over 103mph fastball college base ball

When he can throw as fast as Sidd Fitch, I'll be impressed.
Some of that fake news stuff. I never did like George Plimpton. idd Finch is a fictional baseball player, the subject of the notorious April Fools' Day hoax article "The Curious Case of Sidd Finch" written by George Plimpton and first published in the April 1, 1985, issue of Sports Illustrated. According to Plimpton, Finch was raised in an English orphanage, learned yoga in Tibet, and could throw a fastball as fast as 168 miles per hour (270 km/h).

Ok. Rank amateur trying to hit a 60mph ball that a machine is throwing and attempting to get a bat on it. LOL. :auiqs.jpg:
Could swear I didn't see it.

100 mph? Can I just get a scotch to drink while I'm putting my life at risk standing in the box to take the three pitches
that I know will result in an out?

An article on a pitcher with Tennesse throwing over 100mph pitches. Video: College Baseball Pitcher Throws 103.5 Miles Per Hour I am making plans to see some college baseball since MLB is shut down. Remember his name :popcorn:
Today athletes in every sport are a lot better than the guys 30 years ago. For example nba athletes. So how come pitchers aren’t all throwing 100 plus? Pitching in the 90s is so...1990s.

A neighbor of mine was a MLB pitcher for more than a decade, and he is very emphatic about college baseball. He would not allow any of his three sons to play college ball. Said the coaches ruined more pitching arms than anyone could count. It is no coincidence that most of the top pitchers coming out of college require major arm surgery within their first three years of Pro ball. Most 300 game winners sucked until they were 25 years old, because they were brought along slowly, and weren't throwing 300 innings until they were fully mature, and knew how to pitch. Contrast that with today, when you have to get as much early production out of an outstanding arm as possible because he will be a free agent before the ink runs dry on his first big contract.

Forum List

Back