Oxford Vaccine Trial On Hold Because Of Safety Issue

This isn't good. They claim it's one person but a study doesn't get put on hold because of one person.

We will have to wait to see what happens.

Could be nothing or could be major. Like the guy quoted in the article said, we will hear more about the problem soon. It would be interesting to know how many had been vaccinated in the countries where the trial is underway and where the problem was. Guess we will hear that later also, as well as what the problem was.
Up to 50,000 people were vaccinated... So >40,000 I guess...

This isn't good. They claim it's one person but a study doesn't get put on hold because of one person.

Could be nothing or could be major. Like the guy quoted in the article said, we will hear more about the problem soon. It would be interesting to know how many had been vaccinated in the countries where the trial is underway and where the problem was. Guess we will hear that later also, as well as what the problem was.
Note how Leftists want the vaccine to fail. Terrible people.
There was nothing in this reply indicating anyone wants the vaccine to fail.
Yeah...says captain literal. All of her posts are negative. Including this one. Note, she didn’t state that others are progressing well.
Sorry, but this reflects your prejudice against the “leftists” more than the attitudes of the poster.

Try to stay grounded.
Nope. She always posts negative crap. She is a downer. But you’re free to believe what you choose. Free country. I know You hate that.
Not to butt in Zog, as I said my bit, but you mentioned without quantifying other trials in progress. Did a cheap search earlier, but it kept coming back to this same story without answer what I was asking. How may Phase III trials (counting the one on temp hold) are going on right now? Anybody got this?
Nothing matters until it becomes reality.
Israel said that would have a vaccine in May and I called bullshit.
If Israel says they'll have a device in a month I believe it.
A medication? Not so much.
All the people I know who work in the pharma industry are shrugging their shoulders and wearing masks.
How about we return to our lives? This isn’t the Black Plague.
Easy there Mighty Jew. You survived it. I survived it. A lot of people died like dogs. 27 in my state today (the Florida numbers came in dropping us from 3rd place to 4th in the nation for the day. This crap ain't over. Wear your mask, big guy. Somehow I doubt you are suffering any more than I am. This thing will end but not today. Been teaching algebra to Grand Daughter, as they called off in-class classes two weeks before school started here as our county spiked up again along with TN mostly in the top 10 on total infections, new infections and daily new death for about the last month. My Red State, that was doing so well up until mid June. Brother in law's grandson in next county over is doing in-school 22 miles away, but says high school kids are popping positive and being sent home every day. The kid says, "No way we'll make past Thanksgiving", every body will be Virtual School by then". Don't rush it. Neither one of us losing money in this deal and I bet your GP has told you, you can get it again, as mine told me. You're going into 25 of the most productive years of your life. I know. I'm 26 years ahead of you. You got time. Watching your ass and biding your time is the most conservative move to make. Watch the parade. It's just a thing, dude.

Up to 50,000 people were vaccinated... So >40,000 I guess...
Any idea how many were here as opposed to UK, I guess? If a bunch here, pretty sure we will here what the problem is, if there really is one.

Yeah...says captain literal. All of her posts are negative. Including this one. Note, she didn’t state that others are progressing well.
Sorry, but this reflects your prejudice against the “leftists” more than the attitudes of the poster.

Try to stay grounded.
Nope. She always posts negative crap. She is a downer. But you’re free to believe what you choose. Free country. I know You hate that.
Not to butt in Zog, as I said my bit, but you mentioned without quantifying other trials in progress. Did a cheap search earlier, but it kept coming back to this same story without answer what I was asking. How may Phase III trials (counting the one on temp hold) are going on right now? Anybody got this?
All the people I know who work in the pharma industry are shrugging their shoulders and wearing masks.
Easy there Mighty Jew. You survived it. I survived it. A lot of people died like dogs. 27 in my state today (the Florida numbers came in dropping us from 3rd place to 4th in the nation for the day. This crap ain't over. Wear your mask, big guy. Somehow I doubt you are suffering any more than I am. This thing will end but not today. Been teaching algebra to Grand Daughter, as they called off in-class classes two weeks before school started here as our county spiked up again along with TN mostly in the top 10 on total infections, new infections and daily new death for about the last month. My Red State, that was doing so well up until mid June. Brother in law's grandson in next county over is doing in-school 22 miles away, but says high school kids are popping positive and being sent home every day. The kid says, "No way we'll make past Thanksgiving", every body will be Virtual School by then". Don't rush it. Neither one of us losing money in this deal and I bet your GP has told you, you can get it again, as mine told me. You're going into 25 of the most productive years of your life. I know. I'm 26 years ahead of you. You got time. Watching your ass and biding your time is the most conservative move to make. Watch the parade. It's just a thing, dude.
I wear my thin blue line mask. But it’s for optics. I can get it again maybe but my plasma helps cure it? If I get it again, I have the antibodies and will likely fight it off again. If you can get it again then why develop a vaccine. Doctors don’t know for sure so they hedge their bets.

Try to stay grounded.
I wear my thin blue line mask. But it’s for optics. I can get it again maybe but my plasma helps cure it? If I get it again, I have the antibodies and will likely fight it off again. If you can get it again then why develop a vaccine. Doctors don’t know for sure so they hedge their bets.
Do they retest your anti-body levels each time. I did the convalescent plasma donor thing once and then was not detected at beneficial levels. My Covid experience was in February.

Try to stay grounded.
Do they retest your anti-body levels each time. I did the convalescent plasma donor thing once and then was not detected at beneficial levels. My Covid experience was in February.
It seems everyone's body chemistry is unique.

Try to stay grounded.
No idea mine just says positive. Mine was in late March and last donation was August 31.

Try to stay grounded.
Mine is better. I am a Jew. But White has privilege....see how I did that? He he

Try to stay grounded.
Mine was a light case or I handled it well, which I jokingly attribute to "The White 6 Machine, Zero Defects". Also more and more reports that the worse you had it and survived the higher the concentration of residual antibodies, but they often decline greatly over just a few months. They say this bodes poorly for a long lasting vaccine, but I guess that kind of depends on what the vaccine is intended to do and how it works to do it. I do not know how long a standard flu vaccine is supposed to be effective. We get them part of the way through the flu season to protect for the season and get another at the next flu season. LIke Moderna's is RNA based. If it works on RNA and actually works, it might have less predictable of side effects but be longer lasting. The numbers as to what would be considered effective are nothing to write home about, at least to someone with just a BS/Business education. Looked it up after Zog gave the company names in the trials. If they get it right, though, it is supposed to have a much shorter production cycle and faster supply to the population. I don't have stock in any of the 3. Bet Zog has some Moderna.

Try to stay grounded.
No idea mine just says positive. Mine was in late March and last donation was August 31.
Thanks for the info and Congrats.

Bill Gates is injecting Africans and they're getting pneumonia.
What's a few thousand dead African?
Bill gates isn't injecting anyone. Can you please stop the crazy conspiracy theory bullshit for one day? Just one?
Crazy conspiracy theories is all conservatives have.

Forum List

Back