OUCH. Glenn Beck exposed as phony on HealthCare Debate

Oh and funny how Obama hasn't pulled us out of Iraq. and he's doubling our troop levels in Afghanistan with no clear mission.

change we can all believe in.

The US have already withdrawn from Iraqi urban areas:

Iraq Regains Control if Cities as US Pulls Back

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq regained full control of its towns and cities on Tuesday, declaring the day a national holiday for Iraqis to celebrate the withdrawal of U.S. troops, six years after invading to topple Saddam Hussein.

Though some Iraqis fear the first step of a full U.S. withdrawal leaves them open to attack, the government declared "National Sovereignty Day" a holiday and held a military parade to flex its muscles at a still stubborn insurgency.

By midnight on Tuesday, all U.S. combat units must have left Iraq's urban centers and redeployed to rural bases, according to a bilateral security pact that requires all U.S. troops except for trainers and advisers to leave Iraq by the end of 2011.

We have to do this strategically, not all at once.

Although I agree with you that we should pull the Afghanistan troops as well until we have better intelligence as to the location of Bin Laden.

Oh and funny how Obama hasn't pulled us out of Iraq. and he's doubling our troop levels in Afghanistan with no clear mission.

The withdrawal from Iraq is not an overnight process ... by the summer of next year I believe is what the plan called for.

He campaigned on focusing on A-Stan.
but hes using the same plan Bush had
where is the "change"

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq regained full control of its towns and cities on Tuesday, declaring the day a national holiday for Iraqis to celebrate the withdrawal of U.S. troops, six years after invading to topple Saddam Hussein.

Though some Iraqis fear the first step of a full U.S. withdrawal leaves them open to attack, the government declared "National Sovereignty Day" a holiday and held a military parade to flex its muscles at a still stubborn insurgency.

By midnight on Tuesday, all U.S. combat units must have left Iraq's urban centers and redeployed to rural bases, according to a bilateral security pact that requires all U.S. troops except for trainers and advisers to leave Iraq by the end of 2011.

Although I agree with you that we should pull the Afghanistan troops as well until we have better intelligence as to the location of Bin Laden.

are these troops home or are they just out of the cities?

I take it you agree with Nixon's "phase out" strategy in vietnam given your views above.

To be fair, when the dem candidates were asked if they would guarantee withdrawal from Iraq by 2013, only Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel said they would.......

and they were ridiculed.

I really wish that the mainstream media would have given Presidential candidates like Kucinich and Ron Paul more airtime. It was appalling how Kucinich was banned from an ABC debate he was legally allowed to be at. The anchors didn't even acknowledge he was still a candidate... or that he was right outside the building, protesting his exclusion!

yeah, the same plan the Bush administration was implimenting

where is the "change"

The withdrawal from Iraq is not an overnight process ... by the summer of next year I believe is what the plan called for.

where is the "change"

So what?

The fact that he's actually doing it IS change.

Besides, I seem to recall the Bush admin adopting Obama's rough timeline for withdrawal during the campaign season.

where is the "change"

So what?

Besides, I seem to recall the Bush admin adopting Obama's rough timeline for withdrawal during the campaign season.

then what the hells' the difference between Bush and Obama?

where is the "change"

So what?

Huh?

Obama campaigned on getting the troops out of Iraq in 16 months. Halfway through the campaingn the Bush admin set a timeline for withdrawal that parralleled Obama's plan.

So what?

Huh?

Obama campaigned on getting the troops out of Iraq in 16 months. Halfway through the campaingn the Bush admin set a timeline for withdrawal that parralleled Obama's plan.
exactly, so I ask again, what's the difference between Bush and Obama. You're saying if Bush had been reelected, troops would be out in the same amount of time.
I don't believe that will happen no matter who is president, but, just for argument's sake, what's the difference between Bush and Obama on that issue?

To be fair, when the dem candidates were asked if they would guarantee withdrawal from Iraq by 2013, only Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel said they would.......

and they were ridiculed.

I really wish that the mainstream media would have given Presidential candidates like Kucinich and Ron Paul more airtime. It was appalling how Kucinich was banned from an ABC debate he was legally allowed to be at. The anchors didn't even acknowledge he was still a candidate... or that he was right outside the building, protesting his exclusion!

Yeah I believe fox did the same to Paul.

So what?

Huh?

the Bush admin never set a timeline
it was always when the conditions were met
and Obama wasnt for that
and Bush's plan hasnt beeen changed
there is NO change art

Huh?

exactly, so I ask again, what's the difference between Bush and Obama. You're saying if Bush had been reelected, troops would be out in the same amount of time.
I don't believe that will happen no matter who is president, but, just for argument's sake, what's the difference between Bush and Obama on that issue?

I'm saying the Bush said he was going to do the same thing AFTER Obama said it ... I'm not tracking how you can pull the "change" card here. You are being a bit obtuse.

Huh?

and Obama wasnt for that
there is NO change art

So now the Bush admin had no timeline but Obama's does yet that is some how not change?

You guys are all over the place ...

Huh?

I'm saying the Bush said he was going to do the same thing AFTER Obama said it ... I'm not tracking how you can pull the "change" card here. You are being a bit obtuse.

I don't remember Bush ever setting timelines, actually, and if he did, I can't imagine he would copy Obama just to win points. He never gave a rat's ass what people thought of him.

Huh?

and Obama wasnt for that
there is NO change art

So now the Bush admin had no timeline but Obama's does yet that is some how not change?

Incorrect. Dive said no timeline. I was responding to your claim assuming it was true.

Huh?

and Obama wasnt for that
there is NO change art

but they didnt change to the timeline
you are missing that

Seriously the only way to satisfy this little change thing you guys are harping about Obama would have had to completely flip flop on the Iraq war when the Bush Admin agreed to the time horizon.

Like I said, y'all are being obtuse here.

Seriously the only way to satisfy this little change thing you guys are harping about Obama would have had to completely flip flop on the Iraq war when the Bush Admin agreed to the time horizon.

Like I said, y'all are being obtuse here.

I don't remember any time horizon.

Forum List

Back