Outrageous: Sasha And Malia Obama Wear $20,000 Dresses To State Dinner Paid For By You, The Taxpayer

What's so fabulous about them? They've never done anything spectacular. Their nothing more than children of ultimate privilege.

Agree. They're so "fabulous," they attend private school when the rest of the "minions" attend the filth/shit public school system in D.C., of which Obama hasn't done JACK SHIT to improve. Pathetic.

Didn't realize Obama now sits on the DC school board

He gets more powerful every day

Yeah, that's scary

What's so fabulous about them? They've never done anything spectacular. Their nothing more than children of ultimate privilege.

Agree. They're so "fabulous," they attend private school when the rest of the "minions" attend the filth/shit public school system in D.C., of which Obama hasn't done JACK SHIT to improve. Pathetic.

When did Obama become the Mayor of Washington D.C.?

You'd rather they not attend state dinners or you'd rather they attend in rags?

So the choice is either rags or a $20,000 dress?

What did other dresses at the state dinner cost?
How many were off the rack?

I don't know and it's not relevant. She said the choice was either rags or a $20,000 dress. Her false dichotomy is what I am addressing

It is relevant

A state dinner is a highly formal affair...what would you consider their "budget"?

You sound more and more like Stephanie every day

The story doesn't say that the tax payer paid for the Obama Girls dresses (if they did use tax payer money that would be theft) , the headline is saying (in a very misleading way) that the STATE DINNER was paid for by the tax payers (which it was) so the fact that his daughters attended a State Dinner is NO BIG DEAL, it's quite common for the Children of World "Leaders" to attend State Dinners like this.

Of course if I had my way all State Dinners in the United States would take place at McDonalds and the pricks would be forced to eat happy meals but that's a whole 'nother subject.

The OP's link is a bullshit story which is simply a repost of a Yahoo story with a very misleading headline slapped on to it.
Not one of Steve's better parody efforts, but generally his comedy gold.
Like urine....

I don't know and it's not relevant. She said the choice was either rags or a $20,000 dress. Her false dichotomy is what I am addressing

It is relevant

A state dinner is a highly formal affair...what would you consider their "budget"?

An outfit less than $20,000.

It is relevant

Show me

If the average woman at a state dinner wears a dress that costs less than $200, you may have a case that they are being ostentatious

If the average woman wears a designer dress, why shouldn't the first family dress accordingly?

Impromptu state dinner invitation? Here's what to wear.

You said Dick.

It is relevant

Show me

If the average woman at a state dinner wears a dress that costs less than $200, you may have a case that they are being ostentatious

If the average woman wears a designer dress, why shouldn't the first family dress accordingly?

I am an average woman------I have never owned a dress that cost $ 200
It seems clear to me that I ain't goin' to no "STATE DINNERS" -------
I wonder how much those dresses will go for when they hit the THRIFT STORE?

Show me

If the first family is using their own money then I don't care what they spend. If they are spending the taxpayers money then I don't care what other people there are spending on themselves, they need to be good stewards of our nation's finances. I don't believe we've yet established who paid for it. I would remind you that the largesse of the French monarchy is what kicked off the Revolution.

But again, none of this matters because I was addressing Dhara's claim that the choice is either one extreme or the other. Why you can't wrap your head around that is beyond me.

Just pointing out yet facts.

Obama could afford a ticket to the convention before he became senator. Now he has a $42 million estate in Hawaii, and a $900k place in Chicago he never uses.

Can you back the '42 million dollar estate' thing with actual evidence? Or do we just lump that with the unicorn hooves and phoenix feathers?

He's robbing us blind. He's planning going on staying in Washington, so he has to buy a mansion in DC. Plus he gets Secret Service protection for life. He's gonna need it if he continues what he's started in the White House. He's become an albatross around our necks we'll have to pay for from here on out.

And how is he 'robbing us blind'? Specifically.
He takes office with $9-10 trillion in debt and currently he owes us and China $19.5 trillion.

That's stealing from our retirement, stealing from our future.

So you've just abandoned that 42 million dollar estate horseshit entirely, I see. After using it as evidence that he's 'robbing us blind'.

It doesn't take much to send you running from your claims.
Nope. He has an estate that was purchased for him in Oahu that costs $42 million. The property taxes alone is more than he earns.

And who says that he had an estate purchased for him in Oahu?

There's you, apparently citing yourself. And who else?

Obama doesn't even own an estate in Oahu. He rents a winter home in Oahu for about $3,500 a night, but pays out of pocket.

Inside the Obama's luxurious Hawaii vacation rental

It is relevant

Show me

Because they aren't royalty.

I looked online and you can get some really beautiful dresses for girls under $500.

Can you back the '42 million dollar estate' thing with actual evidence? Or do we just lump that with the unicorn hooves and phoenix feathers?

And how is he 'robbing us blind'? Specifically.
He takes office with $9-10 trillion in debt and currently he owes us and China $19.5 trillion.

That's stealing from our retirement, stealing from our future.

So you've just abandoned that 42 million dollar estate horseshit entirely, I see. After using it as evidence that he's 'robbing us blind'.

It doesn't take much to send you running from your claims.
Nope. He has an estate that was purchased for him in Oahu that costs $42 million. The property taxes alone is more than he earns.

And who says that he had an estate purchased for him in Oahu?

There's you, apparently citing yourself. And who else?

Obama doesn't even own an estate in Oahu. He rents a winter home in Oahu for about $3,500 a night, but pays out of pocket.

Inside the Obama's luxurious Hawaii vacation rental

sheeeesh $3,500 per NIGHT? I have a house------can I rent it out for
$ 3,500 per NIGHT------I would recover the WHOLE cost of the house in less
thana month------way less

Show me

If the first family is using their own money then I don't care what they spend. If they are spending the taxpayers money then I don't care what other people there are spending on themselves, they need to be good stewards of our nation's finances. I don't believe we've yet established who paid for it. I would remind you that the largesse of the French monarchy is what kicked off the Revolution.

But again, none of this matters because I was addressing Dhara's claim that the choice is either one extreme or the other. Why you can't wrap your head around that is beyond me.

Who ever said the taxpayer foots the bill?

You attend a state dinner, designer fashions are the norm. Why would we expect the first family to dress like paupers?

For a historical perspective (just so we know you are not an ODS nutjob) show some instances where the president or first lady where off the rack fashion for a state dinner?

It is relevant

Show me

Because they aren't royalty.

I looked online and you can get some really beautiful dresses for girls under $500.

Foghorn_Leghorn_laughing.gif

Option #1: Obama's paid for it.

Option #2: Taxpayers paid for it.

There are two other options...

Option #3: It was donated to the government**

Option #4: It was loaned for the evening.

Option #4 seems to be the real result -->> Sasha & Malia Obama: Critics Slam $20,000 State Dinner Dresses

** It is illegal for the Obama's/government agents to accept personal gifts. However dresses can be donated to the US Government and after an event they are turned over to the national archives for preservation. Many first lady dresses are on display in this way.

>>>>

If it makes you conservative whiners feel better

Under Obama, Fewer White House State Dinners

An invitation to a White House state dinner has always been one of Washington's most sought-after tickets. There's the elegant setting, VIP guests in tuxedos and designer gowns and a four-course meal served up by America's most famous kitchen.

But don't get your hopes up. President Barack Obama has held the fewest number of state dinners since Harry S. Truman, who left office 62 years ago.

Forum List

Back