🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Our Never-Ending "Soccer" Embarrassment

it can only be considered an "Embarrassment" if people actually cared about it and if it actually mattered.

it can only be considered an "Embarrassment" if people actually cared about it and if it actually mattered.

Someday, we'll look back at this type of Simon Coward and Dim Rome apathy and laugh. Golf and baseball are freaking popular in the US. Soccer is on its upward trend. Insecure people can't handle that.

Are you also going to start complaining that NASCAR is more popular in the US than F1 too?

I think you need to accept reality.

Oh, I accepted that you're a dick a long time ago.

That's just super. Enjoy your boring, no-score, jog-ball then. The vast majority of Americans will NOT.

I don't even know what jog-ball is. I know you don't see fatties in soccer like other sports though. That aside, I'm not going to start trashing all the other sports. They all have their merit. People that minimize the value of soccer though aren't smart enough to appreciate the nuances of the beautiful game.

The reason you have a 'competition' is to determine a winner and a loser. Otherwise don't bother to play. Just watch each other practice and then exchange compliments and pats on the back. :rolleyes:

There are games either so horribly contested or, in contrast, so evenly contested, that there simply doesn't deserve to be a winner or a loser based on the run of play because neither side has done enough. If that's true, then draws are exactly the right result and they make sense with soccer.

Bullshit. You compete to determine a winner and a loser. It says a lot about what's wrong with soccer that fans pretend to go crazy over it but don't understand the spirit of competition.

What I believe he meant by this is the time limit of the game.
What the score is @ the end of the time is it!
No 10th innings or OT because of a tie.

People that minimize the value of soccer though aren't smart enough to appreciate the nuances of the beautiful game.

The point being that most Americans don't and WON'T consider soccer "beautiful" or interesting.

That's not the point. The point is that you are a hater who thinks it's somehow cool to diminish a great game.

Is it being a hater if you diminish a game you don't think is great? :eusa_whistle:

People that minimize the value of soccer though aren't smart enough to appreciate the nuances of the beautiful game.

The point being that most Americans don't and WON'T consider soccer "beautiful" or interesting.

That's not the point. .

That's the entire point. Anything you imagine beyond that is merely a product of the fact that you have - for some strange reason - emotionally invested yourself in jog-ball and feel you must defend your precious one.

That's not the point. The point is that you are a hater who thinks it's somehow cool to diminish a great game.

Let Soccer stand or fail on its own merits

If it is a great game, Americans will flock to it for entertainment. As it is, Soccer sits behind Football, Baseball, Basketball, NASCAR, Golf, Tennis, UFC, Hockey in American sports

If it is a great game, Americans will flock to it for entertainment. As it is, Soccer sits behind Football, Baseball, Basketball, NASCAR, Golf, Tennis, UFC, Hockey in American sports

UFC? Don't be silly.

25 million Americans have watched a World Cup final. I'm pretty sure a UFC bout hasn't attracted 25 million Americans.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...e-in-u-s-tv-history-draws-24-3-million/56860/

UFC? Don't be silly.

25 million Americans have watched a World Cup final. I'm pretty sure a UFC bout hasn't attracted 25 million Americans.

2010 World Cup Final Is Most Watched Soccer Game in U.S. TV History, Draws 24.3 Million - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

That's like saying that diving is more popular because lots of people watch some of it when the Olympics come around every four years. On a regular basis, the UFC is viewed by far more Americans than soccer.

UFC? Don't be silly.

2010 World Cup Final Is Most Watched Soccer Game in U.S. TV History, Draws 24.3 Million - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

The World Cup happens every four years which is about how often Americans pretend to watch soccer

I hate UFC but week in, week out it draws more interest in this country than soccer

UFC? Don't be silly.

That's like saying that diving is more popular because lots of people watch some of it when the Olympics come around every four years. On a regular basis, the UFC is viewed by far more Americans than soccer.

25 million Americans viewing anything is a big deal, no matter how you spin it.

UFC and MLS revenues are roughly the same, with UFC a bit higher. But add in the revenues generated from the English Premiership, the World Cup, the Gold Cup and the viewership on the Spanish media and soccer easily surpasses UFC.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back