Outrageous And Uncalled For: Harriet Tubman Wins Vote For Possible Face On $20 Bill

Like I said further up the thread.............My first hope for the 20 was Rosa Parks, because she did quite a bit to advance the black people of this nation towards equality, and Harriet Tubman was my second choice.

But............upon further consideration, I think Ms. Tubman probably did as much, if not more, to advance black people on the path towards freedom and equality.

Besides.................we change our coins on a regular basis (wanna talk about the new pennies and quarters), so why can't we go ahead and mix it up on occasion with our paper money?

However................when the 20's change, I feel sorry for our troops overseas, because they're going to have to explain the change. True story...............we had stopped in Palma Mallorca one time, shortly after the 100 dollar bill was updated with all the new security measures, and I took 3 100 dollar bills to the local bank exchange to be turned into Pesetas. Well, the clerk took my money, gave me a funny look and told me to wait. About 3 min. later, a cop comes in and asks me where I got the money, and if I was a counterfeiter or not. I told him no, and he then grabbed one of the 100 dollar bills and took it down the street to a major bank to be verified. 15 min later, he came back, told me I could take my money back or exchange it if I wanted and that things were okay.

Sometimes money exchanges overseas get a bit skittish when they see something new.

Like I said further up the thread.............My first hope for the 20 was Rosa Parks, because she did quite a bit to advance the black people of this nation towards equality, and Harriet Tubman was my second choice.

But............upon further consideration, I think Ms. Tubman probably did as much, if not more, to advance black people on the path towards freedom and equality.

Besides.................we change our coins on a regular basis (wanna talk about the new pennies and quarters), so why can't we go ahead and mix it up on occasion with our paper money?

However................when the 20's change, I feel sorry for our troops overseas, because they're going to have to explain the change. True story...............we had stopped in Palma Mallorca one time, shortly after the 100 dollar bill was updated with all the new security measures, and I took 3 100 dollar bills to the local bank exchange to be turned into Pesetas. Well, the clerk took my money, gave me a funny look and told me to wait. About 3 min. later, a cop comes in and asks me where I got the money, and if I was a counterfeiter or not. I told him no, and he then grabbed one of the 100 dollar bills and took it down the street to a major bank to be verified. 15 min later, he came back, told me I could take my money back or exchange it if I wanted and that things were okay.

Sometimes money exchanges overseas get a bit skittish when they see something new.
I'm just pissed it's another christian on our bill....

Okay then Superman1929, what non-Christian would you suggest that has contributed greatly towards the betterment of this nation who is female?

Remember.............the whole reason for this was to get a woman on some of our paper currency.

Okay then Superman1929, what non-Christian would you suggest that has contributed greatly towards the betterment of this nation who is female?

Remember.............the whole reason for this was to get a woman on some of our paper currency.
I honestly can't think of a woman that has contributed anything to society when you compare with great men. I rarely recognize anything women do because relatively the accomplishments are insignificant... but this doesn't change the fact that this is more national religion bullshit.

I honestly can't think of a woman that has contributed anything to society when you compare with great men. I rarely recognize anything women do because relatively the accomplishments are insignificant... but this doesn't change the fact that this is more national religion bullshit.

Many women have done many great things for this country. Amelia Ehrhart, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Susan B. Anthony, just to name a few.

And yes.....................I DO pay attention to the accomplishments of women. Why? So I can learn from them and possibly come up with new ideas of my own.

Many women have done many great things for this country. Amelia Ehrhart, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Susan B. Anthony, just to name a few.

And yes.....................I DO pay attention to the accomplishments of women. Why? So I can learn from them and possibly come up with new ideas of my own.

This pretty much wraps up my opinions... If you have to pull out a separate measure to make someone seem great then they aren't great.

Earhart- first woman to fly across the Atlantic.
Tubman- she did somethings but nothing all that impressive. I'd rather vote for someone who cured a disease or made a technological breakthrough.
Rosa Parks- literally did nothing.
Susan B. Anthony- another pathetic man hating feminist civil rights activist.

My point is none of them did shit worthy of putting them on the bill other than just for the sake of putting a woman on the bill. It's about time the US starts idolizing intelligence instead of a bunch of social reformers.

It's not so much a separate measure to make someone seem great.

They are being rewarded for the greatness they've already displayed.
Relative to men it's insignificant is my point. People wonder why the US is behind when we continually lower our standards on everything.

Forum List

Back