few times throughout the years too. I love Ann-Margaret too.

Leftists have their newer movies where men are women, women are men, gays are campy comic relief, blacks are
rappers and drug dealers, Mexicans are gang members and the disabled are handicapped.
You mean newer movies like 1959's "Some Lit It Hot" where Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon dress up like women, or 1982's "Tootsie" where Dustin Hoffman pretends to be a woman to get a part on a soap, or 1993's "Mrs. Doubfire" where Robin Williams dresses up as a woman. Shall I go on??

Oh, another great move, that surely causes conservatives to doubt there convictions.
Did I misunderstand what you said because it was satirical? If so, I am sorry. I loved Jack Lemmon and especially when he was with Walter Matthau. Grumpy Old Men is one of my favorites and I watch it every Christmas and then a few times throughout the years too. I love Ann-Margaret too.
Some Like It Hot is one of BIlly Wider's best movies. He was nominated for 35 academy awards and won 6 Oscars for movies such as The Apartment, The Lost Weekend, Sunset Boulevard, Some Like It Hot, Ninotchcka, Ball of Fire, Double Indemnity, Stalag 17, The Seven Year Itch, The Spirit of St. Louis, Love in the Afternoon, The Witness for the Prosecution, Irma La Douce, and The Front Page. All told Billy Wider either wrote or directed 65 movies which have included some of the very best to come out of Hollywood.

Some Like It Hot is one of BIlly Wider's best movies. He was nominated for 35 academy awards and won 6 Oscars for movies such as The Apartment, The Lost Weekend, Sunset Boulevard, Some Like It Hot, Ninotchcka, Ball of Fire, Double Indemnity, Stalag 17, The Seven Year Itch, The Spirit of St. Louis, Love in the Afternoon, The Witness for the Prosecution, Irma La Douce, and The Front Page. All told Billy Wider either wrote or directed 65 movies which have included some of the very best to come out of Hollywood.
Yes, you're right. Some of the best.

The one I wanted to win, did. Rami was SO incredible as Freddie. I have the DVD and you can go on YouTube and watch the Live Aid concert side by side and not be able to tell the difference. When the movie was filmed, he insisted that he sing every song and put as much of himself into it as Freddie did, so that when they dubbed the vocals over, you could see the cords in his neck bulge because he really was singing the way Freddie did. He studied every movement and nuance Freddie had. He watched interviews and copied his speech too.

On a side note, Tom Hanks cast him in his movie, Larry Crowne. He played this kooky student, Steve Dibiasi. The reason I know how it's spelled is that he spells it in the movie. Tom saw the potential in him and wanted him to be part of his movie. When I first heard that he was going to play Freddie, I thought, no!! Not Steve Dibiasi!! But it seems that Tom saw more in him and it proved correct. (As it did with Nia Vardalos who co-wrote Larry Crowne with him. And My Big Fat Greek Wedding which Tom and Rita had a hand in) I know he was in a TV series, or something? I don't watch much TV anymore so I don't know about that.

From now on, he will be Steve Dibiasi/Freddie Mercury to me, and they are both great!

The one I wanted to win, did. Rami was SO incredible as Freddie. I have the DVD and you can go on YouTube and watch the Live Aid concert side by side and not be able to tell the difference. When the movie was filmed, he insisted that he sing every song and put as much of himself into it as Freddie did, so that when they dubbed the vocals over, you could see the cords in his neck bulge because he really was singing the way Freddie did. He studied every movement and nuance Freddie had. He watched interviews and copied his speech too.

On a side note, Tom Hanks cast him in his movie, Larry Crowne. He played this kooky student, Steve Dibiasi. The reason I know how it's spelled is that he spells it in the movie. Tom saw the potential in him and wanted him to be part of his movie. When I first heard that he was going to play Freddie, I thought, no!! Not Steve Dibiasi!! But it seems that Tom saw more in him and it proved correct. (As it did with Nia Vardalos who co-wrote Larry Crowne with him. And My Big Fat Greek Wedding which Tom and Rita had a hand in) I know he was in a TV series, or something? I don't watch much TV anymore so I don't know about that.

From now on, he will be Steve Dibiasi/Freddie Mercury to me, and they are both great!
I saw it and thought it was great. I'm looking forward to seeing Green Book and The Favorite. Being I don't speak much Spanish and hate reading subtitles I'm not sure I will see Roma.

I didn't know he was in Larry Crowne.
Thanks

Two brain surgeons sitting on a bench. One says, “You okay?” The other says, “Aw, I’m just miserable. Eighteen hour surgery and the patient died.” First brain surgeon, “Well, it’s just brain surgery. It’s not like making a movie...”

Incoherent nut job in a purple teletubbies suit, Spike Lee, made a weird speech about “choose love not hate”, then exploded with hate backstage when another film won best picture

“I can bear witness that the portrait painted of that time and place in our history is very real,” John Lewis said. “It’s seared in my memory, black men and women, our brothers and sisters, treated as second class citizens, threatened for raising their families or earning a living, beaten and sometimes killed for the crime of trying to live a life with dignity. Our nation bears the scars of that time, as do I.”

Incoherent nut job in a purple teletubbies suit, Spike Lee, made a weird speech about “choose love not hate”, then exploded with hate backstage when another film won best picture
Imagine if a white actor acted like spike lee or Kanye.

Are black people embarrassed by spike lees behavior?

And to me now if they give him an Oscar it’ll be because he cried for not winning. It’s rewarding bad behavior.

Forum List

Back