Owning Guns Doesn't Preserve Freedom

Jon Bezerk -

If they are member of an armed gang, they are very likely to commit crimes in future - even if they have not yet done so.

I think it would be better if gang members could not buy guns. Obviously you and the NRA have a different point of view....

Jon Bezerk -

If they are member of an armed gang, they are very likely to commit crimes in future - even if they have not yet done so.

I think it would be better if gang members could not buy guns. Obviously you and the NRA have a different point of view....

then you have another totally different problem

maybe gangs need to be busted up

but surely another background check is not going to stop

that behavior

Jon -

So you do not think disarming gangs might stop "that behaviour"?

I disagree.

certainly take the guns away from them when they have them

however that has not been the practices of places like chicago

which ranks the lowest in the nation in prosecuting federal gun crimes

it is already a crime for them to have the guns in places like chicago

to begin with

until that happens it is pointless

to try lap more laws on the lawful gun owner

i disagree with you assumption

that gang members "legally" obtain their guns

i would venture that most can not legally have one

in the first place

Some do, some don't - but mos obviously can buy guns legally if they wish to.

Personally, I find the idea that no gang members own guns legally to be rather silly.

if they are felons or minors they are not buying them legally

Which does not explain to me why you are defending gangs ability to legally arm every member of their group who are not convicted felons.

It's very odd to me that the NRA position on this topic is basically one of defending gangs.

How is your position of denying them their rights because of who they hang out with better?

Jon -

there is no reason for a person to "straw purchase" firearms

for persons who can "legally" have a firearm
Exactly - so at the moment you are defnding laws which allow gangs to legally acquire weapons.

btw, pointing out the sub-literate nature of your posting is not flaming - it's merely stating a fact.

Gangs cannot legally acquire weapons, that is a lie. Individuals who have not committed felonies can, but it is illegal for them to buy guns for people they know who are felons. That proves that your goal is to keep guns out of the hands of innocent people, not gangs.

Jon Bezerk -

You think people who have not done anything wrong should be denied their rights simply because you do not like the people they associate with.

You are right that I have a different opinion. I do not know what the NRA's opinion on this is, but I would hope it is the correct one, which is mine. The only countries I know of that have different opinions of that are tyrannical governments that want to dictate the way people think.

On the other hand, I can legitimately point out that one of the most famous people who ever held this point of view is Hitler.

Jon -

I am making more sense than the person who writes

poetic forms with

words on different

lines.

And yes - you are defending the rights of gangs to arm themselves. You may not realise, but that is the game the NRA is in, and you will think what you are told to think.

Yeah, don't these foolish mortals know that they are really supposed to think what you, some pretentious foreign douchebag, tells them to think? It must be so frustrating for you. It's ridiculous to even imagine that someone might have a better sense of what is happening in their own country than some mouthy asshole from East Nowhere whose sense of self importance regularly outruns his ability to communicate in English.

Go eat your rotten fish and STFU. Like so many foreign 'experts' :rolleyes: you don't understand this country or how Americans relate to our Constitution - including the Second Amendment.

jon -

i am making more sense than the person who writes

poetic forms with

words on different

lines.

And yes - you are defending the rights of gangs to arm themselves. You may not realise, but that is the game the nra is in, and you will think what you are told to think.

yeah, don't these foolish mortals know that they are really supposed to think what you, some pretentious foreign douchebag, tells them to think? It must be so frustrating for you. It's ridiculous to even imagine that someone might have a better sense of what is happening in their own country than some mouthy asshole from east nowhere whose sense of self importance regularly outruns his ability to communicate in english.

Go eat your rotten fish and stfu. Like so many foreign 'experts' :rolleyes: You don't understand this country or how americans relate to our constitution - including the second amendment.

--lol

either they are criminals or not

which is it
So now you are defending gangs right to legally acquire guns on the basis that they are not criminals. Interesting.

Can you give me a list of gangs that are legally buying guns? Are you so stupid that you think gangs are people?

i'm still waiting for him to give me a list of the countries who have successfully kept guns out of the hands of gangs

So now you are defending gangs right to legally acquire guns on the basis that they are not criminals. Interesting.

Can you give me a list of gangs that are legally buying guns? Are you so stupid that you think gangs are people?

i'm still waiting for him to give me a list of the countries who have successfully kept guns out of the hands of gangs

still no list of gangs that legally buy firearms though "straw purchases"

--LOL

Why are you "waiting" for something you could answer yourelf?

Try South Korea, New Zealand, Australia or Belgium.

Try any country in the western world except the US.

This is not difficult stuff, you know.

Gangsters in South Korea have guns.

Gangsters in South Korea have guns.

Australia certainly has gangs with guns

such a problem that the government has "operation resound"

to deal with the problem

Vic bikie charged with firearms offences

A MEMBER of the Comancheros outlaw bikie gang has been charged with firearms offences as part of a Victoria Police crackdown on bikie violence.

The 21-year-old man was arrested as he sat in a motor vehicle at a fast food outlet car park in Clifton Hill, in Melbourne's inner north, on Thursday night.

Police say a firearm was found when the man was searched.

He is expected to face the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Forum List

Back