Outrage at Nevada school forces apology

Child abuse sending your kid to public school these days.
Most child abuse per capita occurs in home schooling.
More Leftard bullshit. Public schools are filled with Marxist teachers brainwashing young minds, gangbangers raping and pillaging, etc etc. Teachers of critical thinking suspending a 5 year old for a sandwich shaped like a gun. What a joke.
What a joke that you opine, offer no empirical evidence, then whine when caught out.
65% of Los Angeles high school kids could not graduate last year. Stick that in your empirical evidence file.
That is your opinion only. Most home schooled kids cannot creatively think and have to be taught how to do so in college.

Child abuse sending your kid to public school these days.
Most child abuse per capita occurs in home schooling.
More Leftard bullshit. Public schools are filled with Marxist teachers brainwashing young minds, gangbangers raping and pillaging, etc etc. Teachers of critical thinking suspending a 5 year old for a sandwich shaped like a gun. What a joke.
What a joke that you opine, offer no empirical evidence, then whine when caught out.
65% of Los Angeles high school kids could not graduate last year. Stick that in your empirical evidence file.
That is your opinion only. Most home schooled kids cannot creatively think and have to be taught how to do so in college.
More leftist bullshit from Mr Emperical Evidence. I know dozens of home schooled kids and every one of them has a hundred times the social and creative skills of home schooled kids.

You freaks don't like home schooling because you can't dumb these kids down with your Marxist anti American bullshit.

More leftist bullshit from Mr Emperical Evidence. I know dozens of home schooled kids and every one of them has a hundred times the social and creative skills of home schooled kids. You freaks don't like home schooling because you can't dumb these kids down with your Marxist anti American bullshit.
That's merely your opinion, nothing more.

More leftist bullshit from Mr Emperical Evidence. I know dozens of home schooled kids and every one of them has a hundred times the social and creative skills of home schooled kids. You freaks don't like home schooling because you can't dumb these kids down with your Marxist anti American bullshit.
From all you have is opinion. 65% of LA high schoolers not graduating is FACT.

Again, you need to be wearing a big red nose and those great big shoes before you post anything by Allen West. I think it's state law.

I guess he forgot that Allen West served his country in uniform and obviously doesn't know anything.

Again, you need to be wearing a big red nose and those great big shoes before you post anything by Allen West. I think it's state law.

You just can't believe a word a black man says can you? Repeating it merely reaffirms that you are a racist prick

Everybody knows West is that idiot that got kicked out of the military for being a psycho bitch. You are right. He doesn't know anything.

You don't get to be a Lt Colonel in the Army if you don't know anything. He made a mistake and was allowed to retire at his permanent rank. That is not the same as being kicked out. You don't like him because he is a conservative black man and you might as well admit it. Everyone that criticizes one of Obama's policies is always labeled a racist, so turnabout is fair play

Than post that evidence. Your word is not good. And this is why.

Los Angeles Unified School District on Friday reported a huge rise in its graduation rate, but left out the students most at risk of not making it to commencement ceremonies.

The district's graduation rate of 77% for the 2013-14 school year was 12 percentage points better than last year, the largest one-year increase under a tracking system that dates from the 2006-07 school year.

The improvement is especially impressive because ongoing statistical gains typically become more difficult to sustain and surpass year after year.

Moreover, the improvement belies the presumption that many of the best students have left the nation's second-largest school system for independently run charter schools. If that is the case, the district may be doing better overall with the students left behind, according to these figures. This progress also occurred during a period of budget cuts caused by the economic recession.

John Deasy hailed "a historic high."

"I am grateful for the work that our teachers, administrators and staff have accomplished," Deasy said. "I am also exceedingly proud of our nearly 25,000 graduates."

He said the rate could rise further once it is updated to include students who completed requirements in summer school.

But the good news comes with a substantial caveat. The rate is calculated based on students enrolled in comprehensive high schools, and it leaves out students who transfer to alternative programs — which frequently include those most at risk of dropping out.

Related: Business, civic leaders call on L.A. school board to retain John Deasy
For example, Bernstein Senior High in Hollywood had a graduation rate of 62%; Alonzo, the "option" school on the corner of that property, had a graduation rate of 5.2%. Santee Education Complex, south of downtown, had a rate of 68%; Kahlo High School, the alternative campus on its perimeter, had a rate of 10%.

Once the alternative campuses are factored in, L.A. Unified's rate drops to 67% — much less impressive but still surpassing what the district has accomplished in recent history. The previous year's rate of 65% also did not include students in such programs.

In the past, graduation rates have been subject to extreme manipulation, although that is less likely under current methods of record-keeping.

"We continue to move closer to our goal," Deasy said. "The results keep getting better and better."

The statewide graduation rate is 80% for 2012-13, the most recent year available.

The latest figures bring new information to the debate over Deasy's future. The Times reported this week that a majority on the Board of Education has asked its attorneys to discuss a possible departure agreement with Deasy, a polarizing figure on the local and national education scene.

Statistics commonly considered for evaluating progress, including test scores, have moved upward during his tenure. Deasy has acted aggressively on many fronts, especially so-called teacher quality efforts. His administrators have fired more teachers, forced more into retirement and retained fewer new instructors. He's also launched a new evaluation system, which the teachers union contends was put in place without legally required input from teachers.

Fuller said that some lower-profile efforts may be driving much of the graduation gains. The district has concentrated on making high schools smaller and more nurturing. He also noted the district's attempts to portray college as attainable and expected for minority students.

"It may be that we're effectively elevating expectations that college is a real option," Fuller said. "And students are trying harder to get there."

He said outside demographic trends also could play a role, such as higher education levels for Latino parents or changes in immigration patterns.

Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times

Than post that evidence. Your word is not good.
You post the evidence, you're the one rambling crap.
The home schooling boom speaks for itself how good public schools are.

Than post that evidence. Your word is not good.
You post the evidence, you're the one rambling crap.
The home schooling boom speaks for itself how good public schools are.
I posted the evidence before you posted your silliness.

STFU, you wanks. It's a writing prompt, meaning that the students can agree or disagree with it. That's the American way. You reactionary far right fascists want to control thought. Won't happen. Trump won't be elected either.
Don't be mad at us just because your left wing political beliefs are offensive to most people.
You simply want to control free speech, and you are enraged that you can't and never will. :lol:

PC police :badgrin:

Than post that evidence. Your word is not good. And this is why.

Los Angeles Unified School District on Friday reported a huge rise in its graduation rate, but left out the students most at risk of not making it to commencement ceremonies.

The district's graduation rate of 77% for the 2013-14 school year was 12 percentage points better than last year, the largest one-year increase under a tracking system that dates from the 2006-07 school year.

The improvement is especially impressive because ongoing statistical gains typically become more difficult to sustain and surpass year after year.

Moreover, the improvement belies the presumption that many of the best students have left the nation's second-largest school system for independently run charter schools. If that is the case, the district may be doing better overall with the students left behind, according to these figures. This progress also occurred during a period of budget cuts caused by the economic recession.

John Deasy hailed "a historic high."

"I am grateful for the work that our teachers, administrators and staff have accomplished," Deasy said. "I am also exceedingly proud of our nearly 25,000 graduates."

He said the rate could rise further once it is updated to include students who completed requirements in summer school.

But the good news comes with a substantial caveat. The rate is calculated based on students enrolled in comprehensive high schools, and it leaves out students who transfer to alternative programs — which frequently include those most at risk of dropping out.

Related: Business, civic leaders call on L.A. school board to retain John Deasy
For example, Bernstein Senior High in Hollywood had a graduation rate of 62%; Alonzo, the "option" school on the corner of that property, had a graduation rate of 5.2%. Santee Education Complex, south of downtown, had a rate of 68%; Kahlo High School, the alternative campus on its perimeter, had a rate of 10%.

Once the alternative campuses are factored in, L.A. Unified's rate drops to 67% — much less impressive but still surpassing what the district has accomplished in recent history. The previous year's rate of 65% also did not include students in such programs.

In the past, graduation rates have been subject to extreme manipulation, although that is less likely under current methods of record-keeping.

"We continue to move closer to our goal," Deasy said. "The results keep getting better and better."

The statewide graduation rate is 80% for 2012-13, the most recent year available.

The latest figures bring new information to the debate over Deasy's future. The Times reported this week that a majority on the Board of Education has asked its attorneys to discuss a possible departure agreement with Deasy, a polarizing figure on the local and national education scene.

Statistics commonly considered for evaluating progress, including test scores, have moved upward during his tenure. Deasy has acted aggressively on many fronts, especially so-called teacher quality efforts. His administrators have fired more teachers, forced more into retirement and retained fewer new instructors. He's also launched a new evaluation system, which the teachers union contends was put in place without legally required input from teachers.

Fuller said that some lower-profile efforts may be driving much of the graduation gains. The district has concentrated on making high schools smaller and more nurturing. He also noted the district's attempts to portray college as attainable and expected for minority students.

"It may be that we're effectively elevating expectations that college is a real option," Fuller said. "And students are trying harder to get there."

He said outside demographic trends also could play a role, such as higher education levels for Latino parents or changes in immigration patterns.

Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times
ROTFLMAO!
You know WHY the LA graduation rate went up 12%????

THEY STOPPED GIVING THE FINAL TEST FOR GRADUATION!

LAUSD graduation rates rise after exit exam is eliminated

Indoctrination is making g kids say the pledge every day. No? Food for thought. My 4 kids said it every day k thru 12. Is that not indoctrination you indoctrination dufuses?

Did reciting he Pledge of Allegiance make them want to go out and kill a cop?

^^ Someone doesnt know what Indoctrination means ^^

And there are those that consider the pledge harmful to young minds.

^^ Someone ELSE doesnt know the meaning of Indoctrination ^^

Indoctrination is making g kids say the pledge every day. No? Food for thought. My 4 kids said it every day k thru 12. Is that not indoctrination you indoctrination dufuses?

There is good indoctrination and there is bad indoctrination. What is your point?

I guess he forgot that Allen West served his country in uniform and obviously doesn't know anything.

You just can't believe a word a black man says can you? Repeating it merely reaffirms that you are a racist prick

Everybody knows West is that idiot that got kicked out of the military for being a psycho bitch. You are right. He doesn't know anything.

You don't get to be a Lt Colonel in the Army if you don't know anything. He made a mistake and was allowed to retire at his permanent rank. That is not the same as being kicked out. You don't like him because he is a conservative black man and you might as well admit it. Everyone that criticizes one of Obama's policies is always labeled a racist, so turnabout is fair play

He was given the choice of quit or be fired. His skin color is not why West is known to be an idiot.

There is good indoctrination and there is bad indoctrination. What is your point?

Good and bad is relative...We're simply discussing the definition of words here. Indoctrination happens all the time

He was given the choice of quit or be fired. His skin color is not why West is known to be an idiot.

What about Lt Col West is it that makes him an idiot?

Full Definition of idiot

1: usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
2: a foolish or stupid person

What about Lt Col West is it that makes him an idiot?

Full Definition of idiot

1: usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
2: a foolish or stupid person

The following examples fit both of those definitions.

Forum List

Back