🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Our Never-Ending "Soccer" Embarrassment

Now you know why the South American fans have ball-in-a-cup to keep them occupied during a soccer game.
Europeans get drunk and riot and North Americans have the Iphones.

A quick men vs. women question. Which famous soccer player can you take more seriously?

Alex+Morgan+FIFA+Ballon+Gala+2012+vxPz7YbxbD9x.jpg

VS.

ronaldinho.jpg

But millions of Americans DO care about soccer. Those with two-digit IQ's are crazy about American "football," but there are enclaves of soccer-mania in DC, Detroit, all over California, and elsewhere. If you add all these communities together, you would have a fairly populous "country" where soccer is at least as popular as, say, basketball.

I have nephews and neices who were playing soccer as soon as they came out of their mother's womb. They were competing as 4-year olds, going to camps. playing 11 months a year, in both school and traveling leagues. With thousands of other kids doing the same thing. Think they didn't care about soccer?

I believe that soccer in America will change with each generation.

My family is second generation soccer players/coaches/refs.
My husband played soccer all through college.

Soccer boring?
Not to the players.

And there is nothing as sweeeeeeeeeeet as watching the team work together and my youngest kicking it in the GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!

Sorry, but I liked hurting people and getting a pat on the back while playing 12 years of football. The only thing that came close was the military, where they pat you on the back for killing.

^ I'd like to see some responses for that if ya please

Leprechauns are in the pro soccer league now?
I gotz these ears from my team mates pulling hard when I was on my knees.
I'm half Romulan and half Vulcan.

Leprechauns can score 1 goal every 47 games. That qualifies them for the hall of fame.

Soccer is a great sport, but it's the fifth most popular team sport in the US as compared by professional revenues. It's growing but it's not surprising that America isn't a global power in the sport.

But millions of Americans DO care about soccer. Those with two-digit IQ's are crazy about American "football," but there are enclaves of soccer-mania in DC, Detroit, all over California, and elsewhere. If you add all these communities together, you would have a fairly populous "country" where soccer is at least as popular as, say, basketball.

I have nephews and neices who were playing soccer as soon as they came out of their mother's womb. They were competing as 4-year olds, going to camps. playing 11 months a year, in both school and traveling leagues. With thousands of other kids doing the same thing. Think they didn't care about soccer?

I believe that soccer in America will change with each generation.

My family is second generation soccer players/coaches/refs.
My husband played soccer all through college.

Soccer boring?
Not to the players.

And there is nothing as sweeeeeeeeeeet as watching the team work together and my youngest kicking it in the GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!

If your family enjoys soccer....great
Its a great game for kids to play.

But the country is never going to embrace soccer. It is not our culture. Americans will watch during the Olympics and World Cup but most people are left scratching their heads as to why it is so popular globally

Soccer is a great sport, but it's the fifth most popular team sport in the US as compared by professional revenues. It's growing but it's not surprising that America isn't a global power in the sport.

It's even further down the list if you count college and professional football and basketball separately.

Forum List

Back