OWS Continues To Do Good, Buys Up 13.5 Million In Outstanding Medical Debt

the liberals on this board act like THEY were the ones who did this, while they did NOTHING...then sit here all high and mighty putting other down

you can't make this crap up...

cracks me the hell up

all posted for nothing more than hate baiting

pfeeeeesh

who gives a crap what they did?

Keep up the good work. I love how you keep making a complete ass out of yourself with every post :lol:

I was wondering what Nancy Pelosi's little darlings were up to these days.
Doing good and fighting the good fight.

Wait a second.. I feel a tear beginning to form in the corner of my eye... :eusa_boohoo:

the liberals on this board act like THEY were the ones who did this, while they did NOTHING...then sit here all high and mighty putting other down

cracks me the hell up

What's really funny is how your precious hero bankers would never dream of forgiving your debt for pennies on the dollar but will gladly sell it to other bankers for chicken feed.

I was wondering what Nancy Pelosi's little darlings were up to these days.
Doing good and fighting the good fight.

Wait a second.. I feel a tear beginning to form in the corner of my eye... :eusa_boohoo:

hey, it's the Commies hard at work...Notice they had to put out screaming meme about it...and Raw Story was just so willing to help

pathetic

I doubt very much this was accomplished by the idiots that were walking around lower Manhattan
trying to shut down a business that would not allow them access to the rest room.
This was done by the financiers of the movement.One or more of the rich that these people
are supposed to be fighting against writes a bunch of checks to prop up the image of the OWS.

Yup, the cash came from the likes of george soros, exactly the type of people the owr's were supposed to hate.

Just one more example of how two faced, hypocritical, low life trash they all are.

But no one is buying this stunt. Libtards are being played like a cheap fiddle, but they're too stupid to figure it out.

This is something you would never see in a million years from the far right. Bravo to OWS! :clap2:

For a year and a half, 80-year-old Kentucky resident Shirley Logsdon received repeated calls from a debt collection agency over an unpaid medical bill.

Then one day, out of the blue, she received a letter saying the $983 debt had been handled — purchased by Rolling Jubilee, a group linked to the Occupy Wall Street movement.

“I was dumbfounded but delighted, of course,” Logsdon, who is retired along with her husband of 62 years, told AFP.

“We got a letter saying that everything had been resolved — finally it is over, you don’t have to worry, you don’t owe us anything. (…) I didn’t know these people. It was a godsend.”

So what is Rolling Jubilee? The group is an outfit launched just a year ago by former Occupy Wall Street members now grouped under the nationwide Strike Debt collective.

“Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will and collective refusal,” it says on its website, rollingjubilee.org.

The idea? Buy up the personal debt of those who are struggling to fulfill their basic needs, like health care or housing.

For the New York-based group’s first anniversary, it announced this month that in one fell swoop it had bought up the equivalent of nearly $13.5 million in medical debt that some 2,693 people owed to hospitals and medical offices.

Former Occupy Wall Street activists start ?Rolling Jubilee? to buy up Americans? personal debt | The Raw Story
Where did the protesters against rich people get all that money?

cracks me the hell up

What's really funny is how your precious hero bankers would never dream of forgiving your debt for pennies on the dollar but will gladly sell it to other bankers for chicken feed.

you don't know who my hero's are, so tell it to your toilet or whine on Raw Story about it

cracks me the hell up

pfeeeeesh

Keep up the good work. I love how you keep making a complete ass out of yourself with every post :lol:
Yeah I see someone making an ass out of themselves, but it ain't Stephanie.

cracks me the hell up

pfeeeeesh

typical liberal, post a thread then starts whining their ass off when everyone doesn't BUY the Bull....that cracks up too:lol:

it is a nice gesture

they paid 2 cents on the dollar

in the debt selling market

wonder how much of it would have been noncollectable to begin with

typical liberal, post a thread then starts whining their ass off when everyone doesn't BUY the Bull....that cracks up too:lol:
The only ones that ever buy this retarded propaganda is other retarded leftists.

The only ones that ever buy this retarded propaganda is other retarded leftists.

good ole Raw story, keeps them coming to pay their bills...P.T Barnum was right
they play them like a fiddle

cracks me the hell up

What's really funny is how your precious hero bankers would never dream of forgiving your debt for pennies on the dollar

if you read the article that is exactly what happens

in fact that is how i got myself a great big RV

for pennies on the dollar

one the bank took back for non payment of a loan

--LOL

I doubt very much this was accomplished by the idiots that were walking around lower Manhattan
trying to shut down a business that would not allow them access to the rest room.
This was done by the financiers of the movement.One or more of the rich that these people
are supposed to be fighting against writes a bunch of checks to prop up the image of the OWS.

Except that wasn't what they were doing.

In fact, many of the businesses in the area happily let the OWS protesters use their bathrooms.

Except that wasn't what they were doing.

In fact, many of the businesses in the area happily let the OWS protesters use their bathrooms.

sure they did..and went out an paid for and brought them lunch too:eusa_hand:

Video at site

SNIP:

home > news > local

Angry Residents, Businesses Protest Occupy Wall Street Protest

The movement has been going on for two months.

By Melissa Russo and Erika Tarantal

| Monday, Nov 14, 2011 | Updated 8:37 PM EST

Downtown residents and business owners angry that their neighborhood has been occupied for two months by the Wall Street demonstration staged a protest of the protest Monday, declaring that City Hall has let it get out of control.

Angry over all-day drumming, people urinating and defecating on the streets and verbal attacks from protesters, organizers rallied at City Hall Monday to send officials a message.

"They go to the bathroom in the garbage," said one local business owner. "They destroyed the stall, they broke one of our bathrooms. We gotta take all our customers now down into the downstairs bathroom."

"I'm just sick of people being harassed and pushed around by these people," said another protester wearing a white mask. "People are scared to come out. People are sick of seeing them. They're sick of them taking over the neighborhood, fighting with police."

Exasperated residents and businesses said they are "pursuing all options," including lawsuits against the city, the mayor and the private company that owns Zuccotti Plaza, the encampment headquarters.

ALL of it here and many more
Angry Residents, Businesses Protest Occupy Wall Street Protest | NBC New York

cracks me the hell up

What's really funny is how your precious hero bankers would never dream of forgiving your debt for pennies on the dollar

if you read the article that is exactly what happens

in fact that is how i got myself a great big RV

for pennies on the dollar

one the bank took back for non payment of a loan

--LOL
Not the same thing, the guy that originally bought that RV still owes every penny. They will hound him to his grave for it just like they would have done to the old lady in the story.

Forum List

Back