Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

No, they did not. and PA laws were never meant for contracted services. Plus the founders of the concept could never have assumed they would be used to ruin people over religious convictions.

uh, no. not really. Back in the 1960's, businesses tries to use "religious convictions" as a workaround to still not serve black people.

When ‘Religious Liberty’ Was Used To Justify Racism Instead Of Homophobia

They failed. Same thing here.

And as for going after Churches, I expect nothing less from a pathetic, hateful asshole such as yourself.

Guy, I went to the Catholic System. We all grew up knowing our priests were fucking pedophiles and you didn't want to be alone in a room with one of them. BUt our parents all went along with this shit for years because they really thought these assholes were tight with the Imaginary Sky Fairy.

back in the 1960's government was mandating the discrimination, just like government is mandating the punishments now for wrongthink. Plus the point discrimination in the case of the South was a symptom, not the actual disease. The actual disease was the systemic isolation of a large portion of the population from economic and political power.

That does not compare to a minuscule portion of the population that has full economic and political power, and especially does not compare for non-necessary services.

Sooner or later big business will realize the actual damage that can be done by assholes like you is more bark than bite. But until the laws are changed, you can still run to big daddy government to ruin the people you don't like, like the bitch-titted asshole you are.

You are being really stupid. The city had seven of my paintings. Do you think they wouldn't have a way of reaching me? How do you know what I was hoping? You are making up motivations. You must be a democrat.

I will grant you one thing. The little poof attorney thought along the same lines and tried to say that an exhibition was an offering for sale. It's not. City Hall is not a gallery.

So you were happy to use PUBLIC BUILDINGS to promote yourself and still thought you had a right to discriminate?

again, you are putting a lot of effort into your hate.
I do have a right to discriminate. Did you miss that part? I have an absolute right to discriminate and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

You do. But not once you've signed up to the regulations to run a business you don't.

You are being really stupid. The city had seven of my paintings. Do you think they wouldn't have a way of reaching me? How do you know what I was hoping? You are making up motivations. You must be a democrat.

I will grant you one thing. The little poof attorney thought along the same lines and tried to say that an exhibition was an offering for sale. It's not. City Hall is not a gallery.

So you were happy to use PUBLIC BUILDINGS to promote yourself and still thought you had a right to discriminate?

I do have a right to discriminate. Did you miss that part? I have an absolute right to discriminate and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

You do. But not once you've signed up to the regulations to run a business you don't.
Too bad for the lesbos. They should have harassed someone in the portrait business.

Too bad for the lesbos. They should have harassed someone in the portrait business.

You didn't answer my post.

Which one?

The amount of ignorant bile spouted on this thread shows how important their fight was.How many bigot bakers need crushing before they become decent people ?

Why don't you go out and conduct a survey. The world is desperate for gay cakes.
I am not sure off the value of that.There is enough evidence of deviancy on this thread. There are too many people who are happy to live on the margins of civilisation and spout their bile.
I blame the parents, bringing up kids in a homophobic atmosphere is child abuse.
Is that what pink news tells you?
Its what common decency and common sense tells me.

The amount of ignorant bile spouted on this thread shows how important their fight was.How many bigot bakers need crushing before they become decent people ?

Why don't you go out and conduct a survey. The world is desperate for gay cakes.
I am not sure off the value of that.There is enough evidence of deviancy on this thread. There are too many people who are happy to live on the margins of civilisation and spout their bile.
I blame the parents, bringing up kids in a homophobic atmosphere is child abuse.
You are gay, you don't have common decency.

Which one?

The one you have replied to.

You are gay, you don't have common decency.
You're a fine one to speak of common decency! You demean homosexuals without proof, as a group rather than as individuals. From fear, suspicion and outright hatred without cause. You use armature psychiatry and impose idiotic, delusional and self affirming pseudo diagnosis. You have never shown an inkling of common human decency. You're a fraud of the first order and far too easily dismissed as a debater.

What sin would be committed by making a cake for gay people exactly?
Direct participation in the wedding which is a sinful act. Now we know that the government will force Christians to sin and punish them when they refuse. That part is over. The complaint the lesbians have now is a general disapproval of their perversion.

If gays and lesbians could make their unhappiness known, which they did. Sweet Cakes was happily put out of business. Then anyone else could also make their unhappiness known. This couple is getting exactly what they deserve.
Baking a cake for a wedding reception is "direct participation in the wedding"? Since when?

The cake doesn't bake itself, evul twin.
How many times does "baking a cake" appear in the Christer bible?
Does the bible admonish people not to sin? Each sinful act doesn't have to be carefully enumerated. If you believe the act to be a sin, don't do it.

Personally, I am fine with gays and lesbians being able to get married. My objections are to the forced participation of others in their plans.

Everyone has the Right To Be Left Alone.

Direct participation in the wedding which is a sinful act. Now we know that the government will force Christians to sin and punish them when they refuse. That part is over. The complaint the lesbians have now is a general disapproval of their perversion.

If gays and lesbians could make their unhappiness known, which they did. Sweet Cakes was happily put out of business. Then anyone else could also make their unhappiness known. This couple is getting exactly what they deserve.
Baking a cake for a wedding reception is "direct participation in the wedding"? Since when?

Does the bible admonish people not to sin? Each sinful act doesn't have to be carefully enumerated. If you believe the act to be a sin, don't do it.

What if you have an act and if you do it, it's a sin, if you don't do it, it's a sin? Then what?

That is between the individual and God.

Personally, I am fine with gays and lesbians being able to get married. My objections are to the forced participation of others in their plans.

If you're a wedding vendor; a baker, caterer, florist, dress maker, photographer, etc., how are you 'forced' to participate?

Participants include the person officiating the ceremony, parents of the spouses, members of the wedding party and invited guests. Vendors do not act as ring bearers or flower girls or bridesmaids. They do not propose a toast, nor dance with the bride nor throw rice. They are not expected to come to the reception with a blender wrapped in silver paper, nor an envelope stuffed with cash.

In short, vendors are not 'participants'. They provide services, hopefully the same high level of services, they provide to each and every customer. They do not provide a 'mercantile imprimatur' approving the wedding. They presumably do not morally vet each customer to keep their immortal souls in good standing.

Those vendors who fail to provide services to homosexual couples are not acting out of Christian concern. It is nothing more than old fashioned Gay Bashing. Those vendors are twisting a beautiful, forgiving and loving faith to a vile purpose: their own hateful homophobic disdain for a lifestyle they find to be 'icky'. Hardly a dogma to be respected, let alone protected by law.

Last edited:

If you're a wedding vendor; a baker, caterer, florist, dress maker, photographer, etc., how are you 'forced' to participate?

Participants include the person officiating the ceremony, parents of the spouses, members of the wedding party and invited guests. Vendors do not act as ring bearers or flower girls or bridesmaids. They do not propose a toast, nor dance with the bride nor throw rice. They are not expected to come to the reception with a blender wrapped in silver paper, nor an envelope stuffed with cash.

In short, vendors are not 'participants'. They provide services, hopefully the same high level of services, they provide to each and every customer. They do not provide a 'mercantile imprimatur' approving the wedding. They presumably do not morally bet each customer to keep their immortal souls in good standing.

Those vendors who fail to provide services to homosexual couples are not acting out of Christian concern. It is nothing more than old fashioned Gay Bashing. Those vendors are twisting a beautiful, forgiving and loving faith to a vile purpose: their own hateful homophobic disdain for a lifestyle they find to be 'icky'. Hardly a dogma to be respected, let alone protected by law.

You answered your own question, bub. Vendors provide services and goods. That is participation. And they have the right to choose their customers, just as customers have the right to not patronize a business.

Freedom, isn't it grand?

In short, vendors are not 'participants'. They provide services, hopefully the same high level of services, they provide to each and every customer. They do not provide a 'mercantile imprimatur' approving the wedding. They presumably do not morally bet each customer to keep their immortal souls in good standing.

You answered your own question, bub. Vendors provide services and goods. That is participation. And they have the right to choose their customers, just as customers have the right to not patronize a business.

Freedom, isn't it grand?
True, vendors can refuse service. For reasons including unruly behavior on the part of the customer, poor credit, lack of payment, inappropriate dress (no shoes, no shirt).

They cannot refuse service because they find the customer's lifestyle (which in the case of homosexuals is legal in all 50 states) 'icky'. Nor can they refuse services because the customer is a minority. Refusal due to sexual orientation is open, blatant and shameful discrimination. Not valid reasons for a business open to the public.

Can we have a collective "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case
I hope they get harrassed to the point they commit suicide. Mess with people's livliehoods by government force....I have no pity for you.

Can we have a collective "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

I hope they get harrassed to the point they commit suicide. Mess with people's livliehoods by government force....I have no pity for you.
Where's that Conservative love of justice here? You hope they commit suicide? Where's that Conservative love of human life we are constantly preached about?

All I see is that Conservative hatred for people other than themselves!

Freedom, isn't it grand?
True, vendors can refuse service. For reasons including unruly behavior on the part of the customer, poor credit, lack of payment, inappropriate dress (no shoes, no shirt).

They cannot refuse service because they find the customer's lifestyle (which in the case of homosexuals is legal in all 50 states) 'icky'. Nor can they refuse services because the customer is a minority. Refusal due to sexual orientation is open, blatant and shameful discrimination. Not valid reasons for a business open to the public.

So if a Satanist walked into a Catholic Store to buy a cross, said he would use it in a Black Mass, the Catholic Store would be forced to sell the cross to him?

They were told "No." and to me the way that they responded couldn't have been anymore disruptive. My question is, if they had known how their lawsuit was going to be responded to in return, would they have gone through with the lawsuit any way? To me, they are crazy if they didn't expect to have happen what is happening to them now.

Uh, yeah, I bet they were surprised when they found out people who claimed to be Christians would threaten their children.

I'm personally not, I figured out most Christians are big fucking phonies a long time ago, but i can see how otherwise reasonable people might be fooled.
How do you know that is people who claimed to be Christians that are behind the threats? The people behind them threats could just be people who didn't think that it was fair what happened to the people in charge of the bakery. They don't have to stand for the Lord in order to be on that side. They could be people who just didn't like seeing people lose their business because other people didn't like how it was being ran. People have stood up in my defense before who were most definitely not for the Lord.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Have you ever seen that film named Sling Blade? The man who died at the end hated both homosexuals and the word of the Lord.

Freedom, isn't it grand?

So if a Satanist walked into a Catholic Store to buy a cross, said he would use it in a Black Mass, the Catholic Store would be forced to sell the cross to him?
Of course. That's public accommodation laws. If the Satan worshipper demanded that the Christian come to the hall during the satan worship service and hang the cross on the wall, we have the same circumstance as going to a same sex wedding.

They do. But not people who run businesses. They've signed up to something.

They do, however, have the choice to not run a business. Or to run a business in a manner that won't conflict with their religious beliefs.

It's like religious people setting up a shop selling devil worshiping things, but then not selling to devil worshipers. Kind of doesn't make sense.

Forum List

Back