Overturning Roe Is a Radical, Not Conservative, Choice

I am anti abortion, but it's not my place to tell others how to live. ergo, pro choice.

But I also agree this should be at a state level. Feds have too much power over our lives as it is. let each state define their own idealogy.
I was first trimester pro-choice, until the roaring silence from the left in the wake of the Veritas exposure.

This isn't about choice, it's rebranded eugenics....The abortionists are plain old evil.

I don’t think fundamental rights should be determined at the state level….

What you said about pro-choice though, is the essence of what that means.
it means the same for keep your experimental shots away from me.

fundamental rights are about as local as you can be. if you don't protect them at that level, you really don't have them.

going to the feds seems to be an escalation of a decision you don't like. while I agree the right is going too far, I also feel the left has been pushing their idealogy for years.

remove this statue. we just want this one statue gone, the left said. the problem is, that was bullshit n everyone knew it but played along.

I'm sure you disagree, but what you are seeing today is a direct result of years of pushing "woke" bullshit. if I don't have a right to say you can't have an abortion, there's a lot of shit the left does to tell others how to live many don't care, because they agree.

finding agreement in views isn't a justification of them. only validation others feel that way too.

right or wrong is what you fight about. push hard one way, it eventually flips and never centralizes but goes extreme the other way.

here we go.

I was first trimester pro-choice, until the roaring silence from the left in the wake of the Veritas exposure.

This isn't about choice, it's rebranded eugenics....The abortionists are plain old evil.
I can agree neither side liked the "compromise"

so, here we are. the left has lost a ton of emotional support in their desire to shut down anything they don't like today.

they hold a weak hand moving forward and they will get uglier than they accuse others of being.

it's what children of all ages do.

I can agree neither side liked the "compromise"

so, here we are. the left has lost a ton of emotional support in their desire to shut down anything they don't like today.

they hold a weak hand moving forward and they will get uglier than they accuse others of being.

it's what children of all ages do.
Devolving power from the centralized State is always a winner in my book.

Now the task winning over hearts and minds in the various states becomes a less onerous task, than doing so under an all-or-nothing scenario at a national level.

abortion rights are not a midterm pitch. People will die before November and Democrats have the majority now.

Act. NOOOOOOOOOW

“America is a different place, with most of its population born after Roe was decided. And a decision to overturn Roe — which the court seems poised to do, according to the leak of a draft of a majority opinion from Justice Samuel Alito — would do more to replicate Roe’s damage than to reverse it.

It would be a radical, not conservative, choice.

What is conservative? It is, above all, the conviction that abrupt and profound changes to established laws and common expectations are utterly destructive to respect for the law and the institutions established to uphold it — especially when those changes are instigated from above, with neither democratic consent nor broad consensus.”

Overturning Roe is therefore repugnant to conservativism – it is radical, extreme, reckless, and irresponsible.

Radical? All it means is it's up to the states to decide if they want to allow abortion in their state. Some states will, some won't. You call that radical? Give me a break.

It's no different than some states allow marijuana and some don't, helmet laws, some kinds of traffic laws, and so on.

I don’t think fundamental rights should be determined at the state level….

What you said about pro-choice though, is the essence of what that means.

They aren't. Government curtails rights wherever it can, thus, the Founders wanted the majority of power to be with the individual states.

Makes it a lot harder for dictators to take over that way.

They aren't. Government curtails rights wherever it can, thus, the Founders wanted the majority of power to be with the individual states.

Makes it a lot harder for dictators to take over that way.
But not fundamental rights.

It’s a reactionary choice.

The idea being to go back to a time before Roe…
Hey, abortion is racist.

It disproportionately affects black women, 5 to 1.

Are you supporting modern leftist racism?

The Democratic Party does

Hey, abortion is racist.

They really are racist aren't they. "Kill blacks" should be their motto.

Overturning Roe is therefore repugnant

6faepr.jpg

Hey, abortion is racist.

Not at all. Just explaining why “reactionary” applies to this discussion rather than “radical”.

But not fundamental rights.
when did birth control become a fundamental right? the scotus as I can see is simply saying there is no constitutional basis for the federal gov making this decision.

calling something not in the constitution "fundamental" is when we start going sideways.

show me where this fundamental right exists in the bill of rights and I can work to support it.

calling something what it isn't won't work anymore. ASYLUM ruined that trick.

The Rightwing penchant overturning long established precedent and established late, for putting in political judges and creating tbe most politically activist court since FDR almost a century ago….is indeed reckless.

The Supreme Court is losing credibility as being an impartial judiciary is being eroded in the eyes of many American. This isn’t good for our country. Neither is the possible precedent of giving individual rights and then taking them away.
My god you're an idiot or the boldest liar humanly possible. Judicial activism is a leftist thing, correcting the leftist direction the court is going is not activism it's called constitutionalism.

Not sure where you stand on the abortion issue?

How about the fact that only seven countries in the world allow elective abortions after 20 weeks?

America is one of them, along with China and North Korea.

Clear enough for you?

Forum List

Back