🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

PA Putting Election on Hold Is a Good Taste of Government Controlled Healthcare

The trillions that taxpayers have had to pay to bail out the banks/wall street is a sign of the failure of capitalism.

Seems fair.
Taxpayers didn't "have to" bail out anyone in order for capitalism to function properly. That was the decision of crooked politicians.

I agree they did not have to. They did though. Where would we be if there was no Federal Reserve and our ability to go into an incredible amount of debt?

Where would we be if we had done the right thing and allowed a large number of banks and businesses to fail?

Where would we be if we weren't handing corporate farms billions of dollars?
Where would we be indeed....

The governments job is the defense of the people. Thats it. I didn't need oil companies, gm, solyndra, and all the other scam bailouts to occur to be protected.
No company should ever be considered too large to fail. Can't sell seats on your airplane sell the fucking airplane and cut your payroll

What you think is irrelevant to what we do. You believe we should practice capitalism. Great. I won't argue that. I'm arguing what we actually do.
What i think IS RELEVANT. Thats why our election is still up in the air. Because of our voices.
But your defeatist attitude is noted.

I'm not discussing what people want. I am discussing what we actually do. We do not practice capitalism. You want us to and that is fine. We aren't going to.
Capitalism includes bailing out financial institutions occasionally, ignoramus.

Capitalism most definitely does NOT bail out privately owned companies EVER! The essence of capitalism is to "let the market decide". Mitt Romeny and the Republican Party had no problem bailing out Wall Street, but they continue to have HUGE problems bailing out Main Street. Romney and the rest of the vulture capitalists could not wait to buy up the GM assets, break them apart and sell them off - just like they did in de-industrializing the rest of the Rust Belt.

When W bailed out Wall Street, that money didn't save jobs. The big banks used it to pay bonuses to the asshats who sold the derrivatives and subprime mortgages that collapsed the economy in the first place. And none of that money was ever repaid.

Yet Republicans, who glad handed the money out to Wall Steet, said "No fucking way" to the Auto Industriy - 80% of which of the money was returned to the Treasury, and the jobs were saved at a time when they were most needed. Of course the Republican Party was pissed about this because Romney and the rest of the super wealthy stood to profit handsomely from those bankrtupcies.

In every Republican economic crash, including Trump's Covid Crash, the rich have gotten a whole lot richer, and the poor and the middle class has gotten a whole lot poorer.

Don't know about your stupid ass but I'm doing well as is everyone I know.

No one gave wall street money. Any money companies keep is because they use the loop holes the Govt. has provided.

You sure don't know facts very well.

Quantitative Easing was indeed injecting billions (probably Trillion) into Wall Street,
Educate yourself.

Obama lied. Your link also has absolutely nothing to do with Q.E. You educate yourself.
Your defense is Obama and Politifact lied?
Okey Dokey.

The trillions that taxpayers have had to pay to bail out the banks/wall street is a sign of the failure of capitalism.

Seems fair.
Taxpayers didn't "have to" bail out anyone in order for capitalism to function properly. That was the decision of crooked politicians.

I agree they did not have to. They did though. Where would we be if there was no Federal Reserve and our ability to go into an incredible amount of debt?

Where would we be if we had done the right thing and allowed a large number of banks and businesses to fail?

The governments job is the defense of the people. Thats it. I didn't need oil companies, gm, solyndra, and all the other scam bailouts to occur to be protected.
No company should ever be considered too large to fail. Can't sell seats on your airplane sell the fucking airplane and cut your payroll

What you think is irrelevant to what we do. You believe we should practice capitalism. Great. I won't argue that. I'm arguing what we actually do.
What i think IS RELEVANT. Thats why our election is still up in the air. Because of our voices.

I'm not discussing what people want. I am discussing what we actually do. We do not practice capitalism. You want us to and that is fine. We aren't going to.

Capitalism most definitely does NOT bail out privately owned companies EVER! The essence of capitalism is to "let the market decide". Mitt Romeny and the Republican Party had no problem bailing out Wall Street, but they continue to have HUGE problems bailing out Main Street. Romney and the rest of the vulture capitalists could not wait to buy up the GM assets, break them apart and sell them off - just like they did in de-industrializing the rest of the Rust Belt.

When W bailed out Wall Street, that money didn't save jobs. The big banks used it to pay bonuses to the asshats who sold the derrivatives and subprime mortgages that collapsed the economy in the first place. And none of that money was ever repaid.

Yet Republicans, who glad handed the money out to Wall Steet, said "No fucking way" to the Auto Industriy - 80% of which of the money was returned to the Treasury, and the jobs were saved at a time when they were most needed. Of course the Republican Party was pissed about this because Romney and the rest of the super wealthy stood to profit handsomely from those bankrtupcies.

In every Republican economic crash, including Trump's Covid Crash, the rich have gotten a whole lot richer, and the poor and the middle class has gotten a whole lot poorer.

No one gave wall street money. Any money companies keep is because they use the loop holes the Govt. has provided.

I doing quite fine, but then I'm not suffering from memory loss like you are either:

Obama said it was paid back.

Seems fair.

Quantitative Easing was indeed injecting billions (probably Trillion) into Wall Street,
Educate yourself.

Obama lied. Your link also has absolutely nothing to do with Q.E. You educate yourself.
Your defense is Obama and Politifact lied?
Okey Dokey.

Defense? They lied. Simple fact. But again that had nothing to do with Q.E.

Seems fair.

Educate yourself.

Seems fair.

Educate yourself.

I'm not talking about Obama's TARP bailout, I'm talking about W's Wall Street Bailout.

I'm talking about Goldmach Sachs and Company. You should try READING the articles I link to:

• Rating agencies- Rating agencies like Standard and Poor’s are paid by the banks (which is a conflict of interest) and have a huge influence on the ratings of securities. During the housing bubble ratings agencies continued to give triple AAA ratings to toxic mortgages. The justice department wants $5 billion in restitution from Standard and Poor’s for its part in falsifying ratings.

• Money laundering – It has been proven that the American Division of the HSBC bank did money laundering for Mexican drug cartels to the tune of $881 billion according to the Justice Department. The penalty to this bank for blatant corruption was $1.9 billion and the New York Times laments that HSBC was too big to indict. Nobody goes to jail at a time when an unemployed black person gets 10 years for robbing a minute mart.

They refuse to even start counted again until 10AM. They just stop providing an expected service to the public simply because they want to for no good reason. Welcome to government run Healthcare ahead of us.

These people need to be well rested and clear as possible so that they don't get foggy and accidentally miscount any Biden votes for Trump!

They refuse to even start counted again until 10AM. They just stop providing an expected service to the public simply because they want to for no good reason. Welcome to government run Healthcare ahead of us.

These people need to be well rested and clear as possible so that they don't get foggy and accidentally miscount any Biden votes for Trump!

Post from Blue Gin.

I just heard on Crowder. The election officials are claiming they transposed some Biden and Trump numbers in some areas ( oopsies). Then also “ accidentally” added an extra zero to their totals in another area and that’s why it looked like Biden got an extra 100k overnight. They are also saying AZ is still in play.

Sounds like these folks need to be replaced to get some sleep.

Post from Blue Gin.

I just heard on Crowder. The election officials are claiming they transposed some Biden and Trump numbers in some areas ( oopsies). Then also “ accidentally” added an extra zero to their totals in another area and that’s why it looked like Biden got an extra 100k overnight. They are also saying AZ is still in play.

Sounds like these folks need to be replaced to get some sleep.

AGREE.png
It's all true.

Seems fair.

I doing quite fine, but then I'm not suffering from memory loss like you are either:

Obama said that the small bank bailout funds that his Administration paid out under TARP, were paid back. No mention was made of the Billions paid to Goldman Sachs, Chase, or JP Morgan. Those moneys were paid out under W's Administration and not one thin dime of that money was recovered. Ob

From your own Politifact Link:

"While repayments, dividends, and interest from institutions participating ... have exceeded the program’s original investment disbursements, the number of missed payments has increased over the life of the program," government officials wrote in the GAO report. "Institutions that continue to miss payments and problem institutions may have difficulty ever fully repaying their … investments."

Not all of the banks who received TARP money have repaid the loans. In fact, 400-plus banks are still on the government’s red list -- more than have completed the payments -- and, according to the GAO, some may never pay the money back. . . .

Read the FUCKING LINK!

Seems fair.

Obama said that the small bank bailout funds that his Administration paid out under TARP, were paid back. No mention was made of the Billions paid to Goldman Sachs, Chase, or JP Morgan. Those moneys were paid out under W's Administration and not one thin dime of that money was recovered. Ob

From your own Politifact Link:

"While repayments, dividends, and interest from institutions participating ... have exceeded the program’s original investment disbursements, the number of missed payments has increased over the life of the program," government officials wrote in the GAO report. "Institutions that continue to miss payments and problem institutions may have difficulty ever fully repaying their … investments."

Not all of the banks who received TARP money have repaid the loans. In fact, 400-plus banks are still on the government’s red list -- more than have completed the payments -- and, according to the GAO, some may never pay the money back. . . .

Read the FUCKING LINK!

Just like the millions we tax payers got forced to pay to the Auto Industry to pay for their mishandled pension plans.. That money has never been paid back either.

Seems AIG was one of those companies and they repaid the tax payers 205 billion dollars in 2012. That included interest.

Nothing like our tax money Barry gave the Auto Industry. They have never paid that money back.

They refuse to even start counted again until 10AM. They just stop providing an expected service to the public simply because they want to for no good reason.
No good reason? People have to sleep. Jesus, what is wrong with some of you?

Seems fair.
The many corporate bail-outs through the decades is the form of socialism that receives enthusiastic approval from the RWNJs.

To their ignorant thinking, government bailouts of Big Business proves the American capitalist system is the best.

Forum List

Back