Outta Here

I am aware the definition of "******" never used to mention race, skin color, et al. It just said "a trashy person."

:lol:

Where did you learn that bull shit? The word ****** evolved from negro, which I'm pretty sure has something to do with race and skin color. :lol:

Yeah. I think that Gunny was a little confused.

Another term for a trashy person is "nasty bastard", which is commonly shortened to "nastard"...

...or commonly lengthened to "nasty motherfuckin' bastard".

Not at all. I know what I read. The definition did not mention race/ethnicity/skin color.

Gunny, do leathernecks prefer leatherneck or jarhead?

Either or. Jarhead was actually a demeaning term in reference to the "High-n-tight" haircut. We turned it to our own use.

Leatherneck is from the early 1800s when the stocks (collars) on Marine uniforms were made of leather. Some say to keep the head erect, others to protect against sword and knife cuts.

We also call each other "Devil Dogs", a name the Germans labeled Marines at the Battle of Belleau Wood in 1918 while we were kicking their asses.

They all say "Marine."

This Devil Dog story is most likely a myth, started by an American "journalist", Floyd Gibbons.
German Myth 13: Teufelshunde - Devil Dogs

.. Like many things on the Web and in history, this legend gets repeated over and over by many different people. But like many other things on the Web and in history, that doesn't mean it's true. One thing we can state with certainty is that very few accounts of this German "Devil Dogs" legend get the German right. Like many things on the Web and in history, this legend gets repeated over and over by many different people. But like many other things on the Web and in history, that doesn't mean it's true. One thing we can state with certainty is that very few accounts of this German "Devil Dogs" legend get the German right...

Wow. A whole paragraph that says nothing.

There WAS no web when I learned it. If you can disprove it, feel free; otherwise, you're just casting doubt to be a lame fuck.

The rules do not change. However, if you are under the impression myself and 5 moderators read 2000+ plus posts daily, we do not. You can always report the post and we WILL look at it.

I'm going to backpedal on my "in no context" statement as well. Some members have done it purely teasing each other, meant as nothing but humor and it has more than likely been overlooked because there's no harm no foul.

Uh huh, but you commented on the thread...you know the one about Bobo kicking Shogun's ass. But if you missed it...hey, you missed it. :eusa_whistle:

:rofl:

bobo kicking MY ass? You are one delusional negroid!

:eusa_angel:

That does sound fairly improbable... Im mean, as pathetic as you are, you're intellect stands Everest over the sub-sealevel drivel producer that imbecile spews from.

But I suppose if you came to the board, started a thread or responded to a post of bobo's, only to fall into a drug induced coma...; or say, turned off the computer to go about doing something else... I can see how she'd potentially come away with such a flawed inference; such is the nature of the dimwitted sot.

You've got to admit it is funny seeing Gunny adhere to such a PC rule.

That particular word predates PC by decades.
So does "****".

I don't really much care if either word was banned. Though I'd rather not either one.

But as far as your theory that society deems one worse than the other, I don't agree.

I hear "******" said all day long, but I have only ever heard "****" said on a few occasions.

Either or. Jarhead was actually a demeaning term in reference to the "High-n-tight" haircut. We turned it to our own use.

Leatherneck is from the early 1800s when the stocks (collars) on Marine uniforms were made of leather. Some say to keep the head erect, others to protect against sword and knife cuts.

We also call each other "Devil Dogs", a name the Germans labeled Marines at the Battle of Belleau Wood in 1918 while we were kicking their asses.

They all say "Marine."

This Devil Dog story is most likely a myth, started by an American "journalist", Floyd Gibbons.
German Myth 13: Teufelshunde - Devil Dogs

.. Like many things on the Web and in history, this legend gets repeated over and over by many different people. But like many other things on the Web and in history, that doesn't mean it's true. One thing we can state with certainty is that very few accounts of this German "Devil Dogs" legend get the German right. Like many things on the Web and in history, this legend gets repeated over and over by many different people. But like many other things on the Web and in history, that doesn't mean it's true. One thing we can state with certainty is that very few accounts of this German "Devil Dogs" legend get the German right...

Wow. A whole paragraph that says nothing.

There WAS no web when I learned it. If you can disprove it, feel free; otherwise, you're just casting doubt to be a lame fuck.

wow, how lame of you. your story has all the signs of an urban myth. don't be mad. you can still call yourself a devil dog. even if it was just made up by an embedded "journalist" who has no grasp of the german language. if you were interested, you would have read the linked story. it is more than a paragraph, though.

rock on, teufel hunden.

Seems to be a LOT of fantasizing about my freakin' skivvies in this thread. :eusa_eh:
I think Ang is speaking from experience! I think I remember you two having a cyber romance a few months back.:razz:

gaming-stoneage-computer-sex.jpg

You've got to admit it is funny seeing Gunny adhere to such a PC rule.

That particular word predates PC by decades.
So does "****".

I don't really much care if either word was banned. Though I'd rather not either one.

But as far as your theory that society deems one worse than the other, I don't agree.

I hear "******" said all day long, but I have only ever heard "****" said on a few occasions.

It's a well-established fact that your judgment in such matters is a bit lacking. The word "******" gets the users, and the site labeled racist; which, is a societal stigma that could easily kill a website.

The word "****" just gets the user labeled as a sexist pig.

THERE is your difference. I don't make the double standards, but I DO have to be aware of them. Why don't you ask society why people lose their minds over the word "******" but not "****"?

And personally, I would put BOTH words in the filter.

Forum List

Back