Outrageous: Sasha And Malia Obama Wear $20,000 Dresses To State Dinner Paid For By You, The Taxpayer

There have only been 44 presidents. If there had been 100,000 presidents, 10,000 of them would have been shot on the job.

What profession is that dangerous?
I see that your reality distortion field is still in EXCELLENT working condition. LOL, Apparently in your warped plane of existence the facts surrounding the safety, health and protection of the President of the United States have not been altered one bit since George Washington took office.

Now please stop abusing your right to be a complete fucking moron, you're making all the other complete fucking morons jealous.

The security measures prove how dangerous the job is. We give CANDIDATES security, for chrissakes.
Yeah because THEY WORK dumbass ...apparently you can't read though since I already gave you a link to the 10 most dangerous occupations in the U.S. and to the surprise of no one (except apparently YOU) being President wasn't on the list.

It's riskier to be president than to be an astronaut.
LOL! and the hits just keep on comin', apparently the depths of your vapidity has no bottom......

"Yes Mr. President you're in danger here under our constant care and protection, so we've decided to strap you to tons of explosives and launch you into orbit to keep you safe, don't worry about the whole vacuum of space, weightlessness and radiation thing, trust us, it's really safer up there." :rolleyes:

You're less likely to be killed as a Navy Seal than as a president.

There have only been 44 presidents. If there had been 100,000 presidents, 10,000 of them would have been shot on the job.

I see that your reality distortion field is still in EXCELLENT working condition. LOL, Apparently in your warped plane of existence the facts surrounding the safety, health and protection of the President of the United States have not been altered one bit since George Washington took office.

Now please stop abusing your right to be a complete fucking moron, you're making all the other complete fucking morons jealous.

The security measures prove how dangerous the job is. We give CANDIDATES security, for chrissakes.
Yeah because THEY WORK dumbass ...apparently you can't read though since I already gave you a link to the 10 most dangerous occupations in the U.S. and to the surprise of no one (except apparently YOU) being President wasn't on the list.

LOL! and the hits just keep on comin', apparently the depths of your vapidity has no bottom......

"Yes Mr. President you're in danger here under our constant care and protection, so we've decided to strap you to tons of explosives and launch you into orbit to keep you safe, don't worry about the whole vacuum of space, weightlessness and radiation thing, trust us, it's really safer up there." :rolleyes:

The most dangerous job on your list was lumberjack with a death rate of 1%
Astronauts have a death rate of 3%
The presidency has a death rate of 9%

Not even close

If a lumberjack job were more dangerous than being president, wouldn't lumberjacks have 24/7 security covering their every move?

Show me

If the average woman at a state dinner wears a dress that costs less than $200, you may have a case that they are being ostentatious

If the average woman wears a designer dress, why shouldn't the first family dress accordingly?

If the first family is using their own money then I don't care what they spend. If they are spending the taxpayers money then I don't care what other people there are spending on themselves, they need to be good stewards of our nation's finances. I don't believe we've yet established who paid for it. I would remind you that the largesse of the French monarchy is what kicked off the Revolution.

But again, none of this matters because I was addressing Dhara's claim that the choice is either one extreme or the other. Why you can't wrap your head around that is beyond me.

Who ever said the taxpayer foots the bill?

You attend a state dinner, designer fashions are the norm. Why would we expect the first family to dress like paupers?

For a historical perspective (just so we know you are not an ODS nutjob) show some instances where the president or first lady where off the rack fashion for a state dinner?
Excuse me. The point here is how can Obama afford to pay 10% of his net income on two dresses. Nevermind all the other expenses he charged to the taxpayers over the years. I can see tailoring a couple of dresses on loan to the girls so they can act richer than they are. But don't try feeding me this bullshit that Obama can afford this extravagance, and then tell me he isn't living beyond his means.

The Obama's are worth several million dollars

The designer dresses and accessories are loaned for the occasion according to existing protocols
Why even mention their net worth if they didn't buy the dresses as others have loudly professed?

Let's not forget that we're talking here about Royalty and the rules are different........

Take away the SECRET SERVICE and this would be very true, especially with Big Ears.

The most dangerous job on your list was lumberjack with a death rate of 1%
Astronauts have a death rate of 3%
The presidency has a death rate of 9%

Not even close

If a lumberjack job were more dangerous than being president, wouldn't lumberjacks have 24/7 security covering their every move?
Nope, only in the woods. I think they're safe in the city.

What's so fabulous about them? They've never done anything spectacular. Their nothing more than children of ultimate privilege.

Agree. They're so "fabulous," they attend private school when the rest of the "minions" attend the filth/shit public school system in D.C., of which Obama hasn't done JACK SHIT to improve. Pathetic.

Take away the SECRET SERVICE and this would be very true, especially with Big Ears.
oh the irony.

Show me

If the average woman at a state dinner wears a dress that costs less than $200, you may have a case that they are being ostentatious

If the average woman wears a designer dress, why shouldn't the first family dress accordingly?

If the first family is using their own money then I don't care what they spend. If they are spending the taxpayers money then I don't care what other people there are spending on themselves, they need to be good stewards of our nation's finances. I don't believe we've yet established who paid for it. I would remind you that the largesse of the French monarchy is what kicked off the Revolution.

But again, none of this matters because I was addressing Dhara's claim that the choice is either one extreme or the other. Why you can't wrap your head around that is beyond me.

You attend a state dinner, designer fashions are the norm. Why would we expect the first family to dress like paupers?

For a historical perspective (just so we know you are not an ODS nutjob) show some instances where the president or first lady where off the rack fashion for a state dinner?
Excuse me. The point here is how can Obama afford to pay 10% of his net income on two dresses. Nevermind all the other expenses he charged to the taxpayers over the years. I can see tailoring a couple of dresses on loan to the girls so they can act richer than they are. But don't try feeding me this bullshit that Obama can afford this extravagance, and then tell me he isn't living beyond his means.

The designer dresses and accessories are loaned for the occasion according to existing protocols
Why even mention their net worth if they didn't buy the dresses as others have loudly professed?

Only because YOU made this statement

Excuse me. The point here is how can Obama afford to pay 10% of his net income on two dresses

Really? how many Presidents have been killed in the last 15 years ? here's a list of Navy Seals that have been killed since the "War on Terror" began 15 years ago .. .

Navy SEAL Memorials - GWOT Memorial

I look forward to your next pronouncement with GREAT anticipation, after all it's not often that one gets the pleasure of witnessing a babbling idiot of your stature work in near real time ....

:popcorn:

The Secret Service is an imposition that we place on the First Family

We as a society cannot be trusted around them

Excuse me. The point here is how can Obama afford to pay 10% of his net income on two dresses

Not only. Mainly because your point was confused. You stated he was rich, but the dresses were loaned. If that's the case, why bring up that he's worth millions of its irrelevant?

Really? how many Presidents have been killed in the last 15 years ? here's a list of Navy Seals that have been killed since the "War on Terror" began 15 years ago .. .

I look forward to your next pronouncement with GREAT anticipation, after all it's not often that one gets the pleasure of witnessing a babbling idiot of your stature work in near real time ....

81 SEALS out of a total of 2500 active SEALS 3% fatality rate

The POTUS is at 9%

Actually, Obama signed an Executive Order making it permanent. So he wants the imposition. He ordered the imposition with an EO.

Poor little Barack.

Not only. Mainly because your point was confused. You stated he was rich, but the dresses were loaned. If that's the case, why bring up that he's worth millions of its irrelevant?
Since the dresses WERE loaned the thread's irrelevant to anything but your blinding bigotry.

You brought up how much he makes not me

The POTUS is at 9%
Okay....before it was 10%

Now it's 9%.

Make up your fucking mind.

Actually, Obama signed an Executive Order making it permanent. So he wants the imposition. He ordered the imposition with an EO.

Poor little Barack.

I do feel sorry for him...
Unable to go out in public for the rest of his life

That is a negative reflection on us, not him

The POTUS is at 9%
Okay....before it was 10%

Now it's 9%.

Make up your fucking mind.

Poor conservatives don't understand rounding off

The President of the United States is not an average family.

State dinners have certain protocols and a dress from Macy's discount rack does not meet it
Did I say discount rack?

No.

Lying fuck

Well maybe not discount rack, but the Obama girls should look for something on sale don't you think? Maybe something discontinued from last year
No, I think if you guys are gonna claim that Obama paid for this they can go to Neiman -Markus. I'm worth roughly $1 million. I can't afford their stuff. Used to be able.
I have a pair of $300 pants from when I could, but they don't fit anymore.

Sasha and Malia Obama last week attended their first White House State Dinner with their parents, President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama,to honor Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

While the First Lady wore a custom Jason Wu gown, the girls opted for age-appropriate Naeem Khan dresses.

They looked stunning in the dresses loaned to them —key word “loaned”— but somehow naysayers found a problem. The “issue” concerns the fact that their embroidered appliqué gowns cost an estimated $20,000 apiece.

Would you be outraged if someone "loaned" the girls a $20,000 car?
Once again, you guys have been telling me that Obama bought the dresses with his own money. Now you're admitting that he didn't. Yet you think your original argument holds water.

It does not.

I'm not sure, I don't want to go back and re-read the entire thread, but I think only one person said anything about the Obama family paying for their own clothes. Even then, I don't think it was a definitive claim that these dresses were paid for by Obama.

It certainly was brought up, but are you applying the argument only to those who made it, or to anyone who is arguing with you at all in the thread?

Forum List

Back