OUCH. Glenn Beck exposed as phony on HealthCare Debate

I don't see any specific dates in there.
notice how they kept saying "time horizon"
it was to make it LOOK like Bush had taken on Obama's plan

You have to read an entire article to figure out the real story which most people (and I'm not saying article 15 doesnt) dont. I learned that from Noam Chomsky of all people. :lol::lol::lol:

Guys the term "time horizon" came directly from the administration.

Forced to offer nuance, the Bush White House issued this statement July 18: "In the area of security cooperation, the President and the Prime Minister agreed that improving conditions should allow for the agreements now under negotiation to include a general time horizon for meeting aspirational goals--such as the resumption of Iraqi security control in their cities and provinces and the further reduction of U.S. combat forces from Iraq."

Bush's Time Horizon in Iraq

Guys the term time horizon came directly from the administration.

Forced to offer nuance, the Bush White House issued this statement July 18: "In the area of security cooperation, the President and the Prime Minister agreed that improving conditions should allow for the agreements now under negotiation to include a general time horizon for meeting aspirational goals--such as the resumption of Iraqi security control in their cities and provinces and the further reduction of U.S. combat forces from Iraq."

show us where it says anything about 16 months in there or in the Wash post article, article. :lol:

Guys the term "time horizon" came directly from the administration.

except it was a "general time horizon"
as in a progressive reponse to improving conditions
not a timeline that no matter what the conditions the timeline would be followed
but conditions have been and are continuing to improve

that was Bush's plan, not a timeline

And again Bush didn't adopt the time horizon until long after Obama had been campaigning on getting the troops out of Iraq by next year.

To say that Obama is following Bush's plan and that his Iraq policy somehow isn't change is obtuse.

And again Bush didn't adopt the time horizon until long after Obama had been campaigning on getting the troops out of Iraq by next year.

To say that Obama is following Bush's plan and that his Iraq policy somehow isn't change is obtuse.
wrong again
there are no set timelines, you have even admitted that
Obama has adopted the same plan Bush did, without timelines

I don't think Bush announced the time horizon to follow Obama. Bush never cared what people thought. I thought earlier you said they had the same strategy. but you're saying Obama's difference is that he's setting a specific date?

wrong again

if that's the case, where did the 16 months come from? That DOES sound familiar, actually. of course, obama may have renegged on it once he took office.

I don't think Bush announced the time horizon to follow Obama. Bush never cared what people thought. I thought earlier you said they had the same strategy. but you're saying Obama's difference is that he's setting a specific date?

I was mistaken on the "same strategy" but you guys were the ones claiming that he was following Bush's plan. Are you now saying the Obama's and Bush's plans aren't the same?

wrong again

if that's the case, where did the 16 months come from? That DOES sound familiar, actually. of course, obama may have renegged on it once he took office.

Obama said 16 months almost from the drop .... that changed to the summer of 2010.

wrong again

I know ... there were "time horizons" because the Bush admin had spent soooooo much time saying that you can't have timelines ... they needed a new buzzword.

wrong again

I know ... there were "time horizons" because the Bush admin had spent soooooo much time saying that you can't have timelines ... they needed a new buzzword.
and the "time horizons" were not DATES, but condition specific

face it, Obama has dropped his plan and adopted the Bush plan

Forum List

Back