🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

The fairest solution is for the gay couple to go into the bakery and buy anything off the shelf.

For personal services like wedding cakes, the couple should understand that they can place the order with this bakery but the cake itself will be subcontracted out to another bakery.

The fairest thing is that the owners signed up to a deal to open their business which says they won't discriminate. Therefore it's fair they don't discriminate.

What would be sensible is that they make a way of dealing with customers that is actually decent and honest, and not like petty school children who don't like the fat girl in the corner and call her names.

They should say "we put stuff on cakes, like wording and whatever, however we only do set thing" or something like that. They should literally decide what they're willing to do, and then make it so they're not discriminating.

The fairest solution is for the gay couple to go into the bakery and buy anything off the shelf.

For personal services like wedding cakes, the couple should understand that they can place the order with this bakery but the cake itself will be subcontracted out to another bakery.

The fairest thing is that the owners signed up to a deal to open their business which says they won't discriminate. Therefore it's fair they don't discriminate.

What would be sensible is that they make a way of dealing with customers that is actually decent and honest, and not like petty school children who don't like the fat girl in the corner and call her names.

They should say "we put stuff on cakes, like wording and whatever, however we only do set thing" or something like that. They should literally decide what they're willing to do, and then make it so they're not discriminating.
There is nothing wrong with discriminating. The bakers have chosen not to be a part of perversion. Can perversion be met with decency and find compromise? Of course not.

Now that the pervs have won, they want to be immune from well deserved treatment. They had complaints about how they felt at being denied a cake. Do they feel better now?

There is nothing wrong with discriminating. The bakers have chosen not to be a part of perversion. Can perversion be met with decency and find compromise? Of course not.

There are societies you can go to where discrimination is all the rage. However the US has the Bill of Rights enshrines into the Constitution that was designed, and took a long to to get to, a situation where discrimination is seen as bad.

I think we should start forcing people like you to wear a giant L on their heads, and for no one to serve them in any shop. See how you'd like it.

I'm 59 years old and a Christian. I have never heard my minister tell the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals. Never.

Where did this hatful dogma come from? Christ Himself? I can't find that sort of admonition in His teachings. He taught to love others as we would be loved. He taught to judge not lest he be judged. He taught to cast not the first stone for we too bear sin.

Don't tell me that these beliefs are part and parcel of Christian love because they aren't. It's just old fashioned Gay bashing hoping to find protection behind Scripture. Twisting Christianity to serve their vile thinking.
Christianity and the "Scriptures" are so vague and the translations so convoluted that they can twisted and spun to mean anything.....

It can be argued that anything and everything is vague which is why we have the SCOTUS and why we have lawyers.

With that said, IMO bakers who refuse to serve due to religion are misinterpreting God's will. I went through 12 years of Catholic school and I don't recall anything that says I'm supposed to deny anyone a service I provide.
That isn't the question. It's would you commit a sin because a customer demanded it of you?
Baking a cake is not a sin. Baking a cake as a bakery is part of your business.
Who appointed you the national Pope?

The lesbians won their case. Now they are complaining because they are getting just what they dished out.
They came as paying customers. Customers expecting the same high level of service provided to all other customers. What precisely did they " dish out"?

There are societies you can go to where discrimination is all the rage. However the US has the Bill of Rights enshrines into the Constitution that was designed, and took a long to to get to, a situation where discrimination is seen as bad.

I think we should start forcing people like you to wear a giant L on their heads, and for no one to serve them in any shop. See how you'd like it.
The bill of rights is a limitation on government. You are not guaranteed rights from individuals.

But but but asshole liberal restaurant owners refused to serve cops! Where was your outrage then? Can you link it?

Perh
That's the message of someone fed up with being forced to violate their beliefs.
I'm 59 years old and a Christian. I have never heard my minister tell the congregation to avoid commerce with homosexuals. Never.

Where did this hatful dogma come from? Christ Himself? I can't find that sort of admonition in His teachings. He taught to love others as we would be loved. He taught to judge not lest he be judged. He taught to cast not the first stone for we too bear sin.

Don't tell me that these beliefs are part and parcel of Christian love because they aren't. It's just old fashioned Gay bashing hoping to find protection behind Scripture. Twisting Christianity to serve their vile thinking.
Christianity and the "Scriptures" are so vague and the translations so convoluted that they can twisted and spun to mean anything.....

It can be argued that anything and everything is vague which is why we have the SCOTUS and why we have lawyers.

With that said, IMO bakers who refuse to serve due to religion are misinterpreting God's will. I went through 12 years of Catholic school and I don't recall anything that says I'm supposed to deny anyone a service I provide.
That isn't the question. It's would you commit a sin because a customer demanded it of you?

I believe I did answer the question. Perhaps the baker has a different interpretation of God's will than I do. If he thinks he is committing a sin than NO he should not be forced to bake the cake. Which I is why I think the fairest solution is to fine the baker the cost of the cake and move on. The baker doesn't lose his business and the same sex couple is taken care of. Or, perhaps bakers can apply for a religious exemption, but they need to provide information where a same-sex couple can purchase a cake as long as it's with a reasonable distance. IMO there are ways to get around this without everyone getting hurt.
aps hey could post a sign stating:

"DUE TO OUR FITH AND LOVE IN JESUS CHRIST WHO TAUGHT TO LOVE OTHERS AS YOU YOURSELF WOULD BE LOVED, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO SERVE SKEEVY QUEERS AND BULL DYKES.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!"

The lesbians won their case. Now they are complaining because they are getting just what they dished out.
They came as paying customers. Customers expecting the same high level of service provided to all other customers. What precisely did they " dish out"?
They instigated a terrorist campaign against this bakery. Perverts threatened the bakers, their vendors and even their customers. What these pervs are getting is mild.

Perh

I believe I did answer the question. Perhaps the baker has a different interpretation of God's will than I do. If he thinks he is committing a sin than NO he should not be forced to bake the cake. Which I is why I think the fairest solution is to fine the baker the cost of the cake and move on. The baker doesn't lose his business and the same sex couple is taken care of. Or, perhaps bakers can apply for a religious exemption, but they need to provide information where a same-sex couple can purchase a cake as long as it's with a reasonable distance. IMO there are ways to get around this without everyone getting hurt.

"DUE TO OUR FITH AND LOVE IN JESUS CHRIST WHO TAUGHT TO LOVE OTHERS AS YOU YOURSELF WOULD BE LOVED, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO SERVE SKEEVY QUEERS AND BULL DYKES.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!"
They never refused to serve anyone.

They instigated a terrorist campaign against this bakery. Perverts threatened the bakers, their vendors and even their customers. What these pervs are getting is mild.
A "Terrorist campaign"? You have to conced that hyperbole is the argument of the intellectually shallow. When you say things like that, you lose credibility. You are using hyperbole and lies, demonstrably untrue statements.

Why should you be taken seriously?

We can read the link at the OP. Would you consider the threats received by this couple a "terrorist campaign"? I read them as threats, but I cannot stoop low enough to invoke 'terrorism'. It adds nothing but fear and cheapens actual terrorism and the victims who have suffered it directly.

Perh

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!"
Do you ,earn to imply that the bakers baked, decorated and delivered the wedding cake and the Lesbian couple made all this up, including the settlement and payment of it?

Can we have a collective "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case
Nobody ever died from hate mail.

And they deserve to be hated.

Perh

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!"
Do you ,earn to imply that the bakers baked, decorated and delivered the wedding cake and the Lesbian couple made all this up, including the settlement and payment of it?
I am implying that every one, including the pervert couple, that went into the bakery bought whatever they wanted. They were denied a wedding cake. No one ever said that they were not served when they went to the bakery. The pervs won their case. Now they are complaining that not everyone feels the love. They are getting exactly what they deserve.

Perh

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!"
I am implying that every one, including the pervert couple, that went into the bakery bought whatever they wanted. They were denied a wedding cake. No one ever said that they were not served when they went to the bakery. The pervs won their case. Now they are complaining that not everyone feels the love. They are getting exactly what they deserve.
Did they go to the bakery for pastries or a wedding cake? Did they get the cake?

Then they did not receive the same level of service as every other customer.

And I'll continue to ignore your use of "pervs" as your indication of the Lesbian couple. I understand that you are too insecure and way too intellectually shallow to be anything other than offensive and bigoted.

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

Why?

Hopefully the $100,000+ from the Sweet Cakes bigots has helped alleviate their pain.
Evidently not. They smugly thought they had support. Unfortunately it seems that a child in their home is still peaceably in school.
What? Eh whatever. You're on the wrong side of history again. Go pound sand.
Says the control freak... Lol

Why?
Because they didn't take the simple step of finding another bakery down the street.

The Bakery made a decision and faced the consequences, the lesbian couple made a decision to sue and face consequences. Welcome to free speech in America.

I also think the DNC convention folks better have transgender marked restrooms and be super happy when one uses the facilities.

Forum List

Back