Outrageous! Boomers overlooking Gen Z superstars with pronouns in the job market

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
According to a new report from Business.com, a business resource platform, over 80% of nonbinary people believe that identifying as nonbinary would hurt their job search.

Similarly, 51% believe their gender identity has affected their workplace experience “very or somewhat negatively.”

Resumes including 'they/them' pronouns are more likely to be overlooked, new report finds

Can you be enough of a "superstar" to offset the load of drama and bullshit you bring with you?

I figure the answer is 99.9% of the time no. Good decision making on the boomer's part is all that it is as they see them as a major liability with a high potential for disruption in the workplace.

Welcome to the real world snowflakes.

According to a new report from Business.com, a business resource platform, over 80% of nonbinary people believe that identifying as nonbinary would hurt their job search.

Similarly, 51% believe their gender identity has affected their workplace experience “very or somewhat negatively.”

Resumes including 'they/them' pronouns are more likely to be overlooked, new report finds

Can you be enough of a "superstar" to offset the load of drama and bullshit you bring with you?

I figure the answer is 99.9% of the time no. Good decision making on the boomer's part is all that it is as they see them as a major liability with a high potential for disruption in the workplace.

It just shows that you are a high drama, high maintenance person in general, and you aren't worth the potential headaches.

It's not just boomers probably thinking this, GenX probably sees this as a headache as well.

If you look and act insane, it does little for ones' job prospects.

Getting facial tattoos is another no-no. Few people really feel comfortable with a fellow with tear drops tattooed on his face as their banker, surgeon or Lexus salesman.

It just shows that you are a high drama, high maintenance person in general, and you aren't worth the potential headaches.

It's not just boomers probably thinking this, GenX probably sees this as a headache as well.
Yeah, I suspect it's Gen X that is making most of the hiring decisions now given that rafts of boomers are either retired or have moved up the corporate ladder to the point they don't deal with such things anymore.

Hell, even Gen X is getting long in the tooth now.

Yeah, I suspect it's Gen X that is making most of the hiring decisions now given that rafts of boomers are either retired or have moved up the corporate ladder to the point they don't deal with such things anymore.

Hell, even Gen X is getting long in the tooth now.

Yep, the top end is in their 50's the lower end just hit their 40's.

I saw a guy get out of a car with a "Desert Storm Veteran" plate, and was shocked at how old he was, like how old Vietnam vets were when I was in College.

You'd think that would be a clue.

I'd never hire a they/them with 20 pounds of facial hardware and rainbow hair.

I wonder how many decades it will take for them to just jettison this bullshit.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that business owners want nothing to do with seriously delusional & mentally deranged freakazoids that are not an asset in any way.
I wouldn't put up with a gender bender & the psycho sexual fantasies that dominate their every waking moment.

If the freaks, geeks & tweaks want jobs, let them start a co-op that caters to other demented pervs.
Hopefully, all in blue states

If I was hiring someone and during interviews if someone said they were some pronoun or referred to themselves as she or he I would not hire them even if they were highly qualified.

If I meet someone in my life that uses pronouns I automatically discount them and tend to not invest anything in them.

If you use a pronoun or present yourself as someone who believes in some kind of social agendas like BLM then I want absolutely nothing to do with you at all.

Seemed to have worked out well for much of the Biden administration .. the most diverse on sexual preference / identity... and underqualified group

Why in the name of God are they putting their “pronouns” in a resume anyways?

How does that even work? I mean, unless they refer to themselves in the second person, the only pronouns one would use is “I”.

Are they creating a “please refer to me as they/them” section for their resumes? Apart from everything else, that just seems incredibly self centered.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that business owners want nothing to do with seriously delusional & mentally deranged freakazoids that are an asset in any way.
I wouldn't put up with a gender bender & the psycho sexual fantasies that dominate their every waking moment.

If the freaks, geeks & tweaks want jobs, let them start a co-op that caters to other demented pervs.
Hopefully, all in blue states

I had no choice but to shop at the organic food coop in the small town I moved from in Western WA State, so I had to deal with them every day, but now, in the Midwest, the folks that work in the coop places here are far more normal looking and far less sullen.

It was amazing how pissy they got away with being in WA state, but then not for long. Huge turnover.

How does that even work? I mean, unless they refer to themselves in the second person, the only pronouns one would use is “I”.

Are they creating a “please refer to me as they/them” section for their resumes? Apart from everything else, that just seems incredibly self centered.

When I worked in a transitional housing program for homeless women in Seattle, in 1995-97, one of the women who lived there, a very militant lesbian, changed her name legally to a male name. After the court date to do so, she stood up in a house meeting and announced that she thought she was being generous by giving her housemates a month to adjust, and that at the end of that time, they had better be calling her by her preferred new name.

Everybody stopped talking to her.

To avoid the risk of offending the new pronoun-obsessed, we need to simply stop talking to them.

I was trying to figure that out myself.....I guess my mentality is not freakish enough to fathom it. :dunno:

use-a-pronoun-insane-v0-c75qxlsiamja1.jpg

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

When they start demanding their bosses change their speech patterns, the next thing you know, they'll start demanding that their new bosses start changing their shift start/end times, amount of personal time off and pay raise schedules.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

Forum List

Back