🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

Can we have a collective "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case
Nobody ever died from hate mail.

And they deserve to be hated.
Why?
Because they didn't take the simple step of finding another bakery down the street.
You mean African American in the 1950s and 60s should have been hated because they wanted a drink from any water fountain they wished?

Do you think that there should be a second class American citizen, a citizen who breaks no laws, but DESERVES to be treated differently? What is it about America you love, because it clearly isn't the American citizen.

The Bakery made a decision and faced the consequences, the lesbian couple made a decision to sue and face consequences. Welcome to free speech in America.

That gay boycott on Chic Filet! How did that work out? All the man did was say he believed in traditional marriage and the gays went nuts on him. Chik Filet won that round

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

Why?
Because they didn't take the simple step of finding another bakery down the street.
You mean African American in the 1950s and 60s should have been hated because they wanted a drink from any water fountain they wished?

Do you think that there should be a second class American citizen, a citizen who breaks no laws, but DESERVES to be treated differently? What is it about America you love, because it clearly isn't the American citizen.
The lez-dikes are not negroes living under Jim Crow, so cut the crap. There are plenty of bakeries to choose from, but they targeted a Christian owned bakery for special hostility.

God doesn't hate fags, but I'm pretty sure he hates those two.

I don't recall black people dragging whites over to use the same drinking fountains and suing them when they refused.

The pervs got the same level of service as everyone else that went to that bakery. They did not get the participation of the bakers in their wedding.

Why?

The lez-dikes are not negroes living under Jim Crow, so cut the crap. There are plenty of bakeries to choose from, but they targeted a Christian owned bakery for special hostility.

They came as paying customers. They came expecting the same high level of service that drew them to chose that bakery in the first place. They brought cash or credit cards and fully expected to have a. Ratifying cake at their wedding.

Special hostility? They were customers. That hostility business was impose upon them, and sadly, it continues to be.

Why?

They came as paying customers. They came expecting the same high level of service that drew them to chose that bakery in the first place. They brought cash or credit cards and fully expected to have a. Ratifying cake at their wedding.

Special hostility? They were customers. That hostility business was impose upon them, and sadly, it continues to be.
They won their case. Now they are being treated the way they deserve.

I do not remember reading a direct Bible quote on segregation being okay. I do see a few references to the sin of homosexuality. To me, the Supreme Court made an error in trampling religious rights. They did not see it that way, so that leaves using free speech to discourage gays from using your bakery. If that does not work, you bake the cake or have a good working relationship with a gay bakery (whatever that means).

Why?

I guess they could have asked if they were okay with baking the cake and decorating it sans two brides on top?

The Kleins were nice people. I would have made a spectacle of the whole thing. Bake the cake, ruin the wedding. Not for any religious reason. Just for forcing me to participate in a wedding.

If I owned a bakery, this is what I would do. Bake wedding cakes according to standard sizes, shapes, flavors and colors. Hand the customer a package of two grooms and two brides on delivery. Probably use brown grooms and brides, can't open another can of worms.

I guess they could have asked if they were okay with baking the cake and decorating it sans two brides on top?
What exactly does a same sex wedding cake look like?

If I owned a bakery, this is what I would do. Bake wedding cakes according to standard sizes, shapes, flavors and colors. Hand the customer a package of two grooms and two brides on delivery. Probably use brown grooms and brides, can't open another can of worms.
Fill the cake case with all sizes and flavors. Choose anyone you like.

What exactly does a same sex wedding cake look like?

Probably rainbow colors with fruit flavor? I have no idea.

Maybe something like this:
ca34787bff11d4433a05a46afae1be24.jpg

I didn't say anything about going anywhere. However they're Christians, and part of Christian belief is not to turn away from those you don't like. ISN'T IT?
No part of Christian belief requires Christians to commit sin.

What sin would be committed by making a cake for gay people exactly?
Direct participation in the wedding which is a sinful act. Now we know that the government will force Christians to sin and punish them when they refuse. That part is over. The complaint the lesbians have now is a general disapproval of their perversion.

If gays and lesbians could make their unhappiness known, which they did. Sweet Cakes was happily put out of business. Then anyone else could also make their unhappiness known. This couple is getting exactly what they deserve.
Laughable.

Is there a definitive list of "sinner" that they would refuse to serve ?

Maybe a couple getting remarried ? Or an adulterer getting a cake for his girlfriend ? Or a swindler using dirty money to buy his cake ? Or a wifebeater or a single mother buying a cake for her bastard kids, or muslims,or hindus or athiests ?

Its just bigotry targeting a minority.
Now the minority is getting what's coming to them.

The gloves are off. The Social Justice Bullies have shredded everyone else's rights and Civil Society. They deserve to be treated according to the lack of standards they put in place.

Those who have enjoyed privledge often come to find that equality can feel like oppression.

Those who have enjoyed privledge often come to find that equality can feel like oppression.
Yes indeed the perv couple is finding that out right now.
ThoseLesbians did not enjoy privledge. They, and too many homosexual couples have been oppressed. Oppressed by narrow minded bigots. Oppressed by alleged "Christians" who seek to twist a beautiful, loving and forgiving faith to serve an evil purpose. Oppressed by the state that refused to extend the same level of civil rights that they extend to every other tax paying citizen.

All those oppressors now must face reality. The reality of equality. To them, that equality feels like oppression.

Forum List

Back