Outrageous: Sasha And Malia Obama Wear $20,000 Dresses To State Dinner Paid For By You, The Taxpayer

President Obama has the most dangerous job in America. Quit crying about dresses.
Yep......he might get hit by an errant golf ball. The guys in my old unit are risking their lives in Syria, but Obama needs hazardous duty pay for the risk he takes everyday on the golf course.

There are more people plotting his death than your buddies in Syria
I seriously doubt that.

10% of Presidents have been killed on the job. How many have we lost in Syria?

Last I checked we had ONE combat death in Iraq since the action against ISIS began.
So Afghanistan doesn't exist anymore?

You know.......talking to you liars is just plain boring.

What jobs are you more likely to get killed on? There have only been 44 presidents. Four of them were assassinated, 2 more wounded.
I realize you're VAPID but I know you can't be so deranged as to think that comparing Presidents in the 19th Century to Presidents of today is an apples to apples comparison, not to mention completely ignoring the reality that the current imbecile in the White House is the most closely protected and monitored human being on the face of the planet.

Tell me what 6 year jobs have a higher death rate.
Death rate? way to change the goal posts, you said dangerous... how many Presidents have had their limbs blown off, or IED's go in their faces, or died of black lung disease, or lost an eye to a shell fragment? We need to get you down to the VA hospital so you can explain to all the combat vets how much safer their jobs are than that of the CIC in the rear with gear, maybe that little field trip will bring you back from politician worship land to reality where the rest of us live.

I cannot believe that you think President Obama's job is more dangerous than that of a cop working a beat in Inner City Chicago or a soldier patrolling the front lines in a combat zone or a fisherman risking life and limb at the mercy of mother nature, what happened? did they up your dosage from 3 tabs of LSD a day to 6?

Do 1 in 10 Chicago cops get murdered on the job?
*YAWN* let me help you out before you go on making a complete fool of yourself:

The 10 Most Dangerous Jobs In the US | Bankrate.com

The most dangerous job had a rate of 1% fatalities....The presidency has almost 10% fatalities

Logging workers
Fatality rate: 109.5 per 100,000 workers, 77 total

President
Fatality rate: 4 per 44 workers

You math is worthless. Not only are the percentages off, but it doesn't take into account the risks over time. The last death was in 63'. It has been over 50 years since the last assassination. 3 assassinations over 250 years isn't much.

There have only been 44 presidents. If there had been 100,000 presidents, 10,000 of them would have been shot on the job.

What profession is that dangerous?

If the first family is using their own money then I don't care what they spend. If they are spending the taxpayers money then I don't care what other people there are spending on themselves, they need to be good stewards of our nation's finances. I don't believe we've yet established who paid for it. I would remind you that the largesse of the French monarchy is what kicked off the Revolution.

But again, none of this matters because I was addressing Dhara's claim that the choice is either one extreme or the other. Why you can't wrap your head around that is beyond me.

Who ever said the taxpayer foots the bill?

You attend a state dinner, designer fashions are the norm. Why would we expect the first family to dress like paupers?

For a historical perspective (just so we know you are not an ODS nutjob) show some instances where the president or first lady where off the rack fashion for a state dinner?
If you mean dressing in quality clothing that your average American can afford is poverty, then so be it. All the more reason he should set an example. I'm sure whatever they pay was because of a name attached to the garments, not that it possesses magic threads. Neiman Markus, Macy's, or Nordstrom is good enough for the Obama kids in my opinion.

The President of the United States is not an average family.

State dinners have certain protocols and a dress from Macy's discount rack does not meet it
Did I say discount rack?

No.

Lying fuck

Well maybe not discount rack, but the Obama girls should look for something on sale don't you think? Maybe something discontinued from last year
No, I think if you guys are gonna claim that Obama paid for this they can go to Neiman -Markus. I'm worth roughly $1 million. I can't afford their stuff. Used to be able.
I have a pair of $300 pants from when I could, but they don't fit anymore.

Yep......he might get hit by an errant golf ball. The guys in my old unit are risking their lives in Syria, but Obama needs hazardous duty pay for the risk he takes everyday on the golf course.

There are more people plotting his death than your buddies in Syria
I seriously doubt that.

10% of Presidents have been killed on the job. How many have we lost in Syria?

Last I checked we had ONE combat death in Iraq since the action against ISIS began.
So Afghanistan doesn't exist anymore?

You know.......talking to you liars is just plain boring.

What did I lie about?

What did other dresses at the state dinner cost?
How many were off the rack?

I don't know and it's not relevant. She said the choice was either rags or a $20,000 dress. Her false dichotomy is what I am addressing

It is relevant

A state dinner is a highly formal affair...what would you consider their "budget"?

An outfit less than $20,000.

Show me

If the average woman at a state dinner wears a dress that costs less than $200, you may have a case that they are being ostentatious

If the average woman wears a designer dress, why shouldn't the first family dress accordingly?

I am an average woman------I have never owned a dress that cost $ 200
It seems clear to me that I ain't goin' to no "STATE DINNERS" -------
I wonder how much those dresses will go for when they hit the THRIFT STORE?
But do you mind/care if rich girls wear expensive dresses? I don't. They're pretty, and I appreciate pretty things, even if I can't own them.

Who ever said the taxpayer foots the bill?

You attend a state dinner, designer fashions are the norm. Why would we expect the first family to dress like paupers?

For a historical perspective (just so we know you are not an ODS nutjob) show some instances where the president or first lady where off the rack fashion for a state dinner?
If you mean dressing in quality clothing that your average American can afford is poverty, then so be it. All the more reason he should set an example. I'm sure whatever they pay was because of a name attached to the garments, not that it possesses magic threads. Neiman Markus, Macy's, or Nordstrom is good enough for the Obama kids in my opinion.

State dinners have certain protocols and a dress from Macy's discount rack does not meet it
Did I say discount rack?

No.

Lying fuck

Well maybe not discount rack, but the Obama girls should look for something on sale don't you think? Maybe something discontinued from last year
No, I think if you guys are gonna claim that Obama paid for this they can go to Neiman -Markus. I'm worth roughly $1 million. I can't afford their stuff. Used to be able.

Sasha and Malia Obama last week attended their first White House State Dinner with their parents, President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama,to honor Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

While the First Lady wore a custom Jason Wu gown, the girls opted for age-appropriate Naeem Khan dresses.

They looked stunning in the dresses loaned to them —key word “loaned”— but somehow naysayers found a problem. The “issue” concerns the fact that their embroidered appliqué gowns cost an estimated $20,000 apiece.

Would you be outraged if someone "loaned" the girls a $20,000 car?

Did I say discount rack?

No.

Lying fuck

Sasha and Malia Obama last week attended their first White House State Dinner with their parents, President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama,to honor Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

While the First Lady wore a custom Jason Wu gown, the girls opted for age-appropriate Naeem Khan dresses.

They looked stunning in the dresses loaned to them —key word “loaned”— but somehow naysayers found a problem. The “issue” concerns the fact that their embroidered appliqué gowns cost an estimated $20,000 apiece.

Once again, you guys have been telling me that Obama bought the dresses with his own money. Now you're admitting that he didn't. Yet you think your original argument holds water.

It does not.

These type girls aren't royalty despite thinking they are. We are being fleeced in the pocketbooks to support their delusions of grandeur.

Sasha and Malia Wore $20,000 Dresses to State Dinner Paid for by US Taxpayers - The Gateway Pundit
========
The DESIGNERS loan them dresses like that to get the publicity. You can bet your next welfare check that the taxpayers didn't pay for the dresses.

And if Obama did, what business is it of yours how he spends his money?

Did I say discount rack?

No.

Lying fuck

Once again, you guys have been telling me that Obama bought the dresses with his own money. Now you're admitting that he didn't. Yet you think your original argument holds water.

It does not.

Why the fuck do you care?

The girls looked absolutely beautiful

These type girls aren't royalty despite thinking they are. We are being fleeced in the pocketbooks to support their delusions of grandeur.

Sasha and Malia Wore $20,000 Dresses to State Dinner Paid for by US Taxpayers - The Gateway Pundit
========
The DESIGNERS loan them dresses like that to get the publicity. You can bet your next welfare check that the taxpayers didn't pay for the dresses.

And if Obama did, what business is it of yours how he spends his money?
Honesty for once.

However, when he's not spending his own money, but spending OUR money instead, I have every right to say something.

You'd rather they not attend state dinners or you'd rather they attend in rags?
The story doesn't say that the tax payer paid for the Obama Girls dresses (if they did use tax payer money that would be theft) , the headline is saying (in a very misleading way) that the STATE DINNER was paid for by the tax payers (which it was) so the fact that his daughters attended a State Dinner is NO BIG DEAL, it's quite common for the Children of World "Leaders" to attend State Dinners like this.

Of course if I had my way all State Dinners in the United States would take place at McDonalds and the pricks would be forced to eat happy meals but that's a whole 'nother subject.

The OP's link is a bullshit story which is simply a repost of a Yahoo story with a very misleading headline slapped on to it.
The headline is not misleading. US taxpayers paid for those dresses.
========
Prove it or admit you're a liar.

Did I say discount rack?

No.

Lying fuck

It does not.

Deflection duly noted.

Did I say discount rack?

No.

Lying fuck

It does not.

He's jealous because in his country, the women are depressingly skanky.

Forum List

Back