🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

According to the whining and complaining their equality does feel like oppression. They too have a reality.

I hope they are enjoying their equality

The fairest solution is for the gay couple to go into the bakery and buy anything off the shelf.

For personal services like wedding cakes, the couple should understand that they can place the order with this bakery but the cake itself will be subcontracted out to another bakery.

The fairest thing is that the owners signed up to a deal to open their business which says they won't discriminate. Therefore it's fair they don't discriminate.

What would be sensible is that they make a way of dealing with customers that is actually decent and honest, and not like petty school children who don't like the fat girl in the corner and call her names.

They should say "we put stuff on cakes, like wording and whatever, however we only do set thing" or something like that. They should literally decide what they're willing to do, and then make it so they're not discriminating.
There is nothing wrong with discriminating. The bakers have chosen not to be a part of perversion. Can perversion be met with decency and find compromise? Of course not.

There are societies you can go to where discrimination is all the rage. However the US has the Bill of Rights enshrines into the Constitution that was designed, and took a long to to get to, a situation where discrimination is seen as bad.

I think we should start forcing people like you to wear a giant L on their heads, and for no one to serve them in any shop. See how you'd like it.
The bill of rights is a limitation on government. You are not guaranteed rights from individuals.

Maybe so, but the theory of Human Rights still exists. When businesses decide to set up business they agree to terms and conditions of setting up their business, don't they? Are part of this is that they don't discriminate. Hence why these people broke the law. They not only broke the law, but went against the principles of Human Rights that have been a part of America since 1791!

The fairest solution is for the gay couple to go into the bakery and buy anything off the shelf.

For personal services like wedding cakes, the couple should understand that they can place the order with this bakery but the cake itself will be subcontracted out to another bakery.

The fairest thing is that the owners signed up to a deal to open their business which says they won't discriminate. Therefore it's fair they don't discriminate.

What would be sensible is that they make a way of dealing with customers that is actually decent and honest, and not like petty school children who don't like the fat girl in the corner and call her names.

They should say "we put stuff on cakes, like wording and whatever, however we only do set thing" or something like that. They should literally decide what they're willing to do, and then make it so they're not discriminating.
There is nothing wrong with discriminating. The bakers have chosen not to be a part of perversion. Can perversion be met with decency and find compromise? Of course not.

There are societies you can go to where discrimination is all the rage. However the US has the Bill of Rights enshrines into the Constitution that was designed, and took a long to to get to, a situation where discrimination is seen as bad.

I think we should start forcing people like you to wear a giant L on their heads, and for no one to serve them in any shop. See how you'd like it.
But but but asshole liberal restaurant owners refused to serve cops! Where was your outrage then? Can you link it?

Well, they probably should have done. However cops are not born cops. Gay people are. There's a difference here. However I do think that cops should be served. Problem is right now, the cops aren't going to go around pushing their weight around for obvious reasons.

It can be argued that anything and everything is vague which is why we have the SCOTUS and why we have lawyers.

With that said, IMO bakers who refuse to serve due to religion are misinterpreting God's will. I went through 12 years of Catholic school and I don't recall anything that says I'm supposed to deny anyone a service I provide.
That isn't the question. It's would you commit a sin because a customer demanded it of you?
Baking a cake is not a sin. Baking a cake as a bakery is part of your business.
Who appointed you the national Pope?

The lesbians won their case. Now they are complaining because they are getting just what they dished out.
They came as paying customers. Customers expecting the same high level of service provided to all other customers. What precisely did they " dish out"?
They instigated a terrorist campaign against this bakery. Perverts threatened the bakers, their vendors and even their customers. What these pervs are getting is mild.

Terrorist campaign? You made the claim, prove it.

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?
I second this. How did going after those on the other side of the situation help those who stand on their side? It didn't. All that it did was make their side of the situation an even more hated camp.

Blowing out one candle will not make another one shine brighter.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I feel no pity for them. None. Zip. Nada. They brought this on themselves and now they can live with it.

Am I against the LGBT community? Nope. But I am against idiots that want to force themselves onto people when a LGBT bakery would have LOVED to have had their business. Why not support them with baking their cake? Why MAKE someone go against their own beliefs with a lawsuit?
I second this. How did going after those on the other side of the situation help those who stand on their side? It didn't. All that it did was make their side of the situation an even more hated camp.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Why should they be forced to seek out a business that follows the law and would accommodate them? Why can't they enjoy the same high level of service this business offers to every other customer?

What if your standard applied to motels and the customer was Black? What if the business was a hospital and the injured was Islamic? Should this nation allow public businesses to treat customers differently because of who they are? These women came as paying customers. Their money is just as green as anyone else's. Yet there are some misguided Americans who stil believe that some American customers are not worthy of doing commerce simply because they are different.

The bill of rights is a limitation on government. You are not guaranteed rights from individuals.

Maybe so, but the theory of Human Rights still exists. When businesses decide to set up business they agree to terms and conditions of setting up their business, don't they? Are part of this is that they don't discriminate. Hence why these people broke the law. They not only broke the law, but went against the principles of Human Rights that have been a part of America since 1791!
In 1791 nobody ever floated the insane notion that government should regulate every transaction between private individuals. In fact no Leftist, communist ideas were part of our foundation.

In 1791 nobody ever floated the insane notion that government should regulate every transaction between private individuals. In fact no Leftist, communist ideas were part of our foundation.

So.... what? Some things have changed, and other things haven't.

In 1791 they had said "all men are created equal" and yet had slavery, are you suggesting we go back to slavery?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Why should they be forced to seek out a business that follows the law and would accommodate them? Why can't they enjoy the same high level of service this business offers to every other customer?

What if your standard applied to motels and the customer was Black? What if the business was a hospital and the injured was Islamic? Should this nation allow public businesses to treat customers differently because of who they are? These women came as paying customers. Their money is just as green as anyone else's. Yet there are some misguided Americans who stil believe that some American customers are not worthy of doing commerce simply because they are different.
If the way that the business is ran can not be respected, anyone who comes in for whatever reason should not expect any respect in return. People who bring any kind of disturbance to the picture will be thrown out.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If the way that the business is ran can not be respected, anyone who comes in for whatever reason should not expect any respect in return. People who bring any kind of disturbance to the picture will be thrown out.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
But these two women came in as customers. What infraction did they commit?

^^^ They asked for a gay wedding cake when they knew very well that it wasn't on the menu.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That isn't the question. It's would you commit a sin because a customer demanded it of you?

The lesbians won their case. Now they are complaining because they are getting just what they dished out.
They came as paying customers. Customers expecting the same high level of service provided to all other customers. What precisely did they " dish out"?
They instigated a terrorist campaign against this bakery. Perverts threatened the bakers, their vendors and even their customers. What these pervs are getting is mild.

The bakery closed because of threats.

Intolerance Burns Out Oregon Bakers

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests | Fox News

Now it's the perv couple receiving threats and protests after more than three years. Now the perv couple says it's only a cake.

Enjoy. This could well be the rest of your life.

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Christian bakery closes after LGBT threats, protests | Fox News
They were boycotted.

And if you depose threats so vehemently, why do you celebrate the threats received by those two women?

They were boycotted.

And if you depose threats so vehemently, why do you celebrate the threats received by those two women?
The two pervs deserve everything that's happening to them. It's a little mild.

Since they and their fellow pervs threatened the bakery, they have no complaints when it is happening to them.

just a couple of fat disgusting Dykes.......they are getting what they deserve.

55b7afa91700002500565b9d.jpeg
Why? Why do they "deserve" such hatred?
You reap what you sow. They started the fight . They can deal with the fall out.

The bakers are required to attend the wedding and don't want to go to a gay wedding. The controversy is over. The court has held that vendors are held in slavery to some approved slavemasters.

The issue is now the disapproval the slavemasters are getting.

just a couple of fat disgusting Dykes.......they are getting what they deserve.

55b7afa91700002500565b9d.jpeg
Why? Why do they "deserve" such hatred?
You reap what you sow. They started the fight . They can deal with the fall out.
They were customers! They wanted a cake for their wedding, nothing mor.

And the righteous bakers decided that these customers were not worthy of the same high level of service provided to all other customers.

Why? Because these righteous bakers believe that they must provide a mercantile impermatur in order for a couple to wed.

Forum List

Back