OUCH. Glenn Beck exposed as phony on HealthCare Debate

Bush did a lot of things wrong
but this wasnt one of them
and i knew Obama would learn that as soon as he started getting the daily breifings
and it wasnt long after the election i noticed the change of Obama's "change" plan

And again Bush didn't adopt the time horizon until long after Obama had been campaigning on getting the troops out of Iraq by next year.

To say that Obama is following Bush's plan and that his Iraq policy somehow isn't change is obtuse.

I don't think Bush announced the time horizon to follow Obama. Bush never cared what people thought. I thought earlier you said they had the same strategy. but you're saying Obama's difference is that he's setting a specific date?

I was mistaken on the "same strategy" but you guys were the ones claiming that he was following Bush's plan. Are you now saying the Obama's and Bush's plans aren't the same?

their official policy may be different, but we will never withdraw from Iraq. at least not completely.

wrong again
there are no set timelines, you have even admitted that
Obama has adopted the same plan Bush did, without timelines

I know ... there were "time horizons" because the Bush admin had spent soooooo much time saying that you can't have timelines ... they needed a new buzzword.
and the "time horizons" were not DATES, but condition specific

face it, Obama has dropped his plan and adopted the Bush plan

Obama changed his plan from 16 months to summer 2010. Bush went from "we will not discuss timelines" to we have "time horizons" ... you guys just said that it wasn't date specific ...therefor if by the end of summer next year the troops are gone(like Obama said they would) then he would have followed through with HIS OWN plan.

I know ... there were "time horizons" because the Bush admin had spent soooooo much time saying that you can't have timelines ... they needed a new buzzword.

Obama changed his plan from 16 months to summer 2010. Bush went from "we will not discuss timelines" to we have "time horizons" ... you guys just said that is wasn't date specific ...therefor if by the end of summer next year (like Obama said he would)then he would have followed through with HIS OWN plan.

and 2010 will become 2012 and so on and so on.

I don't think Bush announced the time horizon to follow Obama. Bush never cared what people thought. I thought earlier you said they had the same strategy. but you're saying Obama's difference is that he's setting a specific date?

I was mistaken on the "same strategy" but you guys were the ones claiming that he was following Bush's plan. Are you now saying the Obama's and Bush's plans aren't the same?

their official policy may be different, but we will never withdraw from Iraq. at least not completely.

Agreed that we will never be completely out of Iraq .. it doesn't matter who was elected.

But there's a whole lot of options between 150,000 combat troops and completely withdrawn.

Obama changed his plan from 16 months to summer 2010. Bush went from "we will not discuss timelines" to we have "time horizons" ... you guys just said that it wasn't date specific ...therefor if by the end of summer next year the troops are gone(like Obama said they would) then he would have followed through with HIS OWN plan.
do you REALLY believe we will be out in 2010?
i sure as hell dont

Agreed that we will never be completely out of Iraq .. it doesn't matter who was elected.

But there's a whole lot of options between 150,000 combat troops and completely withdrawn.
and Obama's plan was complete withdrawl

you just keep admitting Obama isnt doing his plan

I think we'll go down to 50k. Not sure when. but there are bases there that are permanent.

i sure as hell dont

Completely out?

No.

Combat troops gone?

They damn well better be.

If the combat troops are gone by the next summer I would consider that following thru with his words.

i sure as hell dont

Completely out?

No.

Combat troops gone?

oh, most combat troops are likely to be gone, mostly to A-Stan, not home
and i think Obama is making a mistake if he puts that many troops into a-stan

If the combat troops are gone by the next summer I would consider that following thru with his words.
i wouldnt
he said completely out
and we(conservatives) all said that wouldnt happen

i sure as hell dont

Completely out?

No.

Combat troops gone?

what kind of troops do we have in korea? I would guess those are combat troops, since the korean war never officially ended?

i wouldnt
he said completely out
and we(conservatives) all said that wouldnt happen

I would.
I'm a realist who understands that there was no way that was going to happen.

Right, but Obama claimed to be an idealist, and he obviously isn't. He said what a mistake Iraq was, yet he filled his whole cabinet with people who supported it full bore even after there were no weapons.

i sure as hell dont

Completely out?

No.

Combat troops gone?

what kind of troops do we have in korea? I would guess those are combat troops, since the korean war never officially ended?

It's not a bunch of phone operators in Korea I can assure you of that but I can also assure you that the troops in Korea are not receiving combat pay. The troops in Iraq are.

Forum List

Back