Oscars are White BET awards?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Chris Rock calls the Oscars the 'White BET Awards'

For the second year in a row, the Academy has exclusively nominated white actors for the show's top honors, while performances by actors of color in critically acclaimed films likeStraight Outta Compton and Creed went unrecognized.
On Saturday, Jada Pinkett Smith, whose husband, Will Smith, was snubbed for his performance in Concussion, suggested a potential boycott of the Oscars.
"At the Oscars, people of color are always welcomed to give out awards, even entertain, but we are rarely recognized for our artistic accomplishments," she tweeted. "Should people of color refrain from participating all together?"

Yeah. You do that Jada.
Meanwhile...read the comment section. I found it quite enlightening what many are saying.

Chris Rock calls the Oscars the 'White BET Awards'

For the second year in a row, the Academy has exclusively nominated white actors for the show's top honors, while performances by actors of color in critically acclaimed films likeStraight Outta Compton and Creed went unrecognized.
On Saturday, Jada Pinkett Smith, whose husband, Will Smith, was snubbed for his performance in Concussion, suggested a potential boycott of the Oscars.
"At the Oscars, people of color are always welcomed to give out awards, even entertain, but we are rarely recognized for our artistic accomplishments," she tweeted. "Should people of color refrain from participating all together?"

Yeah. You do that Jada.
Meanwhile...read the comment section. I found it quite enlightening what many are saying.

Let them boycott. It will prove that when they don't get their way, they whine and claim skin color. Typical.

You win awards on merit, not skin color. Chris Rock disappoints me but I will live. Fuck him and his race card. And he can take Jada along with him in the fuckedness.

Some of the comments that I agree with:

That is impossible. We are not allowed on or in anything titled BET. For blacks only. No whites allowed. Do you think that would fly the other way around? No way. Accept the choices all the rest of us have to accept. Sometimes you win sometime you lose. Life is always fair.

Are we to the point where it is REQUIRED for actors of color to be nominated every year? If so, just say that, tell us how many have to get them, give them a participation trophy, and apologize to those actors of color over the years who earned their awards without what amounts to an Affirmative Action plan for the Oscars. This is getting ridiculous. Oscars are presented to actors and films, not races. Want an Oscar next year? Make or be in a better film.

Mr. Rock should refuse to host if he feels that way plan and simple.

Bring back Billy Crystal.

I wonder if anyone would care if Jada Pinkett Smith stayed home on Oscar night? Look at her Rotten Tomato scores-- she can't act her way out of a paper bag. She probably can't even fake an orgasm.

In the NBA, they hardly ever even let a white boy sit down at the end of the bench--let alone actually play.

Where can a white boy go to complain about that?

Chris needs to bow out of hosting. You know, to show his displeasure. Oh. Wait. He still plans on hosting? Oh my.

In the NBA, they hardly ever even let a white boy sit down at the end of the bench--let alone actually play.

The NBA is a racist organization and should be shut down immediately. Or taxed heavily until they implement a valid affirmative action program. It's a game of 100s of points; it could handle a few less baskets made.

You win awards on merit, not skin color. Chris Rock disappoints me but I will live. Fuck him and his race card. And he can take Jada along with him in the fuckedness.

Jada bugs the shit out of me, I feel sorry for anyone that works for her.... Their is not one white person on stage or in the audience at the Bet awards. Wait one person in the front row..lol

451485554-rapper-lil-wayne-regiae-carter-and-nicki-gettyimages.jpg

These people are racist themselves. Merit NOT skin colour, exactly.

The NBA is a racist organization and should be shut down immediately. Or taxed heavily until they implement a valid affirmative action program. It's a game of 100s of points; it could handle a few less baskets made.

Complain to the white owners of each team........ Most NBA teams are owned by whites. And only one team that is owned by black Michael Jordan of Charlotte Bobcats. Each team are *REQUIRED* to have 2 minimum of white players.

Last edited:

This is because they think white men can't jump.

Blacks are so used to Affirmative Action, and other minority based privileges, they are stunned when they discover a contest where merit and talent is the prime factor for generating the winners.

I really don't think anyone will miss Jada Smith, or Chris Rock. So let them boycott all they want. Who wants to bet both still go though? And who wants to bet that BLM will also show up? And will some of the recipients kowtow in giving their thanks and have something to say about or will they stay very silent and instead attack a political party?

Forum List

Back