Oust Speaker McCarthy vs Expel Matt Gaetz or both.

Pah! I saw this coming in 2020 when I made this meme. :rolleyes-41:

economynpc.jpg

The economy was shutting down before Biden even took office. The inflation bubble was about to burst before Biden took office. (There was no avoiding that) The oil bust cycle was well under way before Biden took office.

Obviously Biden is a moron and didn't know how to handle any of it. But to put all the blame on Biden for any of the above is insane.

You can't admit Trump lost the election
Link?
and there was no fraud
There was fraud. You can’t admit that.
and you want to talk about disinformation??
Yes. Because it is your sole stock in trade.
You have no clue what fact and fiction is.
False. I do. I suspect you do, too. You just don’t give a damn. You filthy propagandist are like that.
Gaetz is shady AF

No evidence supports your bullshit.
and is another GOP pedophile hiding in the party.
That’s a crappy and dishonest thing to say especially with no evidence. But integrity ain’t your thing.

What would be the grounds to expel Gaetz?

Gaetz has every right to insist on a vote to remove McCarthy from the Speaker's podium. McCarthy agreed to that as part of becoming Speaker. But the GOP has no grounds to expel McCarthy from the House, nor to expel Gaetz.

I know that sounds like a fair tit for tat to a person with that mentality, but expulsion and removal from Speakership are two different things.
The ethics committee inquiry might kick Gaetz out:

Motion to table just failed. Now bloviating before a new vote to get rid of McCarthy IIRC.

Gaetz has put it in motion. Putting the dis in dysfunction.

But there exists a growing move to deal with Gaetz:

I wonder if both things could happen.

link: MSN

Newt!!! The hypocrite speaks, but he does make a good point. He should know. His personal experience(s) are mimicked by Gaetz.

Opinion Newt Gingrich: Republicans must expel Matt Gaetz
By Newt Gingrich
October 3, 2023

Newt Gingrich, a Republican from Georgia, was speaker of the House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) is an anti-Republican who has become actively destructive to the conservative movement.

Drama has filled the halls of Congress for 234 years. Bringing together a group of 435 strong-willed personalities guarantees conflict, and it has always been a tumultuous body. But some behavior crosses the line — and when it does, there has to be consequences.

Gaetz obviously hates House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) — and that’s fine. If Gaetz were simply a loudmouthed junior member who attacked McCarthy every day, that would be fine, too. He would just be isolated with a small group of lawmakers who can’t figure out how to get things done. They’d huddle together seeking warmth and reassurance from their fellow incompetents.

But Gaetz has gone beyond regular drama. He is destroying the House GOP’s ability to govern and draw a sharp contrast with the policy disasters of the Biden administration.

Former House speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), a liberal Democrat with whom I disagree on almost everything, perfectly captured Gaetz’s childish behavior in an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper on Sunday. Gaetz “has no sway” or influence in Congress, Pelosi said, “except to get on TV and to raise money on the internet.” Pelosi told Tapper he was “wasting [his] time on that guy.”

But Gaetz has gone beyond regular drama. He is destroying the House GOP’s ability to govern and draw a sharp contrast with the policy disasters of the Biden administration.

Former House speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), a liberal Democrat with whom I disagree on almost everything, perfectly captured Gaetz’s childish behavior in an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper on Sunday. Gaetz “has no sway” or influence in Congress, Pelosi said, “except to get on TV and to raise money on the internet.” Pelosi told Tapper he was “wasting [his] time on that guy.”

Gaetz has 4 votes plus his own...this will go nowhere.

I'm far more concerned about the contraction of the money supply.
:auiqs.jpg: Yet he's part of the tail wagging the dog. Conservatives have become pathetic.

Yet you people make AOC and her squad out to be so powerful and representative of the Democrats in the House.

Nancy Pelosi summed it all up when she told a reporter 'They have their four votes.' Nancy Pelosi is a real leader.

So far the Democrats appear to be siding against McCarthy as well. They are doing a verbal count, so I don't know most of who's who. Why they don't use their little voting buttons for this ...sheesh.

So far the Democrats appear to be siding against McCarthy as well. They are doing a verbal count, so I don't know most of who's who. Why they don't use their little voting buttons for this ...sheesh.

For the same reason that they poll a jury after a criminal verdict.

Forum List

Back